if served suspension question?

tech209

Im not going to lie ......ive been late a handful of time since the june write and also times in between that i called out as well .....my FT would simply just tell me to go in on saturday to make up the day and all is well since im a monday-friday ..... but never between those times have i been written up and such..... i do kinda want to grieve it but also dont want them to Retaliate just because i filed ..... i assumed that since i have not been written up since june that some of my occurrences had fallen off meaning that i should of just a warning letter instead ..... i always try to be a employee above , im the splitter on the pen and always help everyone out weather its to help clean up the slide or start bulking out, im always first one in and last one to leave

PT Crazy

People that finally get a suspension for attendance....in our hub get a working suspension.....call out in six months you are done.

542thruNthru

i was served a one day due to being sick with the flu, i dont have anymore sick days left so i understand...so my question is that if they dont give me a date in which i have to serve my suspension is it still valid and how many days do i have from the day they wrote me up in whic is it not valid?

im from the south western contract division

Do you mean the western region and southwest sort rider?

Thanks for the input ....when i was written up the PT said they were going to schedule it in January And i was written up on dec 13 ......when my FT heard what happen all he said was dont worry ill take care of you.....

I don't know other areas but if you are in the Southwest sort rider then the suspension should be served the 10 day after the write up.

Even if i got the certified letter in the mail today?

What did the letter say. If it said you're to be suspended there should be a date on the letter. Also did you have a shop steward present when you were written up? What did he/she tell you? If you did not have one present. You need to contact your local and speak to your BA (business agent)

Im not going to lie ......ive been late a handful of time since the june write and also times in between that i called out as well .....my FT would simply just tell me to go in on saturday to make up the day and all is well since im a monday-friday ..... but never between those times have i been written up and such..... i do kinda want to grieve it but also dont want them to Retaliate just because i filed ..... i assumed that since i have not been written up since june that some of my occurrences had fallen off meaning that i should of just a warning letter instead ..... i always try to be a employee above , im the splitter on the pen and always help everyone out weather its to help clean up the slide or start bulking out, im always first one in and last one to leave

First stop showing up late and stop missing work. You're only hanging yourself. They can let it slide but they own you and will use it against you when they feel like it.

Many may have fallen off and anytime they write you up for attendance issues, request they show you on paper what days/dates in the 9 month period you missed. Never ever take their word for it.

542thruNthru

He said he is out of sick days, I think that says just about all we need to know.

Well not exactly. He could have been sick for 4 or 5 days and that still only counts as one occurrence. I'm sure that's not the case but it has also been 12 months and he could have used 1 every month (7) and that still wouldn't mean a suspension.

tech209

The letter says “ this letter will serve as your official one day suspension “ no date are on it telling me when i will be serving the suspension.

I was out dec 11 and 12

The shop steward was present and to be quite frankly pretty useless since there was a better steward who just retired ,

On june 7 the last time i got written up they gave me a one day suspension due to the fact that was a day after i earn my entitlements in which i used a sick day thinking that those days wont count as occurrences which i know now that they do.

The shop steward told them to drop the 3 days into a one day because since june 7th they didnt have any paper trail to back it up

Ive been getting mixed answers in which some people say that i have to serve my suspension within 10 days from getting written up and others say that its 30 days

They said they will schedule me in January after peak season

I know with the lates and all i have no one to blame but myself for that and believe me it will be corrected......as always i bit off more than i can chew with the 8 hours splitting and right after doing independent driver helper with the golf cart

tech209

Also again im very grateful for all you guys input weather its negative or positive to take the time with they holiday season and all right now

542thruNthru

The letter says “ this letter will serve as your official one day suspension “ no date are on it telling me when i will be serving the suspension.

I was out dec 11 and 12

The shop steward was present and to be quite frankly pretty useless since there was a better steward who just retired ,

On june 7 the last time i got written up they gave me a one day suspension due to the fact that was a day after i earn my entitlements in which i used a sick day thinking that those days wont count as occurrences which i know now that they do.

The shop steward told them to drop the 3 days into a one day because since june 7th they didnt have any paper trail to back it up

Ive been getting mixed answers in which some people say that i have to serve my suspension within 10 days from getting written up and others say that its 30 days

They said they will schedule me in January after peak season

I know with the lates and all i have no one to blame but myself for that and believe me it will be corrected......as always i bit off more than i can chew with the 8 hours splitting and right after doing independent driver helper with the golf cart

It doesn't sound like your shop steward was useless if he dropped it to a 1 day. Shop stewards can't work miracles when it's obvious you have attendance issues.

Your story is all over the place and you need to call your BA. Though it also sounds like you also need to suck it up and come to work.

tech209

Kinda figured ill hear that.....

Ill just play it by ear and wait for them to schedule me the day , until then you can bet ill be there on time and everyday

542thruNthru

Ill just play it by ear and wait for them to schedule me the day , until then you can bet ill be there on time and everyday

Honestly if they tried to schedule me in Jan I'd simply say "well it's passed the contractually agreed time so I guess I'll have to file a grievance." That will more then likely make it disappear.

Though I doubt they will remember you need to serve a suspension.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

Grieve the suspension. Get it reduced to a warning letter.
Then when your buddy gets that good weed with grandmas xmas money you can call out again.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well not exactly. He could have been sick for 4 or 5 days and that still only counts as one occurrence. I'm sure that's not the case but it has also been 12 months and he could have used 1 every month (7) and that still wouldn't mean a suspension.

I've been at least partly joking around, hope no one took me too seriously. OP should be fine if he can keep his nose clean for 9 months. Though the quote he gave from his letter makes it sound like the letter is his suspension. As though he will have a suspension on his record without actually serving a suspension. I've never heard of that before, not sure I would fight it, assuming the suspension was legit to begin with.