Immigration

tourists24

Barber is one of those folks for which the leftist religion always takes priority over the Christian religion. So whenever the two are in conflict he'll filter the Christian religion through a leftist religious lens.
that's putting it lightly. Being from NC and following Barber's antics for years (check out all of his Moral Monday comedies), I can honestly say he's very little on true religion and heavy on politics (aka Rev Sharpton)

Box Ox

Is the plight of a progressive to eventually become a leftist?
Nope. Progressives are what are commonly referred to as "normies". I consider myself a progressive in many ways. I believe in things like environmental protection, that healthcare is a human right (transing the kids is not healthcare), gay/lesbian rights and absolute free speech. Used to also support public education and publicly-funded science but those are more in the leftist camp these days due to the leftist takeover of both.
I think many liberals started using the progressive tag to try to avoid negative connotations of how far left liberals were becoming.

It's useful as a self-descriptor. That after 3 years of Biden I'm no longer foaming at the mouth over Trump as I type on this forum or constantly obsessing over race is a pretty dead giveaway that I'm more of an old-school Democrat. Leftism requires continuous virtue signaling on both counts.

rickyb

Banned
that's putting it lightly. Being from NC and following Barber's antics for years (check out all of his Moral Monday comedies), I can honestly say he's very little on true religion and heavy on politics (aka Rev Sharpton)
im glad youve been paying attention to what matters and are getting some perspective

oldngray

nowhere special
You have no original ideas
Hedges Says.gif