Im new to the board

UPSTeamster542

Hey everyone, Im new to the board. Ive been with UPS for 6 years, going on 7 in two months. I am a part-timer. Is driving air as stressful as ground? I have an oppurtunity to get a position as a sat air driver or cover driver.

DS

Fenderbender
Welcome 542,the only unstressful driving job at ups is if you`re in feeders.Try getting on area at 9;45 with 40 stops with a noon commit.
Stress is relative at ups to how much you can take without going insane.
15 years for me full time and every day is a new adventure.

true_1_ace

there is no such thing as less stressful at ups,if its not running for air comitts its running to get 10 pu's that call in at 4 o'clock and close at 5 o'clock along with your scedualed pu of course:thumbup1:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPSTeamster542,
Welcome to the board. What part of the world are you in? I don't think there is such a thing as a non-stressful job at UPS. Go for it though, most of us started out part-time and moved up into better paying positions. Good luck.

Mr. Brown

Brown till retirement!
Welcome upsteamster542, I started out part-time and got a chance to run Sat air. It was stressful because they give you what seemed like alot of stops at the time and not much training of the diad. Now being a full-time driver for 5 years, running Sat air is alot easier. Experience with the diad is important and knowing how many Next Day Air stops you can handle is also important!