Immigration

rickyb

sounds like reagan is in favor of open immigration between mexico and us. im in favor of this between developed countries, not sure about less developed and developed but probably yes; never heard any guy talk about it specifically.

i can say immigration laws have ruined my life bc i wuda left here for EU or australia years ago. being born in a country or having relatives who were is a dumb reason to let ppl stay.

im sure its a capitalist conspiracy to take advantage of workers

Last edited:

rickyb

U.S. is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question

these guys suck. and why is he making so little as a prison guard???:

When Juan, the former soldier, received a letter from the State Department telling him it wasn’t convinced that he was a U.S. citizen, it requested a range of obscure documents — evidence of his mother’s prenatal care, his baptismal certificate, rental agreements from when he was a baby.

He managed to find some of those documents but weeks later received another denial. In a letter, the government said the information “did not establish your birth in the United States.”

“I thought to myself, you know, I’m going to have to seek legal help,” said Juan, who earns $13 an hour as a prison guard and expects to pay several thousand dollars in legal fees.

...Attorneys say these cases, where the government’s doubts about an official birth certificate lead to immigration detention, are increasingly common. “I’ve had probably 20 people who have been sent to the detention center — U.S. citizens,"

rickyb

u can whine about immigrants all day but if u dont have a clue and dont help out, then shame on u:

Global Trade Watch‏ @PCGTW Aug 30

Because of NAFTA, U.S agribusiness moved in & cheap American agricultural products flooded Mexico’s markets - 1.1 million small farmers & 1.4 million other dependent upon the farm sector were driven out of work, pushing them to immigrate to the U.S. http://bit.ly/2qtue0X

Dl4H9XSU4AAfM_y.jpg

Smashmouth

U.S. is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question

these guys suck. and why is he making so little as a prison guard???:

When Juan, the former soldier, received a letter from the State Department telling him it wasn’t convinced that he was a U.S. citizen, it requested a range of obscure documents — evidence of his mother’s prenatal care, his baptismal certificate, rental agreements from when he was a baby.

He managed to find some of those documents but weeks later received another denial. In a letter, the government said the information “did not establish your birth in the United States.”

“I thought to myself, you know, I’m going to have to seek legal help,” said Juan, who earns $13 an hour as a prison guard and expects to pay several thousand dollars in legal fees.

...Attorneys say these cases, where the government’s doubts about an official birth certificate lead to immigration detention, are increasingly common. “I’ve had probably 20 people who have been sent to the detention center — U.S. citizens,"

Yeah, Trump still cant let go of that birther belief, now hes questioning the general public!

Smashmouth

Snowflakes = New Birthers

Nope, not a snowflake, I dont worship either side. I think theyre all taking us for a ride! And to pigeon hole myself and say I have to believe a,b, and c if im a repub. or x,y and z if im a democrat is just plain ignorant. Im done being taken for a ride by these morons. They keep us arguing amongst ourselves while they get richer.

rickyb

Nope, not a snowflake, I dont worship either side. I think theyre all taking us for a ride! And to pigeon hole myself and say I have to believe a,b, and c if im a repub. or x,y and z if im a democrat is just plain ignorant. Im done being taken for a ride by these morons. They keep us arguing amongst ourselves while they get richer.
divide and conquer.

some ppl need a reminder

newfie

Thank God you've come here to save us from ourselves

vantexan

did ur family immigrate legally?
Mom's family was already here. But they were pretty lax. No border controls, no surveys, no filing of deeds at the courthouse. No courthouse either now that I think of it. When asked by early White explorers about all of this they were puzzled, kept saying "How?" Of course stupid explorers interpreted that as a greeting. Explorers from further north liked their song "Oh Canada" so much they took it back with them, eventually naming their country after the song. My family sued for royalties, still waiting on that one.

rickyb

Mom's family was already here. But they were pretty lax. No border controls, no surveys, no filing of deeds at the courthouse. No courthouse either now that I think of it. When asked by early White explorers about all of this they were puzzled, kept saying "How?" Of course stupid explorers interpreted that as a greeting. Explorers from further north liked their song "Oh Canada" so much they took it back with them, eventually naming their country after the song. My family sued for royalties, still waiting on that one.
moms family immigrated legally?