I'm Back

rngri4

I'm back everyone, at least for a week it looks like, the Army sent me home to recuperate, and then I am going back in a week, and I will be there till the middle of January. I also have better news, as of the end of this week, I will no longer work for UPS....YAY!!!! I have accepted a district managers position with a large drug company, and will oversee the 20 or so sales reps in our district. Anyway, I will still hopefully be able to post here, at least for this week, I am going back to UPS tomorrow, and probably work till Friday and head to Iraq next Monday.

aspenleaf

I'm back everyone, at least for a week it looks like, the Army sent me home to recuperate, and then I am going back in a week, and I will be there till the middle of January. I also have better news, as of the end of this week, I will no longer work for UPS....YAY!!!! I have accepted a district managers position with a large drug company, and will oversee the 20 or so sales reps in our district. Anyway, I will still hopefully be able to post here, at least for this week, I am going back to UPS tomorrow, and probably work till Friday and head to Iraq next Monday.

Welcome back and goodluck to you!

rngri4

Welcome back and goodluck to you!

I in a strange way will be glad to be back at UPS, because when I go in this morning, I will have my resignation in hand...lol. I can only say that I will be happy, no I don't look forward to going back to a battlezone, but oh welll, it will still be ok. It was just nice to kiss my wife and son when I got back home.

aspenleaf

Be safe. My brother was over there for two tours; made it home safely and now waits to be sent back over. He actually loved what he did over there and told me and mom not to worry so much and to stop watching CNN!

I am sure your wife and son are happy to see you home even for a brief time. Good luck and come back and keep us posted on your new career once you get back from Iraq.

satellitedriver

Great news!
As I told your wife, keep your chin up and your head down. Thanks for your service. I guess I'll be delivering samples to your drug rep's. That's OK with me because UPS pays me well to do it. Kiss you wife and son for me. May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

wkmac

rngri4,
So glad you are OK and also best wishes in your new career. I'm very happy for you and your family. You know you will be welcome here anytime so by all means pop in and say hey. And absolutely let us know when you get back home for good and how you are doing. You're in my prayers until you get back home.

Your loving wife kept us up to date about you while you we over there and it was much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your great service to our country. May disagree with politics and public policy but you're a true "Red, White & Blue" hero in my book!

:thumbup:

rngri4

I in a strange way will be glad to be back at UPS, because when I go in this morning, I will have my resignation in hand...lol. I can only say that I will be happy, no I don't look forward to going back to a battlezone, but oh welll, it will still be ok. It was just nice to kiss my wife and son when I got back home.

The great idiots at UPS have decided not to accept my resignation, like I really care or not, but this just shows what buttholes we have here. I am shipping back off to Iraq next Tuesday, and so I really don't care about UPS anymore, and my response was, thats fine, don't accept it, and I walked out of the door. Our center now has no dispatch supervisor, and they are screwed. I finally got a call from our center manager this evening, begging me to work the next week...........sorry, go screw yourself. UPS is a great company, but the current management will kill it out, I don't care what you say, they are selfish individuals who think of nothing but themselves. I head back to Iraq next week, and I take a new job when I get back (the new employer understands, and accepted my military orders) I just feel sorry for all the dumb people still in UPS Management, because you are nothing but a cog, just think about it!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks for your service, glad to have you back, glad you are getting to move on. Sounds like you were becoming a disgruntled employee, and in your position, I dont know why (sarcasm). Good Luck on your next tour, and your new career.

browniehound

The great idiots at UPS have decided not to accept my resignation, like I really care or not, but this just shows what buttholes we have here. I am shipping back off to Iraq next Tuesday, and so I really don't care about UPS anymore, and my response was, thats fine, don't accept it, and I walked out of the door. Our center now has no dispatch supervisor, and they are screwed. I finally got a call from our center manager this evening, begging me to work the next week...........sorry, go screw yourself. UPS is a great company, but the current management will kill it out, I don't care what you say, they are selfish individuals who think of nothing but themselves. I head back to Iraq next week, and I take a new job when I get back (the new employer understands, and accepted my military orders) I just feel sorry for all the dumb people still in UPS Management, because you are nothing but a cog, just think about it!

Thank you for your brave service to this great country of ours. I simply don't have the balls for combat and rely on brave people like you to keep us all free. I can't thank you enough. As for the UPS. Man, this is my dream. To be able to hand a resignation letter to my boss. Like you said, for them to not accept it iwould be icing on the cake for me. If they did this to me I wouldn't even extend them a courtesy of a 2-week notice. Fact is, I have a B.A. degree and if I left UPS, would be starting out at the most 40K per year. I just can't afford this pay-cut at this time, so I must continue busting my hump to make almost $70,000. Fact is, I NEED Ups and so I suffer. I would love to just go and teach 4th grade, but I simply can't afford it. And with my hours at UPS I can't go for a masters unless I could find a program where classes were just held on weekends. I'm grateful for my job at UPS, but man, there has got to be a better way. Any advice from anyone would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks for your service and be safe. Sorry to see your leaving with such hard feelings toward UPS. Don't worry about Big Brown, I'm sure they'll find a way to get by without you!!!

satellitedriver

Thank you for your brave service to this great country of ours. I simply don't have the balls for combat and rely on brave people like you to keep us all free. I can't thank you enough. As for the UPS. Man, this is my dream. To be able to hand a resignation letter to my boss. Like you said, for them to not accept it iwould be icing on the cake for me. If they did this to me I wouldn't even extend them a courtesy of a 2-week notice. Fact is, I have a B.A. degree and if I left UPS, would be starting out at the most 40K per year. I just can't afford this pay-cut at this time, so I must continue busting my hump to make almost $70,000. Fact is, I NEED Ups and so I suffer. I would love to just go and teach 4th grade, but I simply can't afford it. And with my hours at UPS I can't go for a masters unless I could find a program where classes were just held on weekends. I'm grateful for my job at UPS, but man, there has got to be a better way. Any advice from anyone would greatly be appreciated!

You asked for advice, so I will give you mine.
Follow your bliss and the money will follow.
You say you can not afford to take a pay cut. Is that really true? It is nice to have nice things, but if you are not content within yourself what are things worth? Go teach and take night classes. It damn sure won't be easy. But, it will be a damn sight better than being an old man saying "I wish I would have".

I'll close this post with a saying my wife saved in a scrapbook as a child.
"Chose your ride carefully,
laughed the mother.
I only bought you one ticket"
Good Luck

rngri4

Do you know where you will be stationed? And what will you do? Good luck!

Yes I know where I will be stationed, but I can only say in Iraq, I will be once again leading patrols, all ranger patrols, and working with all special ops. My shoulder has healed nicely, and the stitches came out today, and I am ready to get back to work in Iraq, and also ready to start a new job! I talked to our center manager yesterday, and he became a total jerk, he said he can't understand why I am going back to Iraq in UPS's busiest season, and basically I should extend my notice and just go AWOL. Of course, he said he was just joking. I pissed him off though in the end, and put in extra runs and 0730, and underdispatched the whole darn center....all the drivers were in by 0645, that was my little departing to Iraq, and quitting UPS gift to them, and they were all very grateful, I figure, we have the cover drivers, use them, and get everyone in early, screw the numbers. Anyway, I leave tomorrow night for Iraq, and will work for one week on desk duty in Germany, then back into the fight after that! Even though I am leaving to go back, I feel a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders after quitting UPS! Good luck, and happy holidays to everyone here!

rngri4

This is my first chance to get to a computer here in Iraq, and things are going pretty good I guess. Things have been very very very crazy as we are stepping up patrols to rid the insurgents, and I have had about 4 hours sleep in the past 3 days or so. Anyway, I know all my friends at UPS are feeling the same thing, and will feel it during peak day tomorrow! Good luck to all, I will try to get to a computer after Christmas! Thanks for the prayers and support, we really need it over here!