I was termed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If the mods had any compassion at all, they would lock and delete this dumpster fire of a thread and ban the OP.
You sound like my district HR guy to my center manager.

"You should fire him. He can't keep running down the belt naked yelling "I'm faster the Usain Bolt!"

10 point

If the mods had any compassion at all, they would lock and delete this dumpster fire of a thread and ban the OP.
oOXDJDU.jpg

jaker

trolling
Man you just couldn't shut up , all you had to do was denied everything that was said it was his word against your word but you couldn't

So instead you dig yourself a big hole and buried yourself in it and that is as FACT

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Man you just couldn't shut up , all you had to do was denied everything that was said it was his word against your word but you couldn't

So instead you dig yourself a big hole and buried yourself in it and that is as FACT

You can't save "some" people.... from themselves.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Do you think that if he was a dues paying member the steward may have suggested that to him?

The steward may have enjoyed watching the scab hang himself.

The steward did his job. He was there to represent the scab. I never once heard the scab ask the steward for any advice pertaining to the questions.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I never once heard the scab ask the steward for any advice pertaining to the questions.

I won't listen to it. (life is to short)

But, I am guessing.... he didn't even ask to caucus with the Steward, for advice.

Some people, think they are so smart. :biggrin:

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I won't listen to it. (life is to short)

But, I am guessing.... he didn't even ask to caucus with the Steward, for advice.

Some people, think they are so smart. :biggrin:

-Bug-

To be fair, how many hourlies even know that they have to right to meet privately with their steward before their hearing starts?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To be fair, how many hourlies even know that they have to right to meet privately with their steward before their hearing starts?

It wasn't a "hearing".

From the OP's (original and subsequent) post, it was an inquiry.

Based, on a complaint.

Right ?

To be fair....

I understand, what you are alluding too.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It wasn't a "hearing".

From the OP's (original and subsequent) post, it was an inquiry.

Based, on a complaint.

Right ?

To be fair....

I understand, what you are alluding too.

-Bug-

It was an "interview" to get the OP's side of the story. To find out if he did say what he was accused of saying and to find out what he meant by the statements.

A good steward, as soon as he found out what the line of questioning was, should have taken the OP outside and made it clear that it was going to be his word against the compaintants.

There are ways to not admit to what you said without outright calling the complaintant a liar.

And without admitting it, it is your word against his.

And while UPS may put more credence in the complaintants statement, it would not be enough for a discharge, or for a discharge to stick without the OP admitting it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A good steward, as soon as he found out what the line of questioning was, should have taken the OP outside and made it clear that it was going to be his word against the compaintants.

Do you think that if he was a dues paying member the steward may have suggested that to him?

The steward may have enjoyed watching the scab hang himself.

Life.... is full of choices.

The "best" we can do (representing the members) is offer advice.

What members do with that advice.... is on them.

-Bug-

10 point

-Bug-
Isn't the company supposed to brief the union on what the charge(s) will be prior to the interview?

Is that what the NLRB asserts?

upschuck

In all honesty, this types of stuff goes on all the time in warehouses, he just didn't know who his "friends" were.

UPSGUY72

-Bug-

You can't fix stupid either... Some people just don't know when to shut up and let someone else do the talking. Someone that has know what works and doesn't....

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Isn't the company supposed to brief the union on what the charge(s) will be prior to the interview?

Is that what the NLRB asserts?

That'd make my job a lot easier, but not quite.

During a pre-disciplinary/disciplinary interview, the manager must be willing to disclose the reason for the interview. They can't just pull someone into the office for a fishing expedition.

Perfect example of this would be the classic opener: "Do you know why you're here?"

A good steward will shut that down in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.