"Ignore" lists

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
[And now I apparently get attacked by posters here for using the ignore list in an effort to avoid all the bull**** here.

Thats funny, I'm the one who started the thread..... and I never mentioned anyone's name. Why are you all of the sudden "feeling attacked?"
Its odd that I am supposedly on your ignore list, yet you somehow find a way to jump to conclusions about posts of mine while at the same time claiming that you arent reading them.

soberups

there are a lot of good upsers here who represent many of the types of people its been my pleasure to work with. The ignore list allows me to filter out the rest.

Translation:

"The ignore list allows me to pretend that I'm not reading posts by particular people, even though I still am. I can therefore avoid ever having to answer questions or openly and honestly participate in any sort of meaningful dialogue with people who might not share my opinions. I dont have to be accountable, since the flow of communication in my happy little world of denial only goes one way. I always get the last word, and if I dont like what you are saying I can stick my fingers in my ears and go 'NA NA NA, I cant hear you!'"

soberups

See, here he goes again with his shell game.
Don't feel sorry for him.
Keep your eye on the ball people.

Bear in mind, his so-called "ignore" list works both ways.

I can gurantee that he is still reading the posts...but he cant directly respond to them without first admitting to that fact.

This is actually rather amusing. Its sort of like when my dog pretends that he doesnt hear me when I yell at him to get off of the couch...but then when he hears the sound of the dog biscuit jar being opened, his selective hearing will come miraculously to life.

dillweed

I have something called "The four agreements" written by Don Miguel Ruiz, posted right here at my computer desk. I read it daily and work hard to keep it in mind. The first one is:
"DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering."

There are lots of inconsiderate, troubled and just plain nasty people in the world. When someone butts up against their opinions they have no recourse but to attack in inappropriate (sp?) ways. It's the best they can do at the time but we just don't need to take their words to heart.

We have choices. We can, at times, give them the benefit of doubt, swallow our own pride and say "you may be right". We can also say "you are wrong" and leave it at that. We do not need to explain our word and/or actions to others as long as we've done our best. We should be mature enough to admit when we have been very wrong and to apologize when we have crossed the line of sanity and decency.

We have the freedom to disregard the angry and unfair words of others. We have the freedom to put posters on ignore lists. And we have the freedom to stoop down to a level we know is beneath us. What we do with those freedoms is totally up to us. It is, after all, our own reality.

upsgrunt

**** you. get a real job at ups then judge me.

He can't stand being judged, but always qualifies himself to judge others. He's never wrong, but others are always wrong if their opinions do not directly match his.
I've been cast into the liars club and put on ignore because I gave an opinion, that he solicited, that didn't exactly match what he wanted to hear.
He always talks about "beating", "clubbing", "taking your bat and beating you with it", and "I win". In my experience, if you have to declare yourself the "winner", usually you aren't.
It bothered me at first to be put on ignore by someone, but now I don't care. If I did care, it would be giving power to someone over me that I didn't agree to. By not caring, I take away that power.
Tie must have learned that ignore trick from UPS supervisor school. If he doesn't agree with a suggestion from and employee, he can just tune them out and they don't exist.

tieguy

Banned
I have something called "The four agreements" written by Don Miguel Ruiz, posted right here at my computer desk. I read it daily and work hard to keep it in mind. The first one is:
"DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering."

There are lots of inconsiderate, troubled and just plain nasty people in the world. When someone butts up against their opinions they have no recourse but to attack in inappropriate (sp?) ways. It's the best they can do at the time but we just don't need to take their words to heart.

We have choices. We can, at times, give them the benefit of doubt, swallow our own pride and say "you may be right". We can also say "you are wrong" and leave it at that. We do not need to explain our word and/or actions to others as long as we've done our best. We should be mature enough to admit when we have been very wrong and to apologize when we have crossed the line of sanity and decency.

We have the freedom to disregard the angry and unfair words of others. We have the freedom to put posters on ignore lists. And we have the freedom to stoop down to a level we know is beneath us. What we do with those freedoms is totally up to us. It is, after all, our own reality.

I find it fascinating that my desire to stay away from the lunancy here and to ignore has gotten this attention. I get attacked for jumping into discussions and now I get attacked for deciding to stay out of them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I find it fascinating that my desire to stay away from the lunancy here and to ignore has gotten this attention. I get attacked for jumping into discussions and now I get attacked for deciding to stay out of them.

You are being attacked here for publicizing that which you should have kept to yourself. I made the same mistake when I posted my ignore list during my issue with Unabletomoveon. In hind sight it would have better to have simply added his name to my ignore list and moved on, which I have done. Yes, I can still read his posts, if I choose, by clicking on view post, but I choose not to. The only glitch is that any time someone quotes Unable the quoted post will be displayed.

soberups

I find it fascinating that you would automatically assume the thread is even about you in the first place when (a) your name was never mentioned in the original post and (b) the original post is supposedly on your "ignore" list.

I also find it fascinating when people choose to participate in a thread with people who are on their "ignore" list while continuing to deny that they are able to read their posts.

soberups

Too bad we don't have an "Ignore Thread" option.

We do. It is activated by the scroll button on the mouse. If you scroll past the thread without clicking on it....its ignored.

The reality is that "ignore" lists are for people who lack the will-power or self discipline to truly ignore something by making a conscious choice to look the other way.

Re-Raise

He can't stand being judged, but always qualifies himself to judge others. He's never wrong, but others are always wrong if their opinions do not directly match his.
I've been cast into the liars club and put on ignore because I gave an opinion, that he solicited, that didn't exactly match what he wanted to hear.
He always talks about "beating", "clubbing", "taking your bat and beating you with it", and "I win". In my experience, if you have to declare yourself the "winner", usually you aren't.
It bothered me at first to be put on ignore by someone, but now I don't care. If I did care, it would be giving power to someone over me that I didn't agree to. By not caring, I take away that power.
Tie must have learned that ignore trick from UPS supervisor school. If he doesn't agree with a suggestion from and employee, he can just tune them out and they don't exist.

+ 1

He will argue .. (in his mind and I am sure he will win) that he is attacked because most of us are union employees and he is management.

That has nothing to do with it. I don't believe being arrogant and self absorbed is a given just because someone is in management. I don't take pretzel man that way.

I have had many managers who are willing to share opinions and ideas with others in a positive way. I think being able to do that shows a certain confidence that Tieguy seems to lack.

tieguy

Banned
+ 1

He will argue .. (in his mind and I am sure he will win) that he is attacked because most of us are union employees and he is management.

That has nothing to do with it. I don't believe being arrogant and self absorbed is a given just because someone is in management. I don't take pretzel man that way.

I have had many managers who are willing to share opinions and ideas with others in a positive way. I think being able to do that shows a certain confidence that Tieguy seems to lack.

For some strange reason I'm the bad guy here but yet I did not start this thread. If you didn't want to see these terrible qualities of mine then why would one of your own start the thread and why would all of you feed the thread?
this is the kind of stupidity I deal with here all the time and why I am making free use of the ignore list.

soberups

For some strange reason I'm the bad guy here but yet I did not start this thread. If you didn't want to see these terrible qualities of mine then why would one of your own start the thread and why would all of you feed the thread?
this is the kind of stupidity I deal with here all the time and why I am making free use of the ignore list.

For some strange reason you continue participating in the thread even though you claim to be so offended that you must put most of its participants on your so-called "ignore" list.

Methinks thou dost protest too loudly.

For some strange reason you continue participating in the thread even though you claim to be so offended that you must put most of its participants on your so-called "ignore" list.

Methinks thou dost protest too loudly.

The thread is about him yet you give him crap for keeping it from being a one sided attack. That`s the definition of protest?

You get a real job at UPS then judge the rest of us.

You work in the feeder dept. You have no clue as to what the rest of us deal with on a daily basis.

This ain`t the thread to start this argument but you`d be surprised at what most of us dealt with on a daily basis to make it to the feeder dept and still do now that we`re there. Hub and Package doesn`t have the lock on grief so don`t make it out like you do.

soberups

The thread is about him yet you give him crap for keeping it from being a one sided attack. That`s the definition of protest?

The original post...which I wrote....was about the stupidity of creating an "ignore" list and then bragging about it on one's signature line.

I never mentioned a name or referred to any particular forum member. It was never
personal and there was never any sort of attack directed at any particular individual.

A certain poster then made an assumption that I was referring to him...while at the same time continuing to insist that he was unable to read my posts in the first place.

I find both the assumption and the insistence to be...rather amusing.