if served suspension question?

542thruNthru

I've been at least partly joking around, hope no one took me too seriously. OP should be fine if he can keep his nose clean for 9 months. Though the quote he gave from his letter makes it sound like the letter is his suspension. As though he will have a suspension on his record without actually serving a suspension. I've never heard of that before, not sure I would fight it, assuming the suspension was legit to begin with.

I wouldn't fight it either but I would talk to my BA. I wouldn't want the company to think they can just pick a day when is convenient for them to suspend me. Alerting his BA would educate him on his rights if the company tried it.

tech209

And i will be contacting my local ba in regards to your guy’s advice

No one to blame than me for getting into this predicament in the first place

Only want to make sure that rights as a union member not taken advantage of

SmithBarney

i was served a one day due to being sick with the flu, i dont have anymore sick days left so i understand...so my question is that if they dont give me a date in which i have to serve my suspension is it still valid and how many days do i have from the day they wrote me up in whic is it not valid?

im from the south western contract division

Call in the morning 12/24 and let them know you are taking your suspension day....

SmithBarney

But seriously even if you are out of paid sick days, additional sick days should fall under FMLA. I can't remember UPS policy on whether they take vacation days for FMLA or not.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
But seriously even if you are out of paid sick days, additional sick days should fall under FMLA. I can't remember UPS policy on whether they take vacation days for FMLA or not.

Fmla is generally for longer term and/or more serious medical conditions. People who suffer migraines, for instance, can claim intermittent fmla days due to the nature of their condition. Or people who require emergency medical care may be able to file for it retroactively. I do believe they will pay out your sick bank and vacation time for approved fmla leave. Any leave beyond those would be unpaid.

SmithBarney

Fmla is generally for longer term and/or more serious medical conditions. People who suffer migraines, for instance, can claim intermittent fmla days due to the nature of their condition. Or people who require emergency medical care may be able to file for it retroactively. I do believe they will pay out your sick bank and vacation time for approved fmla leave. Any leave beyond those would be unpaid.
Yes generally FMLA is long term, but if you are out of "Sick" days FMLA can be used.
FDX policy is use up all vacation sans one week, then FMLA(or short or long term disability) I forget UPS policy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes generally FMLA is long term, but if you are out of "Sick" days FMLA can be used.
FDX policy is use up all vacation sans one week, then FMLA(or short or long term disability) I forget UPS policy.

Nope. It is not meant as a replacement for, or to be used in lieu of sick time. FMLA allows you to use up any sick pay and vacation time, if you wish, and I know UPS will pay those out, but I'm not sure of the limits they have on that.

Screenshot_2018-12-24-20-10-54.png

Here's the link to the whole pdf:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3UPMg_hMCCJAy5KemgAOEt