If Bezos bought UPS What is the selling price?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You must have never heard of the merger between UPS and Fedex...

Yup, my truck is ready for the merger :

sketch-1574621273175-png.273209

Overpaid Union Thug

Bezos would likely buy FedEx Ground before UPS. He isn't exactly a pro-union guy and would likely believe absorbing a non-union entity into his empire to be much simpler than a union one.

CoolStoryBro

To answer OP's question. Right now, UPS is for sale for 144 billion. However, if a larger company tried to buy UPS out it would likely drive the share prices up and subsequently the market cap of UPS would increase.

ddomino

My understanding is that more than 50% of the shares are in 1 or more trust funds set up by Jim Casey, and the board of directors vote those shares, therefor giving them controlling majority of the company.

quad decade guy

To answer OP's question. Right now, UPS is for sale for 144 billion. However, if a larger company tried to buy UPS out it would likely drive the share prices up and subsequently the market cap of UPS would increase.
Ok.
Please give exact 100% proof of all of your statement please. If you know, it's got to be common knowledge. Any articles etc. Board minutes etc. Thanks.

rocket man

He's going to make an offer of $500 a share. Amazon is at 3200 for sure now it would be a drop in the bucket. the next day. UPS will open up as worldwide services it's already on the package cars and trucks. They will be worldwide services but the world will still know them as UPS

rocket man

$500 a share the next day UPS would open up as worldwide services it's already on the package cars. The whole world would think of them as UPS

quad decade guy

$500 a share the next day UPS would open up as worldwide services it's already on the package cars. The whole world would think of them as UPS

Source of your information? Why would he do this? Why not continue on the path of slow, steady growth? Just put UPS out of business. It won't take much. There is a tipping point. Amazon is getting their stuff delivered now, without a nod towards anyone.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Does he he have the cash to do it?
He has the stock to do it. I don't see it happening. Organized Labor is too much of a headache to merge with.

My prediction is Amazon buying FedEx Ground in an all cash deal sooner than later mainly for hubs/centers, employees with no stock changing hands. FedEx Express stays the same... pockets the cash/invests and builds a partnership with the post office.

That's my guess.