Ilhan Omar is Better for the Repugs than Trump!!!

Who in USA Politics is most RACIST?

• Trump

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ilhan Omar

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Steve King

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Rashida Tlaib

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Maxine Waters

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Israeli Actions and policies should be subject to scrutiny and criticism. But it’s pretty clear from Omar’s own words that she is an anti-Semitic Muslim. The excuse making that’s done for her because she’s black/Muslim/female is amazing.

You can critique Israel without sounding anti-Semitic. Rep. Ilhan Omar should learn how.

“In the continuing saga of Omar vs. the State of Israel, she has said that Israel has "hypnotized the world," suggested that Jews and Israel have bought U.S. politicians, and implied that American Jews have divided loyalties. Some pundits have labeled these classic anti-Semitic tropes, while others say her remarks are being blown out of proportion and taken out of context.”
Uh.
Which part of that is anti-Semitic?

Box Ox

Uh.
Which part of that is anti-Semitic?

Opinion | Ilhan Omar and the Myth of Jewish Hypnosis

“The conspiracy theory of the Jew as the hypnotic conspirator, the duplicitous manipulator, the sinister puppeteer is one with ancient roots and a bloody history. In the New Testament, it is a small band of Jews who get Rome — then the greatest power in the world — to do their bidding by killing Christ.”

“The Jewish power to hypnotize the world, as Ms. Omar put it, is the plot of Jud Süss — the most successful Nazi film ever made. In the film, produced by Joseph Goebbels himself, Josef Süss Oppenheimer, an 18th-century religious Jew, emerges from the ghetto, makes himself over as an assimilated man, and rises to become the treasurer to the Duke of Württemberg. Silly duke: Allowing a single Jew into his city leads to death and destruction.”

vantexan

“The conspiracy theory of the Jew as the hypnotic conspirator, the duplicitous manipulator, the sinister puppeteer is one with ancient roots and a bloody history. In the New Testament, it is a small band of Jews who get Rome — then the greatest power in the world — to do their bidding by killing Christ.”

“The Jewish power to hypnotize the world, as Ms. Omar put it, is the plot of Jud Süss — the most successful Nazi film ever made. In the film, produced by Joseph Goebbels himself, Josef Süss Oppenheimer, an 18th-century religious Jew, emerges from the ghetto, makes himself over as an assimilated man, and rises to become the treasurer to the Duke of Württemberg. Silly duke: Allowing a single Jew into his city leads to death and destruction.”
Interesting analogy about the small band of Jews getting Christ killed, considering they were surrounded by Jews in Jerusalem and Jesus himself was Jewish.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

What a load of garbage.

I don't know anything about Omar and I don't care to. Imo she is right.

AIPAC's influence is well documented, to the point of criminality. They are essentially an agent of Israel posing as a lobbying organization that gets billions of dollars funneled to Israel.

Box Ox

What a load of garbage.

I don't know anything about Omar and I don't care to. Imo she is right.

AIPAC's influence is well documented, to the point of criminality. They are essentially an agent of Israel posing as a lobbying organization that gets billions of dollars funneled to Israel.

Then hopefully the 2020 Democratic Presidential candidate will carry the message that Omar is right. The Jews have hypnotized the world and Jewish Americans put the Jewish state first.

Box Ox

Are you high?
You don't think the AIPAC has influence in both parties? Their president got caught on take bragging about it ffs.

Oh sure. But Omar and Democrats have to make a choice between just saying what they think problems are, eg: “Israel is essentially holding Palestinians in an open air prison,” and saying the same things the Nazis said about the Jews in order to make their points about Israeli actions and policies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oh sure. But Omar and Democrats have to make a choice between just saying what they think problems are, eg: “Israel is essentially holding Palestinians in an open air prison,” and saying the same things the Nazis said about the Jews in order to make their points about Israeli actions and policies.
Sure, ignorant morons are going to cry antisemitism every time anyone dares to question the billions of dollars we give to Israel. Making it about their religion and comparing critics to nazis is an easy way to dodge the realities.

Box Ox

Sure, ignorant morons are going to cry antisemitism every time anyone dares to question the billions of dollars we give to Israel. Making it about their religion and comparing critics to nazis is an easy way to dodge the realities.

Why do you think Omar specifically said that Jews have the power to hypnotize the world?

Box Ox

She didn't.
Why are you falling for that talking point.

The Ilhan Omar anti-Semitism controversy, explained

“In 2012, she tweeted that “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” The tweet implied that Israel and its supporters were secretly tricking the world into supporting it, a longtime anti-Semitic trope for which Omar apologized after taking office in January.”

newfie

That's an important point. Face it. Congressional debate over US Middle East policy has for years been heavily influenced by Jewish influence and money. Perhaps the election to Congress of a very vocal young Muslim will bring greater balance to the debate and she deserves to be heard without fear of the very powerful Jewish influence and money. After all, she was elected to be heard and to represent the people of here district even if you don't like her or what she has to say.

I think you're forgetting 8 years of Obama sucking up to the muslim brotherhood and decades of our appeasing and financing the PLO when you say that .

I'm not necessarily agreeing with her position i just think that her as a policy maker should have the right to question and argue against policy .

rickyb

I think you're forgetting 8 years of Obama sucking up to the muslim brotherhood and decades of our appeasing and financing the PLO when you say that .

I'm not necessarily agreeing with her position i just think that her as a policy maker should have the right to question and argue against policy .
YA THINK

newfie

rickyb

What does Rep. Ilhan Omar have in common with President Trump?
Sadly, more than you would think.

The Democratic freshman from Minnesota is perhaps the most prominent victim of the anti-Muslim hatred that Trump spews. The president appeared to be referring to Omar, a Somali American, when he told a conservative audience Saturday that certain members of Congress “hate our country.” She has also been the target of regular death threats and vile displays such as a poster at a GOP-sponsored event in the West Virginia Capitol on Friday linking her to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Yet Omar herself is doing something akin to what her disgusting opponents are doing to her: She has suggested that Americans who support Israel — by implication, Jews — are disloyal to the United States. At an event in Washington last week, Omar said, in the context of the pro-Israel lobby, that “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”
THERE YOU GO AGAIN.

YOU CAN BE ANTI ISRAEL GOVT, AND NOT ANTI JEW. I HATE THE ISRAEL GOVT AS WELL, BUT MY BFF IS JEWISH. HIS FAMILY DIED AND FLED THE HOLOCAUST BECAUSE GERMAN ECONOMY AND THEREFORE POLITICS WENT TO :censored2:S MUCH LIKE AMERICA IS NOW.

YOUR IMMATURE ASSOCIATIONS IS NOT HELPING THE DIALOGUE.