Immigration

cachmeifucan

Fine employers who hire illegal immigrants. It makes me upset I see the housekeeping people in my building are illegal. They make 11 dollars a hour for a job that is worth at least 13 or 14 to start. But then ups would have to pay the loaders more because the housekeeping people can't make more then upsers. So you see 1 way wages are depressed because illegal immigrants. And I'm sure every factory across America uses this strategy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
First time I believe I could agree with you. "The New Colossus" by Emma Lazarus.

Nothing else in U.S.A. has changed since 1883, either. Right?
Apparently when it comes to immigration not much has changed. Bigotry against the Irish and Chinese and Italians was rampant then. The poem was most likely a nod to that.

Now it's Hispanics that are the scapegoats. Nativism is nothing new.
1P5swOolQkerOVTYtqb2Og6 (1000x653).jpg

BrownArmy

Fine employers who hire illegal immigrants. It makes me upset I see the housekeeping people in my building are illegal. They make 11 dollars a hour for a job that is worth at least 13 or 14 to start. But then ups would have to pay the loaders more because the housekeeping people can't make more then upsers. So you see 1 way wages are depressed because illegal immigrants. And I'm sure every factory across America uses this strategy.

Are you saying UPS is hiring 'illegal' aliens?

I don't believe you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
well travelled friend of a friend specifically called out US border patrol as being one of the worst in the world

MAGA
What do you expect.....gift baskets of fruit???? Travel without your suitcase of belongings and what do you get for free????
It's KAG now !!

rickyb

El Salvador had a civil war. The Right won. The U.S. backed the Right who were willing to do brutal things. And did.
so election interference? and where these "brutal things" america was backing legal or illegal?

chomsky was going off about south american countries america ruined, comparing the medias propaganda for them depending on whether or not the govts were allied with america or not.

Last edited: