If I am punched out?????

packageguy

Re: This is what i do

At my ups facility if management ask me to do something after I'm clocked out then I tell them to friend-Off and keep walking to my car. You should do the same. Know your rights!

I know what you just wrote is a lie, All talk, I bet you are a kiss ass. Some new guy being a tough guy. lol

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
if you are always to do what they say and work off the clock...why do you clock in???? why dont they call you in to work preload???huh??? translation to english sorry

CAHARRELL,

one of the first things you need to know before you spout off on a subject, is what you said before on other threads. You said " I know the contract".... but in the above post, you clearly DONT. Start times and end shift times are two totally different subjects.

First, to your question in the above post. Start times cannot be "called in" and changed for the employee without a given 24 hour notice. So, they cannot call you in and order you in to work preload. They can ASK you to come in and work preload, but that rate is at 1 1/2 times your regular rate of pay per hour for every hour before your posted start time.

Now, this work, must be offered to seniority people first working its way down the ladder of seniority, and not the other way around, or a grievance could be filed by a seniority driver for a violation of seniority.

In the PM, the poster who asked the question does not make clear his standing on seniority ( top, bottom , middle) and you CANT make a judgement on his case without this fact. If he is the LOW MAN at the time, guess what, he goes back out, thats the agreement in the contract. The IBT has sanctioned this practice of seniority.

There are no questions asked. The contract is clear on this issue, "seniority shall prevail in all aspects of the daily operation, and seniority shall be given prime consideration in the everyday operation of the business".

This means the PM. Whether or not the employee punched out in hopes of avoiding continuing service means nothing. If he is LOW MAN, he goes back out or gets fired. A LOW MAN will NEVER force out a senior man in the PM. Period.

Now, if there were an emergency, or a situation where a single dad needed to pick up his child from school or some mitigating circumstance that would prevent the person from going back out, then thats something that falls onto the operators and not something we fight out amongst ourselves.

You have to know the contract first Carharrell before you make yourself sound foolish. Just ask moreluck.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Can someone please tell me where I can find this language in my contract?

Look in the master agreement. Of the company posts a start time, and they want to change that posted start time, it must give a 24 hour notice to the employee. If it wants you to work prior to the posted start time that is required to be posted the friday before the new week, that time is to be paid and time and one half 1 1/2 an hour for any hours prior to the posted start time.

The reason that is the agreement is to prevent the company from changing your start times only to make you late. 24 hour notice is plenty of time for you to make any necessary arrangements in order to arrive ontime.

Peace.

union4life

Look in the master agreement. Of the company posts a start time, and they want to change that posted start time, it must give a 24 hour notice to the employee. If it wants you to work prior to the posted start time that is required to be posted the friday before the new week, that time is to be paid and time and one half 1 1/2 an hour for any hours prior to the posted start time.

The reason that is the agreement is to prevent the company from changing your start times only to make you late. 24 hour notice is plenty of time for you to make any necessary arrangements in order to arrive ontime.
Ok. I'll keep looking. No luck yet. We get a massage on the DIAD at 3 in the afternoon saying "start time for tomorrow has been moved from 845 to 815" or we get start time has changed from 845 to 900".

Our BA says that the 24hr notice is more of a courtesy.

M

MenInBrown

CAHARRELL,

one of the first things you need to know before you spout off on a subject, is what you said before on other threads. You said " I know the contract".... but in the above post, you clearly DONT. Start times and end shift times are two totally different subjects.

First, to your question in the above post. Start times cannot be "called in" and changed for the employee without a given 24 hour notice. So, they cannot call you in and order you in to work preload. They can ASK you to come in and work preload, but that rate is at 1 1/2 times your regular rate of pay per hour for every hour before your posted start time.

Now, this work, must be offered to seniority people first working its way down the ladder of seniority, and not the other way around, or a grievance could be filed by a seniority driver for a violation of seniority.

In the PM, the poster who asked the question does not make clear his standing on seniority ( top, bottom , middle) and you CANT make a judgement on his case without this fact. If he is the LOW MAN at the time, guess what, he goes back out, thats the agreement in the contract. The IBT has sanctioned this practice of seniority.

There are no questions asked. The contract is clear on this issue, "seniority shall prevail in all aspects of the daily operation, and seniority shall be given prime consideration in the everyday operation of the business".

This means the PM. Whether or not the employee punched out in hopes of avoiding continuing service means nothing. If he is LOW MAN, he goes back out or gets fired. A LOW MAN will NEVER force out a senior man in the PM. Period.

Now, if there were an emergency, or a situation where a single dad needed to pick up his child from school or some mitigating circumstance that would prevent the person from going back out, then thats something that falls onto the operators and not something we fight out amongst ourselves.

You have to know the contract first Carharrell before you make yourself sound foolish. Just ask moreluck.
Peace.

Earth to the other side??? hello??? anyone home??? post was about working OFF the clock...not being instructed to work and not doing it bc of seniority and low man and all the other nonsense...about doing as instructed, but doing it OFF the clock...stay on topic...your frustration gets in your way of logic

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I got an easy solution for this whole thing. If you're performing duties and are still on the clock and they want you to run missloads, work as instructed. If you're not on the clock why are you even in the building? I know that by the time my daid slams my cubby hole my ass is already in the crosswalk heading to the guard shack. If they got something to ask me to do, they can talk to the back of my head as I'm going through the metal detector. I'm not getting paid to hang out in the hub, why would you be available off the clock to even ask is my question.

M

MenInBrown

CAHARRELL,

Peace.

Im still wondering why you posted this??? just ask tailwigin