If your helper took pictures and video of you what would you do?

JakeD

Q
Or report him, get him fired and, oh I don't know....sue UPS?

or get a job being helper coordinator then as a driver the next year. That's what happened to a helper girl that got hit by a car
I can't get over this crap. I only took maybe 4 calls in two months during the presence of my drivers, and they were important calls. Even then I asked if it were ok and I apologized afterwards. I get irritable when i'm out with friends and they're texting while we are having a conversation.

agree.. last year we were told to put our phone in our bag in the cargo area. I think i sent one text from the cab this year on the way to lunch. our route definitely didn't have time for text or calls.

pretender

407, I do look pretty good in those hot hot hot man pants with the crotch down to my knees! Hot damn, who can resist a ginger in browns? Maybe when I retire a million from my helper position, I'll post my pic!

I thought you already posted your picture...

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I text while I'm working...too loud on the line to take phone calls though...lol

I think that only slackers be on their phone while at work. I understand if its during break or an emergency, but otherwise, you should be given a warning letter. When at work, I put my phone into the locker room and keep it charging and take it back out after I have punched out. Treat the company/management how you would like to be treated. UPS is a great company to work for if you have some decency, and you will be treated great by ATLEAST one of managements if you are that kind of person.

gingerkat

I usually don't text or talk to anyone while working, but it's because of my dads thoughts on work. He taught me that when you work, it's just that work. Playtime is later.

I suppose that is why working from home is not good for me. This year I'm going to look for something else part time. I'm an extrovert and begin around people makes me happy - most of the time. I really love doing the helper thing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think that only slackers be on their phone while at work. I understand if its during break or an emergency, but otherwise, you should be given a warning letter. When at work, I put my phone into the locker room and keep it charging and take it back out after I have punched out. Treat the company/management how you would like to be treated. UPS is a great company to work for if you have some decency, and you will be treated great by ATLEAST one of managements if you are that kind of person.
As long as my job gets done, my center manager doesn't care what I do. I also think that your opinion of me and/or my work ethic means absolutely nothing....but if you'd really like to discuss it...find me at the next union hall meeting.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As long as my job gets done, my center manager doesn't care what I do. I also think that your opinion of me and/or my work ethic means absolutely nothing....but if you'd really like to discuss it...find me at the next union hall meeting.

Okay, I hear you. But when I'm busting my butt unloading, hammering out package cars after package cars, and I see some slacker in the back of a package car texting or talking on the phone, I feel disgusted to know that this punk would get defended with my dues money that I contributed. My dad always tell me to do anything that I'm doing well, no matter how much or little I'm being compensated to do it. I guess I was raised differently than some people were.

Marne Vet

Okay, I hear you. But when I'm busting my butt unloading, hammering out package cars after package cars, and I see some slacker in the back of a package car texting or talking on the phone, I feel disgusted to know that this punk would get defended with my dues money that I contributed. My dad always tell me to do anything that I'm doing well, no matter how much or little I'm being compensated to do it. I guess I was raised differently than some people were.

It's too bad your dad didn't teach you how to be respectful towards others, and not a random insulting D online. I guess he fell a little short of a sock.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's too bad your dad didn't teach you how to be respectful towards others, and not a random insulting D online. I guess he fell a little short of a sock.

I tell it how it is. I never tried to insult anyone in any of my posts, god is my witness. I give credit where credit is due, read some of my other posts. But if I think that you're wrong, I will definitely tell you by putting it in the nicest way that I can, if you take it personal, then......oh well.