If ?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Will have 30 next November. Next bid I'm thinking of taking an air route. 3 am to 12 pm. For my last 5 yrs. Only thing it pays almost 30 an hr. Got a yr and a half to decide. Not expecting anything from the contract. Except more concessions. As with every other Hoffa contract.

4evapreloader

As a 30 year part timer, I'm going to wait and see. It would take a massive pay cut to get me to retire, but that has never happened to people already in the system. Even if what I would consider the worst case scenario to be -- a pay freeze, $31 per hour + 7 weeks paid vacation isn't all that bad.

As someone else mentioned, pension cuts can occur even after you retire.

As a 30 year part timer, I'm going to wait and see. It would take a massive pay cut to get me to retire, but that has never happened to people already in the system. Even if what I would consider the worst case scenario to be -- a pay freeze, $31 per hour + 7 weeks paid vacation isn't all that bad.

As someone else mentioned, pension cuts can occur even after you retire.
Working 20 hours a week and making $35k.yr and 7 weeks vacation is really hard to give up.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you got in 30 years next year as a driver before this contract is over would you retire before July 31 of 2018 or wait to see what the next contract offers if there is one or not?
I would stick it out if I could til the next contract.