Idaho driver pay rate

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I wouldn’t go that far, a dollar definitely goes farther here than some places. The Boise area is one of the fastest growing in the nation and the housing market is insane. Homes that were selling for $200k 5 years ago have doubled in price.
Hey, good news is people can sell and take all that equity to move away from the invading Californians

ManInBrown

I wouldn’t go that far, a dollar definitely goes farther here than some places. The Boise area is one of the fastest growing in the nation and the housing market is insane. Homes that were selling for $200k 5 years ago have doubled in price.
$200K or $400K gets you a cardboard box in a desirable alley where I am. I’d give my left leg to live somewhere where you can rent an apartment for under $1000 a month. Everything here $2k a month and up, and for $2K you’re not getting much.

Dr.Brownz

Oh absolutely. Where I am we can’t go anywhere except from one sheethole part of the state to another. If I lived in the West I would definitely take advantage of the transfer policies. I’m just more surprised that you don’t slot in on vacation picks where your company seniority puts you. Bottom line staying at full rate and accrued vacation time is most important.

It would be complete horse:censored2: if some ancient old man could just transfer into my small town and take away all the good vacation weeks from the drivers that have been working here the last 20 years.....You get the same number of weeks and you already got to move to our awesome area, what more do you want?

baklava

$200K or $400K gets you a cardboard box in a desirable alley where I am. I’d give my left leg to live somewhere where you can rent an apartment for under $1000 a month. Everything here $2k a month and up, and for $2K you’re not getting much.
...with bums on every corner outside your apartment building. And you’re a “Karen” if you complain about them

Dr.Brownz

It can sometimes be difficult to squeeze all 7 weeks of vacation in the first year of a transfer.

How would that ever happen? The contract says they have to offer additional weeks off if the number of weeks accrued exceeds the number of weeks available? Or do you come from a LOCAL WITH NO BALLS?

bdmiz

I haven't seen anything that says you could be forced from RPCD to 22.4 in a transfer. I suppose you could accept a 22.4 position, but it should work that every 7th RPCD opening goes to a transfer if there is one. But yes, you start at the bottom for bidding and picking vacation weeks.
This is what i've been told. I will not be a 22.4 driver. I will maintain RPCD classification but lose building seniority. I am fine with this sacrifice if it means leaving this terrible state.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is what i've been told. I will not be a 22.4 driver. I will maintain RPCD classification but lose building seniority. I am fine with this sacrifice if it means leaving this terrible state.

Not every center has 22.4 anyway, the one you are transferring to probably doesn't. Even Boise probably isn't big enough to require Saturday ground delivery.

baklava

Should probably move to northern California and vote to break off to form the State of Jefferson along with Southern Oregon.
The Jefferson movement is very real, they want it badly up there. Every time I go to Yosemite I see more and more flags and bumper stickers on the way up. Not sure it’ll ever happen, but it’s not for lack of effort.

How would that ever happen? The contract says they have to offer additional weeks off if the number of weeks accrued exceeds the number of weeks available? Or do you come from a LOCAL WITH NO BALLS?
February when the vacation sign up is winding down. They then take a transfer with 7 weeks vacation.