Illinois to go bankrupt?

newfie

I was referring solely to the shift in the Medicaid burden to the states.

the problem as I see it you don't have a bill that does that initiated or signed by Trump. everything going on in Illinois is a byproduct of the Obama administration and the leadership in that state. So why even try to blame trump in any way and certainly in a future speculative way when the only thing he has tried to do there is fix the crime.

bbsam

Staff member
the problem as I see it you don't have a bill that does that initiated or signed by Trump. everything going on in Illinois is a byproduct of the Obama administration and the leadership in that state. So why even try to blame trump in any way and certainly in a future speculative way when the only thing he has tried to do there is fix the crime.

Bruce Rauner - Wikipedia

Yep.

BrownArmy

Bless your heart, you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

upschuck

Shouldn't be. He's been running Illinois for about 30 years and gets whatever he wants.
My+joke+skyrocketed+over+your+head+not+even+a+close+_66815b942ee838e07bfa07bfe5342939.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's amazing. People can't figure it out. We've had governors from both parties but nothing changes.

Uhhh that's because none of them can do anything without madigan supporting them.
Same in NJ. The Democrats control our state's House and Senate as they have for years. No way the bloat will ever be cut under their watch.

Wally

More people will probably follow, especially since Trump is going to screw them over and eliminate the federal exemption for state income taxes.
I heard different things on that like just in folks earning over 500k?

Anyway, why spend and spend? My state is the same, borrow, spend, and borrow some more. Then they jack up taxes on the wealthy and raise less revenue as folks leave the state.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I heard different things on that like just in folks earning over 500k?

Anyway, why spend and spend? My state is the same, borrow, spend, and borrow some more. Then they jack up taxes on the wealthy and raise less revenue as folks leave the state.
Personally I hope he does eliminate the state income tax deduction. Doesn't seem fair to federal tax payers in states without a state income tax.

Wally

Personally I hope he does eliminate the state income tax deduction. Doesn't seem fair to federal tax payers in states without a state income tax.
I always liked the flat tax. Stop all the bull and pay one rate. Only thing I'm worried these weasels would just keep jacking up the rates.