Immigration

Babagounj

Strength through joy
rickyb, I never knew you had it so tough up north .

“‎CBSA operational policy restricts enforcement between ports of entry and directs officers to refer to their local RCMP detachment in cases of suspected violations.”

CTV News

wkmac

This is funny for sure.

17156023_1479906408750986_2105722059866676649_n.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Borders by Gonzzink, Reckoner, Jonathan DiGiacomo

Borders is a political art game created not only to exhibit video games as an art form but to portray the dangers Mexican immigrants face in order to give the next generation a better future. Players attempt to cross the border while avoiding La Migra (border patrol) and staying hydrated. The place where every player dies is permanently recorded into the video game's world, represented by a skeleton. This universal symbol communicates where players should be careful as well as simulates the large death toll claimed by Mexico's deserts.

Check out the exhibition here!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Illegal border crossings a 'crisis' – union head

Illegal migrants crossing Canada’s borders are hopping off planes in New York and busing directly north, says the head of Canada’s border agents union.

“There is a trend right now,” said Jean-Pierre Fortin, national president of the Customs and Immigration Union. “People are leaving from different countries and flying into New York City and they’re taking a bus.”

The bus lets them off at the northern most part of their route in upstate New York, Fortin said. Then they take a cab right up to the border and walk over.

This contradicts the narrative that illegal migrants entering Canada are fleeing President Donald Trump’s policies. “The Americans are well aware of what’s taking place right now,” says Fortin. “They’re not making it harder for them.”

It also suggests Canada’s lax border policy is encouraging individuals to sidestep this country’s immigration laws.

Other reports have stated that these immigrants had legal status in the USA and were not subject to deportation .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/13/soros-fellow-flees-country-while-wife-arrested-for-welfare-scam/

Fidelis Agbapuruonwu, a Nigerian immigrant is a lawyer and recipient of a prestigious Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans in 2001 and 2002 ( offers up to $90,000 for two years of graduate education) for immigrants has reportedly fled the U.S., possibly to Africa, as his wife faces criminal welfare fraud charges in Arlington, Va.
Fidelis Agbapuruonwu’s LinkedIn page, states that he worked most recently as an associate at the Washington, D.C., offices of Mayer Brown LLP, a top-tier, international law firm, NBC 4 reports. While there, he earned $1.5 million a year — a high salary for an associate-level attorney.
Helen Agbapuruonwu’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for early April. Police allege that Helen forged documents to illegally obtain public benefits like food stamps, also known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, and Medicaid for herself and four children.

rickyb

anti immigration:

where you go after people who are dirt poor who fled countries where life has lost its meaning because theres little to no justice.

so these people are criminals because they jumped the border, and it slowly makes the economy worse because it increases the supply of workers.

not a huge deal.

go after the banksters who destroyed the world economy or the government who commits mass terrorism with its bombs and drones everyday before you go after small fish immigrants.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Anyone who jumps the border is a criminal and has no respect for their new country's laws .
To reward them with anything except jail time is counter productive .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Anyone who jumps the border is a criminal and has no respect for their new country's laws .
I never understood how liberals / Democrats /progressives just skip over the "illegal" part of Illegal immigrants.

It will be fine

We really just need to go after the employers that hire them. E-verify is a very good, very easy system to check your employees documents. There's no excuse not to use it. Stop the hiring of illegal immigrants you'll dramatically slow illegal immigration.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We really just need to go after the employers that hire them. E-verify is a very good, very easy system to check your employees documents. There's no excuse not to use it. Stop the hiring of illegal immigrants you'll dramatically slow illegal immigration.
The excuse is it costs money. E-verify isn't free. Why should a small business pay to do the government's job for them?

Not to mention it's not really all that effective.

It will be fine

The excuse is it costs money. E-verify isn't free. Why should a small business pay to do the government's job for them?

Not to mention it's not really all that effective.
It's free. I use it for all my employees. When you put in a green card holder you even get a little picture that should match up with the green card your employee gave you. Employers already collect the info on an I-9. It takes about 3 minutes to punch it in to the website. There's no excuse not to use it.

It will be fine

Right, so if we implement laws to stop people from using them, they'll stop coming here. Works for drugs......

Wouldn't the more obvious solution be to make it easier to be legal in the first place?
We have the laws already, just need better enforcement. It's hard to audit cash transactions but I think everyone would prefer cracking down on businesses breaking the law over deporting people just looking for work. I'm fine with it being difficult to gain legal entry to work here. It's a privilege. We could probably reform the guest worker system to allow easier access for migrant farm workers, but I don't know enough about that system to say if it's too restrictive or not.