I'm assuming not but is there a way to type characters on the DIAD?

PT Car Washer

No, it just makes it so you use the keypad. When you hit the orange button the touch screen will have orange letters/numbers in them. The top 5 boxes are a,b,c,d,e and the bottom 5 boxes are 1,2,3,4,5. So for example you scan the package, big arrow down, orange button, 5, 7 for driver release front door. It sounds weird, but it is way faster that using the touch screen.
Thanks. That was just as clear as mud. Not really looking to be faster, just trying to avoid the fat thumb mistakes.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
No, it just makes it so you use the keypad. When you hit the orange button the touch screen will have orange letters/numbers in them. The top 5 boxes are a,b,c,d,e and the bottom 5 boxes are 1,2,3,4,5. So for example you scan the package, big arrow down, orange button, 5, 7 for driver release front door. It sounds weird, but it is way faster that using the touch screen.

Started using it once I got gloves and haven't used touch screen ever since. It is a lot faster. I can DR a package in less than a second using the orange button 5,7 just like you said.