In-cab cameras?

Exec32

The difference is the contract states I will provide proof that I am legally compliant. Apples to oranges. One I am required to provide if requested and one I am not.
Victims? They allowed themselves to be victims. They could have said no. They chose to install them rather than fight over it.
Legally compliant to who, and under what regulation?
Just saying,,,,,im not familiar with your contract, but I have to CAREFULLY read every word in mine, and often the TM intentionally intetperts the language to mean something that's not there.
As far as II'm concerned it would be "LEGALLY COMPLIANT TO MY POLICIES"

bacha29

The Ground drivers on my route drive like a bat out of hell on the back roads. I've already almost had two head-on collisions because they come flying around curves on my side of the road.
The reason for doing so is simple. Most contractor employed drivers are payed on a per diem basis. It's not their truck so they don't care how badly they are abused If the truck can't take it so what ? The contractor has to provide them with another one. If it all pays the same then who wouldn't want to get done in the shortest possible time? Same thing if they are paid on a per stop basis, more stops more money and with the ongoing rate cutting the wrecks will continue to pile up.

bacha29

Just saying,,,,,im not familiar with your contract, but I have to CAREFULLY read every word in mine, and often the TM intentionally intetperts the language to mean something that's not there.
Again, Nothing's binding upon that company. Anybody thinking about getting more routes putting more capital at risk simply cannot afford to ignore that fact. It is for that very reason is why I stayed single route. They do whatever they damn well please with complete disregard for the fact that you have money invested .

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The reason for doing so is simple. Most contractor employed drivers are payed on a per diem basis. It's not their truck so they don't care how badly they are abused If the truck can't take it so what ? The contractor has to provide them with another one. If it all pays the same then who wouldn't want to get done in the shortest possible time? Same thing if they are paid on a per stop basis, more stops more money and with the ongoing rate cutting the wrecks will continue to pile up.
Can't get paid if one dies in a head-on collision.

bacha29

Can't get paid if one dies in a head-on collision.
Indeed, but the nature of the compensation package raises that risk considerably but in the interest of earning a livable paycheck the poor bloke in the cab has to take that much higher risk. Needles to say the elevated risk factors inevitably falls back to a contractor under pressure to produce more for the same or in some cases less money.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Indeed, but the nature of the compensation package raises that risk considerably but in the interest of earning a livable paycheck the poor bloke in the cab has to take that much higher risk. Needles to say the elevated risk factors inevitably falls back to a contractor under pressure to produce more for the same or in some cases less money.
Yeah, I have no sympathy when they're putting mine and others' lives at risk.

Express Courier

I had a ground driver wave me down one time in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road. Thought he was in trouble. Dude came straight at me about how I was making dust on the road and wrote down my vehicle number lol. Russian guy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had a ground driver wave me down one time in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road. Thought he was in trouble. Dude came straight at me about how I was making dust on the road and wrote down my vehicle number lol. Russian guy.
I had one stop yesterday and apologize because he ran a stop sign and cut me off. Lol.

STFXG

Addendum 16. If you've read and understand your entire contract then you know what I'm talking about. If you're ISP it might be a different section. "CONTRACTOR AS A CORPORATE ENTITY AND EMPLOYER". I'm sure yours is worded the same.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Dash cams may not be a bad idea. It would show who is responsible for accidents.
If you drive a Sprinter for Express, you may already have an in-cab camera. Carefully look on your back-up monitor next to the speaker on the bottom left. See that little lens? Suspicious, no?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you drive a Sprinter for Express, you may already have an in-cab camera. Carefully look on your back-up monitor next to the speaker on the bottom left. See that little lens? Suspicious, no?
And if you do, rub a small amount of Vaseline all over it.

McFeely

Huge Member

No. See item #3.

Functions_-_Weldex_WDRV-5063M_Owner_s_Manual_[Page_8]_-_2016-07-31_12.21.jpg