IF IM ALREADY A 22.4 CAN THEY PROMOTE A COVER DRIVER TO FULL TIME AND LET HIM PASS ME IN SENIORITY

Johney

Sounds like Jacksonville, Fla. I used to see these young kids barely old enough to drive come into our building running feeder run’s thinking Jesus I had to sling cardboard for 25 years before I got my shot at feeders. These young punks jumped in with barely any seniority. Lucky sumbitches.

AccidentProne

I'm a 22.4 at UPS and just recently they moved up 2 drivers from cover to 22.4, my union rep said that one of the drivers would be passing me in seniority when he moves up. I found it odd because he was supposedly already a 22.4 they even had him getting routes before me. Does anyone kno if this is legal or is my seniority being violated? Thanks in advance for feedback
I DON'T KNOW, ANYONE KNOW? WHY ARE WE YELLING?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Sounds like Jacksonville, Fla. I used to see these young kids barely old enough to drive come into our building running feeder run’s thinking Jesus I had to sling cardboard for 25 years before I got my shot at feeders. These young punks jumped in with barely any seniority. Lucky sumbitches.
You and me both man. On one hand, good for them. On the other, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bitter.

pkgdriver

Yep….plenty of high seniority pkg drivers in the neighboring centers of Jax and Orlando were not allowed to bid on feeders. Always an excuse from our union officials.

nWo

Are you sure that the guy that jumped you wasn't already ft? He may have been 22.3 or something

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I'm a 22.4 at UPS and just recently they moved up 2 drivers from cover to 22.4, my union rep said that one of the drivers would be passing me in seniority when he moves up. I found it odd because he was supposedly already a 22.4 they even had him getting routes before me. Does anyone kno if this is legal or is my seniority being violated? Thanks in advance for feedback

GodlikeRage

Yes.

I was a cover driver, with a rate of $35.56 and they kept skipping me because I knew they wanted to tack on new 22.4’s to work them at $20.50 and never work the hub again. So when I finally went full time I had steward pull the PT seniority dates of 7 people, ALL of whom had lower part time seniority than me by a :censored2: year at least. I filed a grievance, my full time transfer date is now 1 day before the highest 22.4 I have more seniority over on the list. I jumped 7 people instantly.

I started to notice when I kept seeing random new drivers report to work in my center and they were working everyday so I was like wtf. It should be addressed in clear writing about this in next contract. There’s no way a hub worker who has never drove signs a FT bid sheet vs someone else whose already a cover driver/went to driving school should automatically have more seniority when they finally decide they want to drive now.