Idaho driver pay rate

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I haven't seen anything that says you could be forced from RPCD to 22.4 in a transfer. I suppose you could accept a 22.4 position, but it should work that every 7th RPCD opening goes to a transfer if there is one. But yes, you start at the bottom for bidding and picking vacation weeks.
Because you lose building seniority, you become a 22.4 red circled at your RPCD rate. Otherwise you’d be leapfrogging over 22.4 drivers that technically now have more seniority than you.

baklava

so were u a 22.4 in cali or are u forfeiting rank?
I’m an RPCD in the Bay Area. I looked into transferring to center that would be technically be further from my house but would be the reverse commute because the traffic is so gnarly. The transfer was accepted however I’d need to take a 22.4, so I turned it down.

baklava

Sign up list goes up every October. You are able to pick 2 buildings. All the available buildings are posted with the list.
Sounds like you’re in western. Up here in NorCal if you transfer to a building with 22.4, you become one. Trust me, I’ve had many conversations with pissed off drivers that were planning on getting out of the Bay Area.

Sounds like you’re in western. Up here in NorCal if you transfer to a building with 22.4, you become one. Trust me, I’ve had many conversations with pissed off drivers that were planning on getting out of the Bay Area.
Sorry, thought you were talking about the western.

ManInBrown

I haven't seen anything that says you could be forced from RPCD to 22.4 in a transfer. I suppose you could accept a 22.4 position, but it should work that every 7th RPCD opening goes to a transfer if there is one. But yes, you start at the bottom for bidding and picking vacation weeks.
Bottom for picking vacations? That sucks. That’s a company time process. I can understand bottom for everything else.

ManInBrown

That’s a pretty damn good living for Idaho where the cost of living is relatively low. $80k/yr without a single minute of OT.
UPS drivers are probably the richest people in the state. Where I am for cost of living, what we make, I’m practically one step away from govt assistance.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Bottom for picking vacations? That sucks. That’s a company time process. I can understand bottom for everything else.

There are definitely drawbacks to transferring, but for most people who transfer it's worth it. At least you maintain company seniority for accruing vacation.

ManInBrown

There are definitely drawbacks to transferring, but for most people who transfer it's worth it. At least you maintain company seniority for accruing vacation.
Oh absolutely. Where I am we can’t go anywhere except from one sheethole part of the state to another. If I lived in the West I would definitely take advantage of the transfer policies. I’m just more surprised that you don’t slot in on vacation picks where your company seniority puts you. Bottom line staying at full rate and accrued vacation time is most important.

UPS drivers are probably the richest people in the state. Where I am for cost of living, what we make, I’m practically one step away from govt assistance.
I wouldn’t go that far, a dollar definitely goes farther here than some places. The Boise area is one of the fastest growing in the nation and the housing market is insane. Homes that were selling for $200k 5 years ago have doubled in price.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I wouldn’t go that far, a dollar definitely goes farther here than some places. The Boise area is one of the fastest growing in the nation and the housing market is insane. Homes that were selling for $200k 5 years ago have doubled in price.

The liberalization of Idaho has begun. That's how they got Colorado and Oregon, and how they are trying to get Texas and Arizona.