I was termed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashell

My steward declined to help. I asked him if I had to turn over my badge when asked and he nodded yes.

The long story short is I was asked questions, and the people asking the questions didn't like my answers. So they reported it as harassment. I also made an off color joke to a coworker, about another coworker that was being inconsiderate. 3rd party had a beef with me already, over heard it, and reported.

My understanding is I have about a day to file. My steward didn't help at work. I kind of think this is more to exclude me from all the hours going on over peak. Still have to go through the paper work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The interesting thing is I have reported issues that I felt were harassing or discriminating and ups has done nothing to my knowledge. They may have talked to the people, but a while later they just started doing it again.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
My steward declined to help. I asked him if I had to turn over my badge when asked and he nodded yes.

The long story short is I was asked questions, and the people asking the questions didn't like my answers. So they reported it as harassment. I also made an off color joke to a coworker, about another coworker that was being inconsiderate. 3rd party had a beef with me already, over heard it, and reported.

My understanding is I have about a day to file. My steward didn't help at work. I kind of think this is more to exclude me from all the hours going on over peak. Still have to go through the paper work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The interesting thing is I have reported issues that I felt were harassing or discriminating and ups has done nothing to my knowledge. They may have talked to the people, but a while later they just started doing it again.

Your steward can't just refuse an order from management and let you keep your UPS issued ID.

Were you terminated or taken off the job pending investigation? There's a big difference between the two. If you were fired, you need to file a protest grievance. If you're off pending, you just have to wait.

There's no grand conspiracy to exclude you from OT. Hell, in my building, seasonals are working doubles and getting 70 hours/week if they want.

You must have said something a little more than "off color" to get canned in the middle of peak. There will likely be an investigation with statements submitted by witnesses over the next 2-3 weeks. You might be returned to work before then, but definitely not if you used a racial epithet and multiple people heard it.

Ashell

I actually recorded the meeting I was called into. I'm in texas and can record any conversation. For now I think its better to hold that back.
Once things are final, I might link it for :censored2:s and giggles.

The hub manager said he was terminating me. And if I was asked a racial question, my answer will probably be racial.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I actually recorded the meeting I was called into. I'm in texas and can record any conversation. For now I think its better to hold that back.
Once things are final, I might link it for :censored2:s and giggles.

The hub manager said he was terminating me. And if I was asked a racial question, my answer will probably be racial.

Texas may allow you to record conversations, but UPS does not.

That is a dischargeable offense in and of itself.

I suggest you do not mention that recording, especially if you end up getting your job back.

Not much your steward can do except to make sure you file a grievance.

Ashell

If I'm fired just for recording it, might as well post it up on reddit. ;)

For anyone saying I did something horrible. It might have been in bad taste. I think it has far more to do with that the person of another race's mom is higher up in the hub management. I really feel though, if someone asks I have every right to give my honest opinion.

Ashell

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5CD251B911BE5770!4443&authkey=!AExBG6Y4n0j2IPU&ithint=file,WAV

It could also all be retaliation because I have had problems with entitled sups parking in my united way spot. I put some papers on his car saying this spot donates to freedom from religion foundation. Most people in texas would not want to be affiliated with that charity. I kind of think they park in my spot so I can't because of the charity I donate to. Good for a laugh.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...453&authkey=!AKnR-eTOqNy-lIA&ithint=video,mp4

Ashell

also I recently had filed a grievance over being denied work over a lower seniority person/sups working. I was about to file another one. I showed up to work but forgot my badge. They wouldn't sign me in. Instead of going home and coming back late, I called in. I had showed up to work over 30 minutes early. (I just do that sometimes) They didn't put in my option day. When I didn't see it on my check I texted my fulltime sup that I wanted a green check on the option day. I came back Monday and asked her if she got the text. She said yes. I told her boss that I had asked her for the green check. He started saying adjustment. Its been long over 10 days. I haven't gotten a green check or an adjustment. The fact that they didn't do either, when a mistake was made, makes me think they did it maliciously. They want to go on about me harassing people. Why is it the guy that is making the complaint, its okay for him to talk about tyler parry. (he was saying all his movies were bad to a black person) The whole issue with the stress doll, it was a "safety questioner." It was about eating and stress. My life outside of UPS is not UPS's business. Don't ask me about my life outside of work and you don't get answers like that.

542thruNthru

Wow man you are a fool. It's obvious you like to push buttons and say whatever you want. I listened to your recording. I can pretty much say your termination was justified.

You say your shop steward didn't do anything. Ya maroon that's because you refused to pause your recording.

I usually hate when people say this but... good luck at your next job.

542thruNthru

if he was going to be honest why not be on tape? What does he have to hide?

Because it's obvious you are a child and like to play games and stir up trouble.

He has no idea what you will do with that tape. It's easy to cut and paste audio. You could have done anything with it. He asked you to stop it. You said no.

What makes me laugh is you are on here crying that he didn't help you but you even say in the recording that you are not part of the Union.

Well now you're not part of UPS either.

TheFigurehead

Nice recording.

You're an idiot. A big mouthed, racist idiot at that. You have no chance of ever getting your job back, and although 99% of the time, I'd support my fellow employees, UPS is right on this one. You aren't even a union member. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, maroon.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5CD251B911BE5770!4443&authkey=!AExBG6Y4n0j2IPU&ithint=file,WAV

It could also all be retaliation because I have had problems with entitled sups parking in my united way spot. I put some papers on his car saying this spot donates to freedom from religion foundation. Most people in texas would not want to be affiliated with that charity. I kind of think they park in my spot so I can't because of the charity I donate to. Good for a laugh.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...453&authkey=!AKnR-eTOqNy-lIA&ithint=video,mp4

Your steward knew you were recording that?

He will be on the unemployment line right next to you.

Ashell

no that steward plays for the other team. the grievance I filed about being denied work... He had been going around telling people that when OT is involved, the company can work a lower seniority person before higher seniority. I was trying to get a 7 day punch. I asked him what article it was in the current contract that says double shift doesn't go by seniority when OT is involved. He said,"its not in the the contract, it just is."

I had skin cancer last year on my arm. I went back to work the same day. I was just using one arm in small sort. I was doing about 100 pph slower using one arm. My fulltime sup said I had to go home, or get a doctors note and work with both arms. (because it hurt her pph) Actually she was saying a box could fall and rip my stitches open, in small sort, for a completely covered and glued and stitched area. Anyway, I said hey, you have to accommodate me because cancer is a disability, ADA. He sided with the sup. I said something about him siding with management because his dad was a manager at the same hub. (notice a trend yet) He got really upset about that.

I was in the union for a while. I got out because at my hub they just let management walk on people. We get out benefits and contract from the national agreement. But for the most part they are not really clear cut penalties for when they do break the agreement. And the stewards just let them because for the most part they are allowed to slack and ride the clock, or get paid on a quick sup working claim. And really they say it goes by seniority, but its who you know. So many of the higher paying jobs are military or family or family of military, at least at my hub.

oldngray

nowhere special
wambulance_mug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.