If You Had To Do It All Over Again....

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
What would you do different? Regarding your employ with UPS, obviously.

I have not been there long enough, but I DO have one; I wish I started 20 years earlier, instead of starting at 43.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If I knew then what I know now, No I would have left.
I would have used my degree while it was fresh.
I would be doing something I love, instead os something that after a certain amount of time is not as fulfilling as it once was. Especially since the company has changed so much. Sometimes change is bad.

The things I would not change is the comraderie I have experienced among the ranks, and the respect I have from and for all my co workers and friends. The people I have met at UPS are the highest caliber people.

I would still recommend any try the job who gets a chance. Just dont get stuck and stay if you dont truly enjoy it, the money does make it hard to leave, especially if you didnt start early. like in your early 20s.

FAVREFAN

I would have pounded my 401(k) more in the '90's when money was actually being made on the market. Yeah, yeah, yeah, dollar cost averaging, I know, tired of it, time to see some returns for once. If you turned on CNBC in 2001 and turned it on today, the DOW would read the same.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would have not worked 27 extra days after I got my 30 in just to make sure I was fully vested. What a waste of 27 days:wink2:

I wouldn't have became a pt sup. A waist of over 5 years and I could have retired 3 years earlier. All those empty promises!!!

brownrodster

I would have started much earlier. I have family members who worked for UPS and it was suggested that I apply when I turned 18. However, I waited until after I was finished with another career and finished with university. Even when I was going to university a good friend was a preloader and he encouraged me to work at UPS PT.

However, If I had started that young I probably would have quit before I made driver. So maybe it's better that I waited longer to start. I'm a happy driver.

S

speeddemon

I would have been a dentist. The money is good, but it aint that good. My back is toast also. Brown on me once, OK, brown on me twice, noway!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I started in 1973 at 18 years of age. UPS has been good to me.

Only thing I would do different is tell them I was 21 when I started...then I could have retired 2 years ago! :wink2:

But seriously, I think everybody always has that nagging thought in the back of their mind...What if?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I made a bad choice twenty-five years ago, I could have gotten a full time job with the local public works which would mean that I could be retire now instead I stuck with ups.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I wish I hadnt run like an idiot in my younger days.My sup didnt appreciate it and now my knees are shot.I'll be lucky to limp to retirement.