If your helper took pictures and video of you what would you do?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There is a lot of bragging on this forum lately. One guy claims to have $4-4.5M in assets yet continues to hump cardboard. Another claims to have fired multiple helpers even though one hourly cannot fire another.

You may have caused their firing but you did not actually fire them.
""Humping cardboard" is a registered trademark of Romper Room!!

Johney

Hey, whatever helps you stroke off to the 340 Methods. I fire them, and they don't come back. That's all the authority I need. I made the decision, and it was done. You can talk about the center manager having the final word all day long Gus, but in my world I've never had a helper come back after I fired them, so it was me, I, numero uno, that indeed caused their firing.

So rest assured, I did indeed fire many helpers.
How in the hell did you know they didn't work with someone else? Just because YOU didn't want them and said FIRE EM doesn't mean that happened. Period.

Marne Vet

There is a lot of bragging on this forum lately. One guy claims to have $4-4.5M in assets yet continues to hump cardboard. Another claims to have fired multiple helpers even though one hourly cannot fire another.

You may have caused their firing but you did not actually fire them.

Who's bragging? You're in denial that's all. If I make the call on the package car, then it's upheld. You are the most anal person on this site. You cannot accept the reality that a driver can make the decision to fire a helper. You want to point out the technicality of the decision that ultimately it's management that does this, and I won't argue that. I fire the helper, and they stay fired, so who made the decision? Was it me, or did my center manager randomly decide to fire Helper X? Pull your head out of your :censored2:. As a driver we make a lot of decisions. Firing a helper is one of them. Looks as if I touched a nerve since you thought I was "bragging". Tissues?

over9five

Staff member
I don't understand how someone can fire someone who is not employed by them.
Well, YES I do understand.... YOU CAN'T!!!!

Sent from Mordor using BrownCafe app

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who's bragging? You're in denial that's all. If I make the call on the package car, then it's upheld. You are the most anal person on this site. You cannot accept the reality that a driver can make the decision to fire a helper. You want to point out the technicality of the decision that ultimately it's management that does this, and I won't argue that. I fire the helper, and they stay fired, so who made the decision? Was it me, or did my center manager randomly decide to fire Helper X? Pull your head out of your :censored2:. As a driver we make a lot of decisions. Firing a helper is one of them. Looks as if I touched a nerve since you thought I was "bragging". Tissues?

Dude, you didn't fire anyone. You recommended that the helper be let go but you didn't pull the trigger yourself. As I stated above, I was able to get 3 helpers hired on permanently but I didn't do the actual hiring.

Marne Vet

How in the hell did you know they didn't work with someone else? Just because YOU didn't want them and said FIRE EM doesn't mean that happened. Period.

You assume a lot before you even pose the question directly. I have followed up with my center manager on each case where a helper was fired. They didn't come back. Should I TYPE with RANDOM caps TO prove MY point BETTER? It did happen. Period. I mean PERIOD. smh

""Humping cardboard" is a registered trademark of Romper Room!!

images

Who doesn't like getting a little cardboard humping?

Marne Vet

Dude, you didn't fire anyone. You recommended that the helper be let go but you didn't pull the trigger yourself. As I stated above, I was able to get 3 helpers hired on permanently but I didn't do the actual hiring.

You mad? I made the decision. Whoever above me that upheld it is pointless. I fired them. They stayed fired. You girls on the rag or something? So bitchy tonight.

laffter

Nope. They're terminated. What happens when they're off the clock is of no concern to UPS. It's no different than if the helper left at the end of the day. The time they leave is irrelevant. Whether or not they were on the clock is what matters. When I fire a helper, or send them home, I'm on the phone to my center manager seconds after doing so. That way they know the exact time that turd helper is done, why, and that anything happening to them past the that time is no longer our concern.

So, what a helper should do in such a situation is refuse to leave the truck until they are taken back to their vehicle? I imagine that physically forcing a helper out of the vehicle would violate both law and company policy.

Johney

Whatever dude I'm done. Think what you want. If you believe you fired them so be it. If it makes you feel better. I'll believe you.........not.

So, what a helper should do in such a situation is refuse to leave the truck until they are taken back to their vehicle? I imagine that physically forcing a helper out of the vehicle would violate both law and company policy.

In a possible extreme situation I could see stopping the vehicle and waiting for a cab to come get them. Complete abandonment would be trouble .

Marne Vet

That's good advice for people that have never thought to use such a tactic. If I ever come across something like this I'll let you know how it went.