Impeachment Trial of The Don

vantexan

I don’t want to vote for someone promising to make me wealthy. I don’t even vote for the people promising they’ll make the Christians treat me like they would anyone else or give lip service to my union job.

I vote for people I think will leave us alone and quit using the federal government as a giving tree, there to provide happiness and right all of societies wrongs.

Trump isn’t that guy and that’s why I didn’t vote for him and why I probably won’t vote for him again. I’m on and off the fence with the guy.
They all promise wealth and prosperity. The only problem I have with Trump's way to go about it is his incessant need to crow about his success while slamming his enemies. The man never shuts up. Sometimes it's great theater. A lot of times it's grating. But I do agree that the spending has to get under control only in today's environment the one thing that would insure his defeat is pulling back on spending. We've gotten too used to the government flowing the money and if they reduce the flow significantly people will scream like stuck pigs.

vantexan

He resigned. What do you think would of happened van?
Doesn't matter, he wasn't impeached. But if he had been it would have been bipartisan. This impeachment is a partisan hit job and if the Dems retain the House we'll probably see more of it. Very good chance they'll lose the House though.

Box Ox

And maybe Ukraine and Russia won’t interfere.

I can already hear the gears moving in Democratic minds over which countries would be good to blame in November if an absolute turd of a Democratic candidate is nominated and loses in November.

bbsam

Staff member
I can already hear the gears moving in Democratic minds over which countries would be good to blame in November if an absolute turd of a Democratic candidate is nominated and loses in November.
President Trump spent his entire 2016 campaign crying “RIGGED!!!”
What’s good for the goose....

Box Ox

President Trump spent his entire 2016 campaign crying “RIGGED!!!”
What’s good for the goose....

If Democrats wanna beat Trump, they can do the tenacious and ruthless tough guy/girl (if those terms aren’t too offensive) thing. The base would get it. Fight fire with Fire.

But the conspiracy theory thing probably wouldn’t go down as well. Even center-left folks don’t enjoy that like more conservative religious folks who enjoy a good fairy tale do.

bbsam

Staff member
If Democrats wanna beat Trump, they can do the tenacious and ruthless tough guy/girl (if those terms aren’t too offensive) thing. The base would get it. Fight fire with Fire.

But the conspiracy theory thing probably wouldn’t go down as well. Even center-left folks don’t enjoy that like more conservative religious folks who enjoy a good fairy tale do.
C’mon Ox. There’s more than theory here. A lot more.

bbsam

Staff member

C’mon Ox. There’s more than theory here. A lot more.
Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump's Senate impeachment trial -- What does it take to remove a president?

Box Ox

“Hence, his public denunciations of his Senate trial as a charade, a joke and a hoax. His trial is not a charade or a joke or a hoax. It is deadly serious business based on well-established constitutional norms.”

If the Democrats actually considered this impeachment a deadly serious business they would have gathered more evidence against Trump in the House before sending impeachment articles to the Senate instead of trying to get the Senate/jury to gather that evidence for them.

bbsam

Staff member
“Hence, his public denunciations of his Senate trial as a charade, a joke and a hoax. His trial is not a charade or a joke or a hoax. It is deadly serious business based on well-established constitutional norms.”

If the Democrats actually considered this impeachment a deadly serious business they would have gathered more evidence against Trump in the House before sending impeachment articles to the Senate instead of trying to get the Senate/jury to gather that evidence for them.
Napoliano covers all of that. But if you want to hold fast to your Republican talking points, that is indeed your right.

vantexan

It's amazing to me that Biden and his son are clearly corrupt and yet Trump is being impeached for putting some pressure on a foreign government to look into the matter. We have Congressmen talking about how withholding aid endangered an ally when the previous administration refused to even give military aid. Our previous president was caught on an open microphone saying tell Vladimir to be patient until after the election. It was his last election and he'd have a lot more flexibility after winning it. So a president is working with Vladimir Putin and refusing to help Ukraine and that president isn't Donald Trump. Meanwhile that president's second in command is in charge of administration policy in Ukraine and China and amazingly his son is given incredibly lucrative deals in those countries. Yet here we are smearing Trump as a danger to the republic. Yeah, I hope the fix is in with the Republican senators to clear Trump. Because the fix has been in with the Democrats to destroy Trump from even before the election. All this hand wringing about how we must stop the evil Trump from destroying our democracy is B.S.

Box Ox

Napoliano covers all of that. But if you want to hold fast to your Republican talking points, that is indeed your right.

Napolitano has been slapping his salami on screen and online to the idea of Trump going down ever since both he and I thought Mueller had him on Russian collusion.

I think Trump totally did this one. But House Democrats botched it when they had their chance.

bbsam

Staff member
Napolitano has been slapping his salami on screen and online to the idea of Trump going down ever since both he and I thought Mueller had him on Russian collusion.

I think Trump totally did this one. But House Democrats botched it when they had their chance.
Democrats didn’t have a chance at removal but only because the Senate is working with the White House to prevent it. That’s not democrats botching it.