I was fired for Refusing to work as directed

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Discipline is covered in your local rider or supplement. Article 7 is a broad statement that lays out the general principles to be followed in the supplements. You need to look at your supplement under discipline and see if the company followed the language and then read up on the grievance language to see if your followed the language there. If you were properly given a termination letter with a steward as a witness and did not turn in a grievance within the prescribed time limit you will not get your job back. If you did you should have gotten a letter in the mail at the very least stating when and where your hearing would take place to determine if you stayed fired or were returned to work with a suspension or if all discipline was set aside. Most likely if you did not attend your hearing, you lost your job.

You will not be able to find out on Brown Cafe the true answer to your question. You will need to go to your local Union hall.

Rain Shield

What you should have done was worked as directed, then at the end of the shift, retained your shop steward and filed a grieveance. Your seniority guarantees you the right to work, not the right not to work.

I cannot believe that people spend years and years in this company and literally don't have clue #1 on how to deal with rambunctious supervisors.
Im-done.gif
Some supplements are different. In the southern supplement time off is awarded in seniority order. I believe it is Article 64. Just saying.

ncupser82

You have the right to work, not the right to go home early. I saw many mis-interpret this to their own career ending decisions when I was in the building.
I used to hate being sent home in the building...who can live off of $120 a week? One day off makes that less than 100 if I remember correctly!

Sent using BrownCafe App

tacken

I was fired for refusing to work as directed about 2 years ago i was with company for 7 years. My seniority was being violated and the full time manager was laughing as he was doing it, it was a Friday night that i had specifically said to him i would like to go home as soon as you cut somebody of my belt i have to wake up early the next day for a school exam. keep in mind i have to most seniority in the belt. once time came to cut people he started letting others go before me. i brought it to his attention after the second guy he let go with less seniority then me and he just laughed and i told him that it wasn't fair and that i wasn't going to continue working. he then said "well you are fired" he went upstairs and got the paper work together and my shop Stuart said that it wasn't rite what he was doing. i filed grievance rite away and my union rep will always just say he will call me back, and never did. the manager that fired me called me to apologize and said to me to file grievance to get my job back. i tried calling my union rep millions of times and never answers and when he does he always will say i call you back we are working on it. can somebody please help and advice on what to do? im from local 396
AHHHH 396 they are the best. Yeah just get in your car drive on over and they will help you.

gottogo

I was fired for refusing to work as directed about 2 years ago i was with company for 7 years. My seniority was being violated and the full time manager was laughing as he was doing it, it was a Friday night that i had specifically said to him i would like to go home as soon as you cut somebody of my belt i have to wake up early the next day for a school exam. keep in mind i have to most seniority in the belt. once time came to cut people he started letting others go before me. i brought it to his attention after the second guy he let go with less seniority then me and he just laughed and i told him that it wasn't fair and that i wasn't going to continue working. he then said "well you are fired" he went upstairs and got the paper work together and my shop Stuart said that it wasn't rite what he was doing. i filed grievance rite away and my union rep will always just say he will call me back, and never did. the manager that fired me called me to apologize and said to me to file grievance to get my job back. i tried calling my union rep millions of times and never answers and when he does he always will say i call you back we are working on it. can somebody please help and advice on what to do? im from local 396

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I just don't get why you would refuse to work. UPS loves to basically "throw money at you ". The 2 yr hiatus? That baffles me. If you never received a termination letter there may be a minute chance. With a lawyer. Plus his expenses. I think you should have had a new job and moved on by now. Curious? What have you been doing for the 2 yrs? Blackout

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
2 years in the grand scheme of things isn't that long, in universe time its less than a blink of an eye!

Sent using BrownCafe App