"Ignore" lists

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A certain poster brags in his signature line about the forum members who are on his "ignore" list.

To me, thats pretty much the same thing as plugging your ears and saying "na na na, I'm not listening to you."

If a person feels the need to "brag" about his ignore list, it means he really does care about the opinions of those he is ignoring. He feels the need to frustrate them by controlling the flow of communication and making sure that it is only one-way.

A person who truly does not care about the opinions of another...or has no desire to engage in debate with them....will simply scroll past their posts without aknowledging or responding to them in any way.

The way I see it, the only legitimate reason for putting someone on an "ignore" list would be if that persons conduct crosses the line into spam, harassment or hate speech...which is what I thought the moderators were for in the first place.

By bragging about an ignore list...one is stooping the level of those he is supposedly ignoring.

Just my humble opinion.

tieguy

Banned
I'm not sure what the ignore list subject is about since I can't see the subject posters comments but I personally am finding it a useful tool.

this site is overrun by company hating teamsters that tend to be out of touch with how the rest of our ups workforce much less the normal world thinks. I'm really not interested in their perspective anymore then I would be interested in knowing how a serial killer thinks.

In my personal viewpoint I had a situation recently where a poster here tried to fabricate lies about statements I made. when I remained calm in response he then attacked my wife. I then expressed my objections to his comment only to watch many depraved posters missing their integrity try to defend that persons outrageous comments.

the sad thing is these outrageous transgressons against me and my wife were then supported by this sites management and the site was quickly closed to keep me from truly expressing my rightous indignation.

so now knowing I am a tenous visitor on what amounts to a site run and controlled by negative teamsters I've decided to put those on ignore that have no value here. Members of the liars club have been so banished.

a poster who constantly cries like a little girl here has been so banished.

a drunken canadian poster fired for drinking on the job who constantly attacks this country and this company has been banished.

More will be added to the list.

I would rather converse with the posters here who have the character and integrity representative of the many fine upsers I have worked with over the years.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not sure what the ignore list subject is about since I can't see the subject posters comments but I personally am finding it a useful tool.

this site is overrun by company hating teamsters that tend to be out of touch with how the rest of our ups workforce much less the normal world thinks. I'm really not interested in their perspective anymore then I would be interested in knowing how a serial killer thinks.

In my personal viewpoint I had a situation recently where a poster here tried to fabricate lies about statements I made. when I remained calm in response he then attacked my wife. I then expressed my objections to his comment only to watch many depraved posters missing their integrity try to defend that persons outrageous comments.

the sad thing is these outrageous transgressons against me and my wife were then supported by this sites management and the site was quickly closed to keep me from truly expressing my rightous indignation.

so now knowing I am a tenous visitor on what amounts to a site run and controlled by negative teamsters I've decided to put those on ignore that have no value here. Members of the liars club have been so banished.

a poster who constantly cries like a little girl here has been so banished.

a drunken canadian poster fired for drinking on the job who constantly attacks this country and this company has been banished.

More will be added to the list.

I would rather converse with the posters here who have the character and integrity representative of the many fine upsers I have worked with over the years.

Does this mean you won't be in the fantasy football league this year?
I kind of hope you and Red make up.
A fish like you is hard to find.

tieguy

Banned
Does this mean you won't be in the fantasy football league this year?
I kind of hope you and Red make up.
A fish like you is hard to find.

I haven't put red on ignore. there are some posters here that lack any character or integrity. I'd rather not read their posts.

I think you're reading more into red then is there or certainly more then I intended. I think Red is a worthy adversary. If he and i were in the same center I might go toe to toe with him on the clock but would have no problem laughing about it afterwards over a beer.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Look, here's the deal, Sober and others.
You're falling right into Tie's trap, game, illusion, etc.
Tie and his ideals definitely make him a minority here on this site.
He enjoys it.
It is his motivation for coming here.
In the process, he finds himself falling behind at times.
Why wouldn't he, when it's all against one?
That's what happened with Tex, who made the equivalent of a "momma joke".
Nobody here has ever met Tie's wife.
Sorry if it hit close to home Tie.
It was hardly an "attack" on Tie or his family.
It was maybe a bit off color, but hardly any worse than some of his rants.
No, all his tirade was, is a well orchestrated diversion from the topic at hand.
He's a master at it, and I for one, was not fooled.
So buy his little martyr routine if you like, but not me.
I'm not buying it.
Oh God, I mean Tie, I probably just made the list, if wasn't already on it.

tieguy

Banned
Look, here's the deal, Sober and others.
You're falling right into Tie's trap, game, illusion, etc.
Tie and his ideals definitely make him a minority here on this site.
He enjoys it.
It is his motivation for coming here.
In the process, he finds himself falling behind at times.
Why wouldn't he, when it's all against one?
That's what happened with Tex, who made the equivalent of a "momma joke".
Nobody here has ever met Tie's wife.
Sorry if it hit close to home Tie.
It was hardly an "attack" on Tie or his family.
It was maybe a bit off color, but hardly any worse than some of his rants.
No, all his tirade was, is a well orchestrated diversion from the topic at hand.
He's a master at it, and I for one, was not fooled.
So buy his little martyr routine if you like, but not me.
I'm not buying it.
Oh God, I mean Tie, I probably just made the list, if wasn't already on it.

you're right liars belong there.

over9five

Staff member
Please note the "Rate this thread" tab near the top of this page. I have rated it "terrible" seeing as there's no "Give me a break" rating.

satellitedriver

No posts are "supported", by this sites management.
BTW;
Cheryl is the only member of management.
The TOS and common civility is the Golden Rule, when a member posts.
The Mod's are nothing more than volunteer referee's trying to keep a level ground for all to speak their minds.
Many threads get closed and it seems to happen most when posters get self "righteous".
I personally do not know, or have read, the thread where your wife was attacked.
If I had and saw a personal attack, I would have been on it like white on rice.
The fact that the thread was closed, when things got out of hand, indicates that someone "managed" to put out the flames.
As a Mod,
I do not have the luxury to simply "ignore" behavior.
You have often reported posts and they have been acted upon.
For you to state that this site supports "outrageous transgressions" is an egregious statement.

tieguy

Banned
No posts are "supported", by this sites management.
BTW;
Cheryl is the only member of management.
The TOS and common civility is the Golden Rule, when a member posts.
The Mod's are nothing more than volunteer referee's trying to keep a level ground for all to speak their minds.
Many threads get closed and it seems to happen most when posters get self "righteous".
I personally do not know, or have read, the thread where your wife was attacked.
If I had and saw a personal attack, I would have been on it like white on rice.
The fact that the thread was closed, when things got out of hand, indicates that someone "managed" to put out the flames.
As a Mod,
I do not have the luxury to simply "ignore" behavior.
You have often reported posts and they have been acted upon.
For you to state that this site supports "outrageous transgressions" is an egregious statement.

I guess. its so if you say so. I don't have the power or the authority here to disagree.

all I know is I was jumped by the liars club again.
I showed restraint.
they then attacked my wife
when they were done attacking me and my wife they snapped their fingers and got a moderator to quickly close the thread.

And now I apparently get attacked by posters here for using the ignore list in an effort to avoid all the bull**** here.

tieguy

Banned
this threais a great example of why the ignore option is needed. Brownrod jumped into with his comment even though he had no dog in this hunt. the sad thing is that moderators can not be put on ignore. Hoaxster is the worst moderator I've ever seen here and again here he jumps into the thread to make his smart assed comment. As a moderator he should be leading by example but continues to get away with this type of behavior.

there are a lot of good upsers here who represent many of the types of people its been my pleasure to work with. The ignore list allows me to filter out the rest.