If Bezos bought UPS What is the selling price?

Johney

Just put UPS out of business. It won't take much. There is a tipping point. Amazon is getting their stuff delivered now, without a nod towards anyone.
I highly doubt anyone is going to put UPS out of business especially Amazon. I don't really think they are interested in delivering anybody else's crap but their own.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
He's going to make an offer of $500 a share. Amazon is at 3200 for sure now it would be a drop in the bucket. the next day. UPS will open up as worldwide services it's already on the package cars and trucks. They will be worldwide services but the world will still know them as UPS
Um...

No. No, I don't think the math works out well on that... Lol.
Our current market cap is about 112 billion?

At five hundred bucks a share, Amazon would need to come up with about 430+ billion.

Amazon has roughly 50 billion in cash.

And their market cap is 1.56 trillion.

So Bezos would be tying up a quarter of his company in the shipping industry.

Ain't gonna happen. And it isn't a drop in the bucket, even for them.

rocket man

Um...

No. No, I don't think the math works out well on that... Lol.
Our current market cap is about 112 billion?

At five hundred bucks a share, Amazon would need to come up with about 430+ billion.

Amazon has roughly 50 billion in cash.

And their market cap is 1.56 trillion.

So Bezos would be tying up a quarter of his company in the shipping industry.

Ain't gonna happen. And it isn't a drop in the bucket, even for them.
Ok

rocket man

He has the stock to do it. I don't see it happening. Organized Labor is too much of a headache to merge with.

My prediction is Amazon buying FedEx Ground in an all cash deal sooner than later mainly for hubs/centers, employees with no stock changing hands. FedEx Express stays the same... pockets the cash/invests and builds a partnership with the post office.

That's my guess.
I Guess we will find out soon enough.

Johney

Bezo's isn't buying FedEx or UPS why in the hell would he invest all the money he has in the new equipment he just bought if he was planning on buying one of the two? Ain't going to happen.

CoolStoryBro

Ok.
Please give exact 100% proof of all of your statement please. If you know, it's got to be common knowledge. Any articles etc. Board minutes etc. Thanks.

Just go to yahoo finance and search for UPS. The "market cap" value is the price to buy all shares of stock. That's the lowest and most entry level basic stock market knowledge.

quad decade guy

Just go to yahoo finance and search for UPS. The "market cap" value is the price to buy all shares of stock. That's the lowest and most entry level basic stock market knowledge.

Ok. You said it's "for sale". Is it? You mean the stock is for sale? Or the company, like say any car or business is for sale? So again, prove it. Of course you didn't. And how would YOU know? Ah, pure conjecture, speculation....So, is our company, jobs and future being sold?

CoolStoryBro

Ok. You said it's "for sale". Is it? You mean the stock is for sale? Or the company, like say any car or business is for sale? So again, prove it. Of course you didn't. And how would YOU know? Ah, pure conjecture, speculation....So, is our company, jobs and future being sold?

A share of stock is ownership of a percentage of the company. UPS is on sale everyday on the stock market. go back and re-read what I said. If an entity wanted to buy UPS out on the open market then that would drive the share prices up.

Are you mentally challenged or purposefully difficult?

quad decade guy

A share of stock is ownership of a percentage of the company. UPS is on sale everyday on the stock market. go back and re-read what I said. If an entity wanted to buy UPS out on the open market then that would drive the share prices up.

Are you mentally challenged or purposefully difficult?

Back at ya "bro".....are you idiotic? You said "right now UPS is for sale at $144 billion". Now, most of us simpletons know what "for sale" means. Like recently Whataburger was "sold". Bought by an entity. Whataburger...it's "owned" by a new group than before. They get to make the decisions and so forth....because they own it.

Purposefully difficult? No. Are you purposefully evasive? And can't back up your claim? Someone or group or entity or some such "owns" UPS. Just like someone owns any business or thing. It's a simple concept. Who owns UPS? Tell us exactly. Now, getting past that, are they selling it for $144 billion? Please put it in simple terms for us mentally challenged. K? Bro...

CoolStoryBro

Back at ya "bro".....are you idiotic? You said "right now UPS is for sale at $144 billion". Now, most of us simpletons know what "for sale" means. Like recently Whataburger was "sold". Bought by an entity. Whataburger...it's "owned" by a new group than before. They get to make the decisions and so forth....because they own it.

Purposefully difficult? No. Are you purposefully evasive? And can't back up your claim? Someone or group or entity or some such "owns" UPS. Just like someone owns any business or thing. It's a simple concept. Who owns UPS? Tell us exactly. Now, getting past that, are they selling it for $144 billion? Please put it in simple terms for us mentally challenged. K? Bro...

You are obviously the expert. Why aren't you telling us instead of asking?
Because no one asked you. Troll harder, nerd.

quad decade guy

You are obviously the expert. Why aren't you telling us instead of asking?
Because no one asked you. Troll harder, nerd.

No"Bro". Come on. Troll? You chimed in. I've always heard UPS was owned by a private family. Somehow. I don't know them. Now, tell us. You said it was for sale. By who/whom? You even defined a price. Don't ask me to prove your statement. You made it. Are you mentally challenged or just obtuse? Difficult? See? Are you and burrhead related? Again, who is selling UPS for $144 billion? Expert? No, but I can go to the hardware store and buy a "For Sale" sign and put it on my lawnmower knowing who owns it.....and I'd bet a lot of people would like to know who really owns UPS and it's for sale.