I'm tired of seeing gym lifts compared to this job

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I’m actually the opposite man. I can lift 100 lb dressers and headboards up porches all day, but can’t seem to bench a full plate at the gym more than 4 or 5 times :donatello
If you're talking 135 for 5 reps that's not bad I imagine you weigh between 160 and 180 and that puts you at about 150 one rep max which is close to your body weight which is all you really need anyway.

The strength to lift the dressers and headboards come from all around your body though, not just your chest and triceps

Heavy Package

These exercises in the gym are designed to build muscle while using proper body mechanics. In a deadlift or a squat it's all controlled movement. Lifting a package at ups is anything but a designed and controlled movement that has been mastered since the 19th century

These meat head threads suck. Can we go back to bashing seasonal workers, the new contract, or management please?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Benching 300 at the gym is not the same as picking up heavy packages off a floor.

I can dumbbell shoulder press 100s for 6 reps and I still ask for help on any over 70s.

These exercises in the gym are designed to build muscle while using proper body mechanics. In a deadlift or a squat it's all controlled movement. Lifting a package at ups is anything but a designed and controlled movement that has been mastered since the 19th century

Stop comparing the two please
5a807948b47f7949068457.gif

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
The hardest part is combining the job's physical & mental aspects.
To go as fast as possible, not get injured and keep the car on the road for 12 to 14 hours is difficult.

Indecisi0n

Benching 300 at the gym is not the same as picking up heavy packages off a floor.

I can dumbbell shoulder press 100s for 6 reps and I still ask for help on any over 70s.

Which is more work:
Picking up a 100 lb DB once ?
Or
Picking up a 50 lb DB twice?

Withbacon

Looks like someone skips leg day.