If rioters stopped your package car

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Trying to get up and all that entails and what transpired(again don't know) before the 9 minute thing. ME says he was high(basically) and in poor health. Maybe being high had some thing to do with it? Ya think? Restraining, drugs and poor health killed him. ME says this. You seem to be stuck on some 9 minutes. How long does it take? But yet 9 minutes =murder? Given all that other "stuff"? The altercation started before the video...
I’ve never said murder. Manslaughter seemed fitting, though Officer Chauvin is charged with third degree murder, a charge unique to Minnesota and a few other states. From what I’ve gathered, it’s a lesser murder charge that does not include intent to kill.
I’m “stuck” on nine minutes because that’s how long Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck. That period of time seems to include a few minutes where Mr Floyd was unresponsive.

quad decade guy

You dont need to be there to judge the video on a minute to minute basis...whatever happened before the altercation is irrelevant....cuff the guy, take him to jail, move on

Frankly this statement is idiotic. It's like saying whatever happened before the plane crashed is irrelevant. The guy was high according to the ME. All bets are off? Think! And YOU KNOW that the cop threw him on the ground, for no reason and just killed him, on purpose? On purpose now?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Frankly this statement is idiotic. It's like saying whatever happened before the plane crashed is irrelevant. The guy was high according to the ME. All bets are off? Think! And YOU KNOW that the cop threw him on the ground, for no reason and just killed him, on purpose? On purpose now?
All bets are not off. The cop has a responsibility to only use force when necessary....you cannot be a sane person and tell me that it was necessary to knee the guys throat to the curb for 9 minutes. It was unnecessary. Completely, utterly unnecessary

quad decade guy

I’ve never said murder. Manslaughter seemed fitting, though Officer Chauvin is charged with third degree murder, a charge unique to Minnesota and a few other states. From what I’ve gathered, it’s a lesser murder charge that does not include intent to kill.
I’m “stuck” on nine minutes because that’s how long Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck. That period of time seems to include a few minutes where Mr Floyd was unresponsive.

Ok. How can you "murder someone" without intent to kill? Incongruous/doesn't make sense. Otherwise it's not on purpose/accident.

Pepper spray, taser, gun shot to the leg....subdue him and get him in the car. Just don’t get caught on video choking a man to death. It’s not gonna be good. The cop failed big time

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Curious, were you there? What happened all the way through? How did it get to that point? Ever been a cop? Never hear these questions being asked. Now, am I justifying what happened? Absolutely not. Just asking questions. And the suspect, if he says "you are hurting me(lol), do you let him up to get another shot at you? So, murder has a time limit? Wow. So, how did the victim/suspect(whatever) get there. He was just standing there and poof the cops showed up and killed him?
I have many cop friends. They all agree no matter what happened before it wasn’t the right thing to do. You never put your knee there. You don’t pin people on their stomachs while handcuffed for long periods of time.

why? Because this is exactly what happens.

quad decade guy

All bets are not off. The cop has a responsibility to only use force when necessary....you cannot be a sane person and tell me that it was necessary to knee the guys throat to the curb for 9 minutes. It was unnecessary. Completely, utterly unnecessary

Right. Dead guy was high. Sane right? Utterly cooperative? Right?

quad decade guy

It’s hard to resist arrest when you’re on the ground for 9 minutes. By a few minutes in the cop could have easily gone “ok, obviously the suspect is subdued, time to take him to jail”

Again, you guys are stuck on 9 minutes. Is this written somewhere? What if it would've been 7.36 minutes? Are you King Soloman? And you can't be resistant on the ground? How did he get there?

Again, you guys are stuck on 9 minutes. Is this written somewhere? What if it would've been 7.36 minutes? Are you King Soloman? And you can't be resistant on the ground? How did he get there?
Dude. Dude. If you’re gonna use that kind of force, you better get your ass off of the guy within a couple minutes. It doesn’t take very long to subdue a man when he has a knee buried in his neck. Anything longer than a minute or so....is VIOLENTLY unnecessary. Period

quad decade guy

You are genuinely telling me that it was better to choke the guy on the ground for 9 minutes as opposed to giving him one in the leg?

Are you genuinely really asking? And you know the cop was knowingly choking him? ME says he wasn't. He was restrained ,was high and in poor health. Not choked. Your idiotic statement kinda proves you are doing everything to hang the cop except benefit of doubt. Some facts in there. You guys would hang the cop if he would have done any of the things you listed. Shooting him? OMG!

quad decade guy

Dude. Dude. If you’re gonna use that kind of force, you better get your ass off of the guy within a couple minutes. It doesn’t take very long to subdue a man when he has a knee buried in his neck. Anything longer than a minute or so....is VIOLENTLY unnecessary. Period

Lastly, he gets up and runs into traffic, handcuffed and gets killed. Now what? See? In a fluid situation like that, what do you do?