If one of us got struck by lightning....

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Long time ago I delivered to a live poultry market in Bensonhurst.I don't know if its still there but they used to fresh kill whatever you wanted.The employees would all be covered in blood and the smell in the summer was horrible.(sorry for the disgusting reply)

barnyard

KTM rider
2 years ago, shortly after peak, I hit a pigeon in a driveway. There were a couple of them and I thought they were well out of my way. 1 wasn't. I got a message 4 hours later to call the center. Perfect timing, I had just been bit by a dog, so I had to call that in anyways.

Turned out, the pigeon was a pet and the woman was sobbing on the phone about this pet pigeon. I was told that I would get charged with an avoidable if UPS had to pay for a replacement.

She calmed down an hour later, no replacement needed, no accident. I still hear about it.....

TB

CFLBrown

We had a driver who was attacked by a cat. The cat jumped on to his face and dug his claws in real deep. And, yes, he endured many of the same jokes that are going through your minds right now. I guess it was actually very painful.

Did he get Cat Scratch Fever? Or just a group of people singing it as he walked by?

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
2 years ago, shortly after peak, I hit a pigeon in a driveway. There were a couple of them and I thought they were well out of my way. 1 wasn't. I got a message 4 hours later to call the center. Perfect timing, I had just been bit by a dog, so I had to call that in anyways.

Turned out, the pigeon was a pet and the woman was sobbing on the phone about this pet pigeon. I was told that I would get charged with an avoidable if UPS had to pay for a replacement.

She calmed down an hour later, no replacement needed, no accident. I still hear about it.....

TB
LOl I once ran thru a whole pile of them.There was nothing but feathers every where.I think they are the most nastiest of birds with the seagull in 2nd.Also a pet pigeon,how gross.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was attacked by a wild tom turkey once....there was a flock of them roaming free on the customers property, and he would feed them and shoot one every once in awhile for dinner. This tom flew through the air and was pecking and beating his wings in my face. It scared the hell out of me and I wound up losing my balance and rolling my ankle. No big deal, but the ribbing I got for having to report it was the worst part.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOl I once ran thru a whole pile of them.There was nothing but feathers every where.I think they are the most nastiest of birds with the seagull in 2nd.Also a pet pigeon,how gross.

I think Barnyard's pigeon was a carrier pigeon rather than the common pigeon that we have all grown to despise.

Mike Hawk

It would be an avoidable if you were listening to Metalica-Ride the Lightning, any ACDC song, twice as bad if it was Thunderstruck, or any Tesla song.