Im voting McCain Palin on november 4th

The increases you speak of were pre-planned negotiated raises and had nothing to do with the leadership of the Bush Administration or polices.

This you can thank your elected union officials for this and not the Bush administration.

Very little of my income increases were pre-planned negotiated raises. Bush tax cuts helped though. I guess you could say union officials helped me make some money when I shorted GM.

paidslave

Absolutely. My choice to vote for Obama and enjoy income redistribution as I join the homeless on the streets.

Why would I change if I am better off then I was 8 years ago?

Well Tie, I am not sure how you would believe that. Your dollar is not worth the same in 2000........it is now worth .60 if you are lucky!

A gallon of gas was $1.17 a gallon! If you were a part timer and went full time than you are better off!

paidslave

The last eight years have been good to me. I have seen my weekly take home pay quadruple. I purchased a house, built a nice savings, and continue to work towards my goal of being independently wealthy. This stock slump is the best thing that could have happened to me in terms of my long term financial goals. The country hasn't had a single terrorist attack on its soil since 9-11-01. I really don't see a downside to this.

I suppose for young part timers you are right! Now we will see if McCain Drives the market more into the ground and UPS has layoffs I feel sorry for you and your newbie buddies!

tieguy

Banned
Well Tie, I am not sure how you would believe that. Your dollar is not worth the same in 2000........it is now worth .60 if you are lucky!

A gallon of gas was $1.17 a gallon! If you were a part timer and went full time than you are better off!

sounds like your grasping for straws.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The fuel price thing is a ridiculous argument. Give me a break. China is gobbling up all the gas and the steel it can get. Supply and Demand. That's why fuel and steel prices are out of this world. And it seems to me that the government has had little to do with the greed on wall street. They relaxed lending standards so the average joe could own a home. The lending companies are totally at fault and so is the consumer for not being smart enough to know what they can afford. It seems to me that your fervor for the Democratic party is a very positive thing. Your arguments though need a little more thought. I think BO's policies are unrealistic and will be bait and switched when the real world smacks him if he gets elected. I don't care much for McCain myself. But I can respect experience which he has in aces over BO. Change for the sake of change is not the best policy when your country is at war. McCain is simply not Bush. You make all the arguments you want on his voting record, but McCain is still not Bush. Other than that, I think your comments are very very entertaining and for the most part very well thought out. We just seem to come to different conclusions.

diesel96

The fuel price thing is a ridiculous argument. Give me a break. China is gobbling up all the gas and the steel it can get. Supply and Demand. That's why fuel and steel prices are out of this world.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

Their consumption is still small compared to ours, although if we continue to do nothing about weening off fossil fuels China will catch up to where we are today by 2025, and who knows how much more the US would be consuming by then. Blaming China on fuel prices without looking in the mirror is a weak argument.

brett636

I suppose for young part timers you are right! Now we will see if McCain Drives the market more into the ground and UPS has layoffs I feel sorry for you and your newbie buddies!

Just humor me here, but can you please explain how Obama's tax hikes will help this economy?

browndevil

I realy enjoyed that video More. What a think is really cool is that in America you can be all that and you can be whatever you want. That is what this country is made of a big ole melting pot, different races, creed, religious views, agnostic, aliest, gay ,straight & political parties, vegeterian, vegan & carnivores. Bring it on I love diversity!!!:happy2:
Oh and I am voting Obama-Biden. Too bad McCain got thrown under the bus in 2000. He should have been the nominee then

Channahon

Just started watching OSU and Penn St and I'll tell you what, if Joe Paterno was running for president I would vote for him.
Talk about a class act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Paterno

Back to the topic, I am an election judge for Nov 4th and have voted early. I'm with Brett 636 on this one.

I know Obama supporters are looking for "Change", but I feel the only "Change" I may experience is loose change in the bottom of my purse.

That may be all that's left, because I'm not sure how Obama is going to fulfill his campaign promises, without raising taxes, and I'm not so sure that taxing the top 5% wage earners of over $250,000 is enough.

Although if someone can tell me that everyone in federal, state and city governments who can't manage their budgets, and continually raise taxes, are in this category, then I will call and ask for an Obama sign for my front lawn.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

Their consumption is still small compared to ours, although if we continue to do nothing about weening off fossil fuels China will catch up to where we are today by 2025, and who knows how much more the US would be consuming by then. Blaming China on fuel prices without looking in the mirror is a weak argument.

It's hardly a weak argument when you take into consideration 2 things.
1. The study on this website is getting to be almost 2 years old.
2. China isn't gobbling 9 billion barrels a day today. They've increased there demand an untold how many times for in the last two years and it is making a large impact.

I do agree that we are a large consumer nation and that we do slurp lots of dinosaur juice. Mathematics however is compelling when you start adding numbers of barrels a day in the plus column for China, cause OPEC is greedy and they are always trying to stifle production. More demand, same amount of production equals fuel goes to the highest bidder.

On another note, has TOS posted on any other portion of this site than on current events?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's hardly a weak argument when you take into consideration 2 things.
1. The study on this website is getting to be almost 2 years old.
2. China isn't gobbling 9 billion barrels a day today. They've increased there demand an untold how many times for in the last two years and it is making a large impact.

I do agree that we are a large consumer nation and that we do slurp lots of dinosaur juice. Mathematics however is compelling when you start adding numbers of barrels a day in the plus column for China, cause OPEC is greedy and they are always trying to stifle production. More demand, same amount of production equals fuel goes to the highest bidder.

On another note, has TOS posted on any other portion of this site than on current events?

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers on China. Their estimated oil consumption in 2007 was 6.93 million bbl/day (from the CIA world factbook). The Chinese government lowered their oil subsidy this year in an effort to reduce domestic consumption, so it seems unlikely that the numbers for 2008 will be dramatically higher. If you have a source that says otherwise I'd be interested to read it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
liberals love to mock the bible. perhaps they should learn to read the bible to figure out how they destroyed a robust economy in a mere two years.

TIEGUY, tell me you understand that there is no BOOK OF REVELATIONS...

In the plural form as stated by the RNC and others who repeat it.

Its the Book of Revelation.

If your going to quote the bible, do it correctly.

Secondly, TIE, why dont you enlighten us liberals with the exactl mention of the anti-christ in the book of revelation that pertains to Obama?

Again, this will be the second thread you will abandon for lack of knowledge.:dead:

footnote:
Nineteenth-century agnostic Robert G. Ingersoll branded Revelation "the insanest of all books".[29] Thomas Jefferson omitted it entirely from the Bible he edited, and wrote that he "considered it as merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams".[30] "Martin Luther found it an offensive piece of work" and "John Calvin had grave doubts about its value."[31]

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Opinion: Maverick Palin Turning Rogue, McCain Camp Infighting Erupts

It looks like the wheels are flying off the Straight Talk Express as McCain calls his staffers "Incontinent" for excessive leaking and McCain aides call Sarah Palin a slow learning, rogue, diva who cares only about herself.

There are reports of infighting within the McCain Campaign as we head into the final ten days before the election. CNN reports that McCain campaigns insiders are increasingly frustrated with Sarah Palin going rogue and straying from campaign talking points. Palin’s close supporters say that talk of the Alaskan Governor going rogue are nothing more than McCain campaign staffer’s trying to cast blame on her for their own failures. Whether the accusations of Palin going rogue and positioning herself for 2012 are true or not, this is not the way a campaign that believes it can still win behaves.

McCain Staffers Blaming Each Other

A campaign that thinks it is in the running for a victory in the presidential election generally doesn’t start falling apart by finger pointing, casting blame and calling each other names during the final stretch of the campaign. Yet that is just what appears to be happening to the McCain- Palin campaign this week. A variety of accusations from “unnamed sources within the campaign” have been making headlines and stirring up even more infighting.

“Incontinent” Leakers and Rogue Running Mates

The Independent reported, that things within the McCain camp have gotten so out of control that John McCain himself, with what can only be termed an interesting choice of terms for the aging candidate, accused campaign staffers of being “incontinent” for allowing so many “leaks” to new organizations. The Independent cites an unnamed McCain friend as saying that the Senator engaged in heated arguments with member of his campaign staff who seemed to be resigned to defeat in the November 4th election.

“Diva” Palin Going Rogue

CNN cites several McCain staffers as questioning Palin’s motives in going off message on the campaign trail and wondering whether she is more concerned with her own image than that of the McCain- Palin ticket. One unnamed McCain insider had lashed out to CNN against a rogue Sarah Palin “She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone. She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else. Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."

Palin a Slow Learner, Says McCain Aide

The Politico reported a Palin aide as saying “She was completely mishandled in the beginning. No one took the time to look at what her personal strengths and weaknesses are and developed a plan that made sense based on who she is as a candidate,” and that Palin blames the McCain handlers for her media image difficulties and that she would prefer to be even more of a rogue. CNN reported that Sarah Palin’s early handling was a matter of necessity.
“Her lack of fundamental understanding of some key issues was dramatic," said another McCain source with direct knowledge of the process to prepare Palin after she was picked. The source said it was probably the "hardest" to get her "up to speed than any candidate in history."
Too Many Mavericks Looking Out for Themselves

In the end, the divisions within the McCain- Palin camp can be attributed to the poll results which generally show a strong lead for Obama nationally and in key battleground states. If the McCain camp thought it was winning or had a reasonable chance to pull out a victory in the presidential election, there would be no “incontinent” leaking or talk of Sarah Palin as a rogue diva. With what looks like defeat in 2008, however, many within the campaign, perhaps including Sarah Palin, are looking to place the blame for the defeat somewhere else, and position themselves for the future.

"You Betcha":happy-very: