If you were President how would you

Babagounj

Strength through joy
After today's press conference about what happened at Fort Hood; I would not be making jokes and clowning around. Now that showed his true lack of any skills.

D

Dis-organized Labor

After today's press conference about what happened at Fort Hood; I would not be making jokes and clowning around. Now that showed his true lack of any skills.

BABA,
The tragedy at Fort Hood will not be affected by Brown Cafe.
There are other threads that question the oversight of Medical versus Other Disciples in the Military.
I am a Right-winger, with Left opinions (at times).

I don't think the Avatar & Name that you have would warrant an investigation of you and your background, but I'd recommend that you change it to "fit in with everyone".

I'm sure this will start some controversy, but these are my initial thoughts.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
please see the whole video clip from Thurs. press conference.
barry was there to make a statement about what happened at Fort Hood and he starts off by clowning around, not until 2 minutes goes by does he get to the point.

Thanks for the input about my picture, at least no one else has complained unlike my last one.

tieguy

Banned
Sofar, I haven't heard anything wise on here. Silly things actually, like tariffs on imports.
Do, that, and you'll get to pay 20-50% more for clothing, groceries, construction, gasoline, autos, and more.

I haven't heard anything about the 3 major costs, (that make up to 70% of your tax dollars), on how to bring them down :
Healthcare, Military, and Interesst payments on National debt.
(one suggested tax cuts - go the opposite way)...

Any President should look at those major costs first, on ways to bring them down.
And, by all means, Obama has been looking at Healthcare and Military.
If, times would have been better, the National debt repayment would have
been a big issue, too.
But, it's comming in the near future (higher taxes).

Thats because your point has nothing to do with turning around the economy.

three main factors to turning around the economy
freeing up the money supply
turning around the real estate industry
lowering unemployment.

currently the money supply is greatly diminished. In its heyday our economy was flowing approximately 2 trillon dollars , last estimates I saw has it down to 150 billion. Less bucks out there to invest in expansion.

the real estate market shows signs of a recovery but then they should they have been in a recession the longest.

unemployment now at 10.2 percent. Some experts put the real unemployment rate at 19 percent factoring those who are no longer counted. This rate may be topping. companies as a whole are setting new productivity records that probably can not go much higher. temporary workforce numbers are rising which is a sign that companies may start hiring soon.

Meanwhile much of the obama stimulus money still has not been spent.

tieguy

Banned
Listen, BUSH cut taxes on the richest americans in the country while RAISING taxes on the middle and lower classes. For 8 years while the richest people in this country benefitted from tax cuts, the rest of us paid HIGHER costs for everything in our lives.

:peaceful:

its a good story with a lot of fantasy. I'm no where near the catogory of the richest americans. Yet Me and my family benifited from the bush tax cuts.

I'm also someone who invests with the hope of having a decent retirement some day. The bush tax cuts help my investment plan by lowering the tax bite on the gains.

can you please kill the BS and start talking real world for a change?

By the way the bush tax cuts are now the Obama tax cuts since they are still in affect.

tieguy

Banned
SANO,

It sounds like you dont really know anything about reagan other than the useless rhetoric used by right wing tv?

If you do a little research, youll find that Reagan RAISED taxes on the middle class higher than any president in history..

7 new taxes on the middle class during his 8 years.

Yet, guys like you tout his leadership.

Time to learn something about this man before you ask for more of the same.

Reagan was a myth, not a legend. He led one of the most corrupt administrations since NIXON and came close to being impeached.

If he hadnt been shot, he would have been impeached.

Do your research.

:peaceful:

Reagan was the greatest president ever. You can't rewrite history.

tieguy

Banned
Get rid of Hillary.
Sorry, just can't stand her.
She is losing it. Making more harm then good.

Kinda , like Tieguys new, (and old), attitude.

I've never been a Hillary fan but I respect the fact she has gonads.

Honest feedback is a gift Kleinflu. Thanks to me you now know where you stand here.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Dismantle the empire.

Control and reduce immigration.

Enact fair trade legislation.

Withdraw from NATO, NAFTA and a host of other acronyms.

Reduce the size of the federal government by eliminating whole departments. Education, Energy and Homeland Security being examples.

Lower taxes across the board.

Eliminate the Federal Reserve.

Bring back the gold standard.

And, to quote Cove: "send 100 national guard troops from Rhode Island to invade Canada!" :happy-very:.

wkmac

And, to quote Cove: "send 100 national guard troops from Rhode Island to invade Canada!" :happy-very:.

As to your other comments, :wink2: and I'll leave it at that.

However, as to invading Canada, hope your funny bone is ready!

I ROTFLMAO when I saw this thanks to LRC..

[video=youtube;lBIFWueHNJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBIFWueHNJY[/video]

diesel96

Reagan was the greatest president ever. You can't rewrite history.

Yes, we know....in Tieguy's authored American History Text Book...
it's a good thing you work for UPS, and not as a local school board administrator.

For one full year not one penney would be witheld from our paychecks (that amount of money would be in the area of one trillion dollars ) The people would be told to expand and hire in their business's, go out and spend money on homes,cars,malls movies restaurants etc etc. At the end of the fiscal year you must prove by that the money you would have paid in taxes --was in fact spent on the economy. This would immediately jump start the economy and avoid all the political pork projects and corruption and government waste. Jobs would be created and tax revenues would increase !!!!:wink2:

Is it me, or in a round-a-bout way, your sounding like an advocate for Bottom-Up Economic Prosperity to replace the failed 30 yr experimental Trickle-Down Economics. :congrats:

tieguy

Banned
I think you just attempted to. Reagan's policies are the source of today's woes.

No way. I lived the utter destruction wrought on our economy by carter.
I benifited from Reagan fixing that mess.

Reagans leadership skills as president were second to none.

You watching the news. We're celebrating an important anniversery of the berlin wall coming down.

I have a perspective most americans don't I spent some of my youth in germany. My father was as a soldier in germany who would tell me that they figured they would have six minutes to live if the soviets came acrosss that border. That my friend is a sobering perspective on what the cold war was like.

Reagan gets credit for the soviet collapse and gets credit for eliminating the threat of mutually assured nuclear destruction. You just can't say enough about just how important eliminating that threat was to the world.
You have guys staring at each other across an ocean with the power to completely destroy the world. One guy flinching or panicking or one mistake away from complete destruction. A time when raising the threat level like homeland security does now meant you were one step closer to firing off those missles and ending the world.

I didn't rewrite history my friend I lived it.

eJuste

In spite of successes regarding the former Soviet Union, one must also remember his support of brutal, corrupt dictatorships in Latin America, and his creation of Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan. That didn't bode well for the future of America.

The dismantling of our former democracy began with Reagan, as well.

Never mind that his economic policies put us in the financial ruin that we are now faced with.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
This is a beer commercial but listen to it.
It really makes Common Sense.
[video=youtube;BM0Jjw421rA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM0Jjw421rA[/video]

So would we have been better off as a country if Reagan would have lost and Jimmy could have had two termS?

klein

Für Meno :)
No way. I lived the utter destruction wrought on our economy by carter.
I benifited from Reagan fixing that mess.

Reagans leadership skills as president were second to none.

You watching the news. We're celebrating an important anniversery of the berlin wall coming down.

I have a perspective most americans don't I spent some of my youth in germany. My father was as a soldier in germany who would tell me that they figured they would have six minutes to live if the soviets came acrosss that border. That my friend is a sobering perspective on what the cold war was like.

Reagan gets credit for the soviet collapse and gets credit for eliminating the threat of mutually assured nuclear destruction. You just can't say enough about just how important eliminating that threat was to the world.
You have guys staring at each other across an ocean with the power to completely destroy the world. One guy flinching or panicking or one mistake away from complete destruction. A time when raising the threat level like homeland security does now meant you were one step closer to firing off those missles and ending the world.

I didn't rewrite history my friend I lived it.

To be honest with you, and I wrote this on a thread several months ago.
All credit towards the Wall comming down is Lech Walesa's.
He formed the Solidarity Party in Poland.
And from there the whole movement began.
And actaully, tomorrow, Monday, Lech Walesa will be that very same man that gets to push the first Domino in Berlin tomorrow.
As the city and Germany celebrate 20 years of the Wall tumbeling down.

It was just a matter of time for the eastern block to be dismanteld.
Countries, such as Poland, Hungary, CSSR, all joined Walesa's movement.
Actually, before the wall came down, Easy Germans could take thier vacation in those countries, but ofcourse couldn't cross the western boarder into Western Countries, such as Austria.
But, as the movement went on. Those same eastern Countries, would no longer hold them back, if they wanted to cross over to the west.

Also, at that time, USSR, had a very, very lienient President, called Mikail Gorbatschov.

Reagan only played a very small role, if any. In all these circumstances that lead to Europes freedom that they have today.

I happened to have lived in Germany until my 27th year of my life.
And, I have been back to visit several times , since.

If a German is on BC, he will verify what I just wrote.

Btw: Poland was the first country to break away from the Sovjet Block, accordingly.

Last edited: