If you are a Sprint cutomer please read

Toonertoo,
Your welcome
Sounds like email might be the way to go.

negrosangre,

I refused to renew my contract when it ran out. Bought new to us phones from ebay. I thought their customer service was even worse when you have a contract. However, now I am not so sure.

Kelly

kpasa1

Hi. This is the first time I have ever posted... I had such a bad experience with Sprint that I decided to post....

A little background first...I have worked for UPS for 12 years (4 in Illinois, and 8 here in Texas). I am a preloader/air driver/clerk)

In December I switched from Sprint to Tmobile because of Sprint's customer service. I had been with them for 10 years and had 8 phones on my account. I would've thought that it would have made a difference, but it didn't. Anyways, my brother works for Tmobile and so I switched.

Here is some advice that I never knew about...If any cell phone carrier changes ANY non-governmental fee --you have 30 days to get out of your contract without paying an early termination fee. That's the law. Of course they notify you in small print of the changes. My brother told me that they had changed a fee from 74 to 99 cents so I switched. I used the chat feature on Sprint's website to cancel and made sure that I had a copy of the chat in writing (saying that I was canceling due to the increase) just in case... Sprint DID charge me the early termination fees, but after about 6 or 7 more 'chats' and calls I had the amount credited to my account.

My brother gets notice if a cell phone company changes their fee so he is going to let me know if Sprint changes their fees again, cuz there are more people at work who would like to switch. I get more services for less money at tmobile....

trickpony1

I checked my sprint bill and, sure enough, it showed only a 12% discount.
I called *2 and talked to a girl who acknowledged the mistake and asked me if I worked for UPS.
I asked her how the 25% discount could just magically change to 12% and, of course, she didn't know (she just answers the phone).
I commented that alot of people know about this and aren't real happy. I didn't bother to tell her that it had been splattered all over the internet.

You don't suppose this mistake is alot like our paychecks, you know, "human errors" are made and the company knows only a certain per cent of subscribers will catch the mistake?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I checked my sprint bill and, sure enough, it showed only a 12% discount.
I called *2 and talked to a girl who acknowledged the mistake and asked me if I worked for UPS.
I asked her how the 25% discount could just magically change to 12% and, of course, she didn't know (she just answers the phone).
I commented that alot of people know about this and aren't real happy. I didn't bother to tell her that it had been splattered all over the internet.

You don't suppose this mistake is alot like our paychecks, you know, "human errors" are made and the company knows only a certain per cent of subscribers will catch the mistake?

Hmmm, you don't suppose, do ya?:sad-little:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There were several errors on my bill, and I owe it to the original thread starter or I wouldnt have looked.
Of course there was my horoscope thing that I was paying 9>95 a month for plus all the texts I get and never read as I didnt know what they were, and I didnt sign up for it. And I went over limit when my husband was in the hospital to the tune of 89.00. Most times we never even come close, do they give you a break, like rollover your minutes? Of course not. Oh well thanks to Wifeofmaninbrown, I got my discount back. Seems funny no one knows why. I think they are just trying to get a windfall, as many people would not even notice.:whiteflag:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I am going to Verizon next week. I have been with Cingular/BellSouth/AT&T ever since I got a cellphone. Verizon gives a bigger discount at 22% off the plan and 25% off the phones and accessories. BellSouth has gone downhill with their service ever since AT&T took over. We have two different family plans, I am going to have to pay $50 to get out of it. Eventually I will get the other four members of my family on Verizon as soon as their contracts run out.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Just caught the screen name, nice, and Welcome to the BC.

There were several errors on my bill, and I owe it to the original thread starter or I wouldnt have looked.
Of course there was my horoscope thing that I was paying 9>95 a month for plus all the texts I get and never read as I didnt know what they were, and I didnt sign up for it. And I went over limit when my husband was in the hospital to the tune of 89.00. Most times we never even come close, do they give you a break, like rollover your minutes? Of course not. Oh well thanks to Wifeofmaninbrown, I got my discount back. Seems funny no one knows why. I think they are just trying to get a windfall, as many people would not even notice.:whiteflag:

Tooner, if I were you guys, I'd check the last few months of bills to make sure they are correct. Glad I don't own a cell phone, sort of.

OK Steve, do you work with packagedude?

Yeah, we both work out of Stuart, Florida. You're quite observant.

I am going to Verizon next week. I have been with Cingular/BellSouth/AT&T ever since I got a cellphone. Verizon gives a bigger discount at 22% off the plan and 25% off the phones and accessories. BellSouth has gone downhill with their service ever since AT&T took over. We have two different family plans, I am going to have to pay $50 to get out of it. Eventually I will get the other four members of my family on Verizon as soon as their contracts run out.

My wife has AT&T. Our bill is about $66.00 a month. No texting or any of the other stuff, just plain old phone. Our service is fine, never really have any fall offs or glitches.

ImpactedTSG

Just caught the screen name, nice, and Welcome to the BC.

Tooner, if I were you guys, I'd check the last few months of bills to make sure they are correct. Glad I don't own a cell phone, sort of.

Yeah, we both work out of Stuart, Florida. You're quite observant.

My wife has AT&T. Our bill is about $66.00 a month. No texting or any of the other stuff, just plain old phone. Our service is fine, never really have any fall offs or glitches.
AT&T is pretty good service wise. Most of my friends have Verizon so I go with that one so I get unlimited IN calling. Sprint coverage is ok on major highways, but inside large buildings like schools, coverage sucks.

chopstic

It doesn't matter who you get phone service through. EVERYONE ends up complaining about their service at some point in time. Seems as though i went the opposite way as many of you did though. I dropped verizon and went to sprint. The trick is to wait for one of those promotional plans to become available and then jump on it.

toeknee2gx

posted on UPSERS.com

/10/09 Sprint is aware of the currenct discount issue which is showing up on your invoice. We are working to change the 12% discount as detailed on your bill to the UPS employee discount of 25%.

I still called them anyway and they credited my account and fixed the rate..took about 15mins
Thanks to the OP for the heads up...

trickpony1

One still should wonder how the discount just magically got reduced. I know enough about computers to know the system just didn't up and decide to change it. Maybe someone in corporate Sprint got happy fingers and thought no one would notice it? A poster on this thread said that any time a "non-governmental" fee is changed the customer has 30 days to bail out. Should we all bail out? Would that get their attention?
Thanks to the OP for letting us know. Do we all need to go over our statements with a fine toothed comb from now on to make sure no more "mistakes" are made? (like we don't have anything else to do).

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Thats funny, I checked my bill and it shows a 20% discount witch for me only saves $12 per month per phone. I have had this happen before where they forgot to take out a discount at all, when I called them I got a hard time so here is what you do;
#1 Ask to speek to a supervisor
#2 Tell the supervisor that you don't like the b.s the representative gave you about the issue
#3 tell him/her you will cancel your plan and go to Verizon if money isn't discounted off my bill Emediatly, as well as a one time discount for the horible customer service you experienced and the long wait.
#4 thank them sarcastically!!
This tecneque has worked for me on a number of ocassions, Hope it can help anyone else!!

trickpony1

Mechanic-
you were getting a discount (20-25%) on each phone?
The way I understood it was it is 25% discount on the total bill.
I could be wrong though.

One still should wonder how the discount just magically got reduced. I know enough about computers to know the system just didn't up and decide to change it. Maybe someone in corporate Sprint got happy fingers and thought no one would notice it? A poster on this thread said that any time a "non-governmental" fee is changed the customer has 30 days to bail out. Should we all bail out? Would that get their attention?
Thanks to the OP for letting us know. Do we all need to go over our statements with a fine toothed comb from now on to make sure no more "mistakes" are made? (like we don't have anything else to do).
If they "forget" to put the discount in for say......1000 customers, how many will not notice? How many that do notice won't get around to calling about it? If even 1/3 of the do nothing to get what they are supposed to get, look how much extra Sprint just made.

sweetpea

i called last night and only held for about 2 minutes, was told they were aware of the problem, go ahead and pay the bill and they would adjust the following month, in the last 7 years this is only the second time I have had a problem and they were true to their word, I am in New Jersey and love Sprint, have taken the phone from NJ to California and beyond and have had not problems, to each their own.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Hey, Trickpony1
I have 2 phones on my plan, one for me and the other for my wife.
The way it works is I pick a phone plan for me and my wife picks the one she wants and at every billing cycle they discount 20% on my plan and hers!

Dang....y'all had me worried. I just checked and my bill shows

Employee Discount Sprint 25%-$32.50

I will keep checking though to confirm I am not changed. Thanks for the heads up, I just went to Sprint about 3 months ago. Got 2 lines, both with Blackberry's. So far so good. Though I have not had to call customer service. Left Tmobile after 5 years, customer service was pretty good though, even with new phones, I was always dropping calls.