IAM UPS contract Machinist

Impact77

Our local did not even allow our Union Steward to suggest his issues or anyone else in our shop. When I did talk to our BA he was a little hostile about questioning their decisions. When I asked about Aetna that we had he stated that they did not even try to see if we could keep it. Now with everyone claiming UPS is not in the insurance buisness, Obama care states they have to offer it by law to all of their non-union employees so they will still have insurance available. I have family that work for UPS also not in a union. Also does anyone know how many IAM people are on the total count?

But if you were getting it, it wouldn't be, right?
I'm not so whatever I say has little meaning but here goes. If I was supposed to get 6700 a month in pension I would bank the majority of it. In the back of my mind I would be think that at that dollar amount eventually it will become unsustainable. As a driver that makes money hand over fist for this company when I see those pensions it makes me scratch my head a little and leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I still think it's great for them.