I Voted No

PT Car Washer

Really? Because before this technology, I was never able to check my hours instantly the day of I think it’s mostly just laziness, regardless of if it’s paper or electronic.
Most new young hourlies believe the company will correctly keep track of their hours for them. They would never dream that their buddy the PT sup would purposely trim their hours to make themselves look better.

Thebrownblob

Most new young hourlies believe the company will correctly keep track of their hours for them. They would never dream that their buddy the PT sup would purposely trim their hours to make themselves look better.
Trust me, it’s not just the young guys. I got 30 year vets who don’t bother to look until weeks later and then come to me lol it’s mostly like I said, lazy.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Never saw the need. I kept track of my own hours. Either it matched my check, or it didn't. If it didn't, I grieved them.
We had those little calendar books the union handed out that I used to write down my daily in time, out time, total hours, the route I ran, and days towards progression then made sure my stub at the end the week matched down to the decimal. Checking daily would have been a redundant waste of time.

govols019

You smell that?
My BA hates the time clock viewer mainly because of people seeing its wrong and freaking out like the money is already gone.
Why would somebody contact their business agent when the time card viewer is wrong?

You would contact your supervisor first and then only contact your BA if your actual paycheck was wrong.

Contacting your BA first is like wiping before you poop, it don't make no sense.

542thruNthru

Why would somebody contact their business agent when the time card viewer is wrong?

You would contact your supervisor first and then only contact your BA if your actual paycheck was wrong.

Contacting your BA first is like wiping before you poop, it don't make no sense.
He's told me many of times that a member will call him freaking out because the holiday pay doesn't show or that his hours are showing the wrong rate. They all want to file a grievance right then and there because they are worried the check will be wrong on pay day.

99% of the time it's just the time card viewer isn't updated.

BobJ

He's told me many of times that a member will call him freaking out because the holiday pay doesn't show or that his hours are showing the wrong rate. They all want to file a grievance right then and there because they are worried the check will be wrong on pay day.

99% of the time it's just the time card viewer isn't updated.

That is what happens when you're living paycheck to paycheck.
Some of these guys need every cent to pay bills and can't afford to incur late fees, again.