Immigration

Thebrownblob

love thy neighbour
Mis using scripture is satanic

Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Leviticus 19:18). In this verse the term "neighbor"is defined by the expression, "the children of my people." Here, and generally in the Old Testament, the term implies more than mere proximity; it means one related by the bond of nationality, a fellow-countryman, compatriot.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If the xenophobes had their way the same things would happen over here.
I’m curious. How is it that if a person is all for legal immigration and sees the benefits of it, but is against illegal immigration because it goes against the laws of our country and is a real drag on our country, is a xenophobe? Please explain because I don’t understand the rationale. Help me understand.

rickyb

Banned
Mis using scripture is satanic

Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Leviticus 19:18). In this verse the term "neighbor"is defined by the expression, "the children of my people." Here, and generally in the Old Testament, the term implies more than mere proximity; it means one related by the bond of nationality, a fellow-countryman, compatriot.

im quoting william barber

Thebrownblob

I’m curious. How is it that if a person is all for legal immigration and sees the benefits of it, but is against illegal immigration because it goes against the laws of our country and is a real drag on our country, is a xenophobe? Please explain because I don’t understand the rationale. Help me understand.
There’s no rationale, it’s gaslighting.

rickyb

Banned
Who do you think William Barber was quoting?
this is who is he

"William J. Barber II[1] (born August 30, 1963) is an American Protestant minister, social activist, professor in the Practice of Public Theology and Public Policy and founding director of the Center for Public Theology & Public Policy at Yale Divinity School.[2] He is the president and senior lecturer at Repairers of the Breach and co-chair of the Poor People's Campaign: A National Call for a Moral Revival. He also serves as a member of the national board of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and is the chair of its legislative political action committee. From 2006 to 2017, Barber served as president of the NAACP's North Carolina state chapter, the largest in the Southern United States and the second-largest in the United States.[3] He pastored Greenleaf Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Goldsboro, North Carolina, from 1993 to 2023.[2]"

the bible has a variety of interpretations

Box Ox

this is who is he

"William J. Barber II[1] (born August 30, 1963) is an American Protestant minister, social activist, professor in the Practice of Public Theology and Public Policy and founding director of the Center for Public Theology & Public Policy at Yale Divinity School.[2] He is the president and senior lecturer at Repairers of the Breach and co-chair of the Poor People's Campaign: A National Call for a Moral Revival. He also serves as a member of the national board of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and is the chair of its legislative political action committee. From 2006 to 2017, Barber served as president of the NAACP's North Carolina state chapter, the largest in the Southern United States and the second-largest in the United States.[3] He pastored Greenleaf Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Goldsboro, North Carolina, from 1993 to 2023.[2]"

Barber is one of those folks for which the leftist religion always takes priority over the Christian religion. So whenever the two are in conflict he'll filter the Christian religion through a leftist religious lens.

Thebrownblob

Barber is one of those folks for which the leftist religion always takes priority over the Christian religion. So whenever the two are in conflict he'll filter the Christian religion through a leftist religious lens.
When you mix politics and religion, all you get is politics

Box Ox

this is who is he

jesus was a progressive lol

Leftists and progressives aren't the same thing.

rickyb

Banned
1716569079567.png

Box Ox

Is the plight of a progressive to eventually become a leftist?

Nope. Progressives are what are commonly referred to as "normies". I consider myself a progressive in many ways. I believe in things like environmental protection, that healthcare is a human right (transing the kids is not healthcare), gay/lesbian rights and absolute free speech. Used to also support public education and publicly-funded science but those are more in the leftist camp these days due to the leftist takeover of both.

oldngray

nowhere special
Nope. Progressives are what are commonly referred to as "normies". I consider myself a progressive in many ways. I believe in things like environmental protection, that healthcare is a human right (transing the kids is not healthcare), gay/lesbian rights and absolute free speech. Used to also support public education and publicly-funded science but those are more in the leftist camp these days due to the leftist takeover of both.
I think many liberals started using the progressive tag to try to avoid negative connotations of how far left liberals were becoming.