I was termed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
you were in Browns, security does not know and nobody from management would sign you in? I find that hard to believe.
I cannot even remember the last time I showed my badge while wearing Browns into the building.

Mr Shifter

also I recently had filed a grievance over being denied work over a lower seniority person/sups working. I was about to file another one. I showed up to work but forgot my badge. They wouldn't sign me in. Instead of going home and coming back late, I called in. I had showed up to work over 30 minutes early. (I just do that sometimes) They didn't put in my option day. When I didn't see it on my check I texted my fulltime sup that I wanted a green check on the option day. I came back Monday and asked her if she got the text. She said yes. I told her boss that I had asked her for the green check. He started saying adjustment. Its been long over 10 days. I haven't gotten a green check or an adjustment.

All this and on your recording you stated you aren't a union member/pay dues.

Adios sucka

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

you were in Browns, security does not know and nobody from management would sign you in? I find that hard to believe.
I cannot even remember the last time I showed my badge while wearing Browns into the building.
If he's part time he doesn't wear browns.
He may change into them as seasonal but I thought he was "bagging" smalls?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
no that steward plays for the other team. the grievance I filed about being denied work... He had been going around telling people that when OT is involved, the company can work a lower seniority person before higher seniority. I was trying to get a 7 day punch. I asked him what article it was in the current contract that says double shift doesn't go by seniority when OT is involved. He said,"its not in the the contract, it just is."

I had skin cancer last year on my arm. I went back to work the same day. I was just using one arm in small sort. I was doing about 100 pph slower using one arm. My fulltime sup said I had to go home, or get a doctors note and work with both arms. (because it hurt her pph) Actually she was saying a box could fall and rip my stitches open, in small sort, for a completely covered and glued and stitched area. Anyway, I said hey, you have to accommodate me because cancer is a disability, ADA. He sided with the sup. I said something about him siding with management because his dad was a manager at the same hub. (notice a trend yet) He got really upset about that.

I was in the union for a while. I got out because at my hub they just let management walk on people. We get out benefits and contract from the national agreement. But for the most part they are not really clear cut penalties for when they do break the agreement. And the stewards just let them because for the most part they are allowed to slack and ride the clock, or get paid on a quick sup working claim. And really they say it goes by seniority, but its who you know. So many of the higher paying jobs are military or family or family of military, at least at my hub.

You had a shot at getting your job back.

It sounded like you didn't admit to too much. It is basically your word against his. From what you said in that interview, you should get a suspension and return to work.

If I were you, I would ask a mod to take this down before Dragon sees it.

If UPS sees this, you have no shot in hell of getting back.

And to your other point, they can always use a person on straight time as opposed to a person on OT regardless of seniority.

Edit. By this, I mean the recording.

Last edited:
I actually recorded the meeting I was called into. I'm in texas and can record any conversation. For now I think its better to hold that back.
Once things are final, I might link it for :censored2:s and giggles.

The hub manager said he was terminating me. And if I was asked a racial question, my answer will probably be racial.
It's against the ups code of conduct to record a conversation on property. If you disclose this you will not step foot in another ups after your initial local level hearing. Those laws don't equate to ups. Keep that to your self. If you file a lawsuit after you are eventually terminated they will bleed you dry. Just watch and wait if you don't believe me.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
It's very amusing that you state you're not a dues paying member yet you ask the steward to pretty much save your job. You in no way tried to save your own job, in my opinion as a steward that recording does not work in your favor. It deserves mentioning that you weren't cooperative with the very steward who was there to help you. Some people get what they deserve.

10 point

You had a shot at getting your job back.

It sounded like you didn't admit to too much. It is basically your word against his. From what you said in that interview, you should get a suspension and return to work.

If I were you, I would ask a mod to take this down before Dragon sees it.

If UPS sees this, you have no shot in hell of getting back.

And to your other point, they can always use a person on straight time as opposed to a person on OT regardless of seniority.

Edit. By this, I mean the recording.
If you get your job back and don't change the behavior that with which you consistantly exhibit a pattern with it won't matter what hoops you go through to retain your job.

Constantly doing the same things gets the same results.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you get your job back and don't change the behavior that with which you consistantly exhibit a pattern with it won't matter what hoops you go through to retain your job.

Constantly doing the same things gets the same results.
alberteinstein133991.jpg

Returntosender

It's against the ups code of conduct to record a conversation on property. If you disclose this you will not step foot in another ups after your initial local level hearing. Those laws don't equate to ups. Keep that to your self. If you file a lawsuit after you are eventually terminated they will bleed you dry. Just watch and wait if you don't believe me.
Ups does not win all the lawsuits. Any type of bad publicity they will avoid.

10 point

Oh yea but they will also bleed you dry over recording conversations. It's well documented.
The sticking point may be that company policy is or has not been passed out to employees in our building, nor is it posted, and no employee that I know of, including myself, has been directed to a internet site depicting company policy.

The federally mandated postings and any policy info may be on a billboard thats 8-10 ft up a stairway where all employees do not traffic on a normal basis.

That presents a problem for alleged "disclosure" and training policies.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My steward declined to help.

That steward plays for the other team.

And, the basis of your complaint is....

Your Steward didn't "tell" you (a non-Teamster) what you wanted to hear ?

I made an off color joke to a coworker, about another coworker that was being inconsiderate.

Do you see the problem ?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5CD251B911BE5770!4443&authkey=!AExBG6Y4n0j2IPU&ithint=file,WAV

It could also all be retaliation because I have had problems with entitled sups parking in my united way spot. I put some papers on his car saying this spot donates to freedom from religion foundation. Most people in texas would not want to be affiliated with that charity. I kind of think they park in my spot so I can't because of the charity I donate to. Good for a laugh.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5CD251B911BE5770!4453&authkey=!AKnR-eTOqNy-lIA&ithint=video,mp4

Wow man you are a fool. It's obvious you like to push buttons and say whatever you want. I listened to your recording.

Nice recording.

You're an idiot. A big mouthed, racist idiot at that.

I had skin cancer last year on my arm. I went back to work the same day. I was just using one arm in small sort. I was doing about 100 pph slower using one arm. My fulltime sup said I had to go home, or get a doctors note and work with both arms.

Anyway, I said hey, you have to accommodate me because cancer is a disability, ADA.

So....

You have an "approved" ADA Accommodation ??

And, the company refused that ?

-Bug-

Ashell

That hub manager is just saying there is a pattern. I have worked their 9 years. If there was a clear pattern there would be more stuff than just the last few months, or 2 comments and a crass joke. We have been so short for people on all shifts this year. I had been double shifting so much I clocked over 2000 hours. I just asked the BA if I could get fulltime benefits earlier this week. He got upset I even asked. If there was a clear pattern it would be issues that deal with more than just my shift, or people in small sort. I think its more to knock me down, by some very backward people.

You have an "approved" ADA Accommodation ??

Its UPS that would go about approving the ADA. There have been several companies, not just UPS, where people dealing with cancer have had problems with getting their company to recognize cancer as a disability. My doctor was the one who first told me about ADA. I get the feeling UPS bullied her into submission with a paperwork storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.