Increase Teamster Membership

Heavy Package

Seems to me that the Teamsters should be working on unionizing FedEx, Amazon, and converting RTW states to Teamsters...What is being done and why the dragging of feet ?

I went to FedEx and tried to unionize their home delivery drivers. I was turned away by people yelling Spanglish at me. I did try, though.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
are there any white power groups in Norcal I can join???

My daughter lives in Idaho and she said they are all over up there.

meritocracy

Thank God. That other union flopped
Apparently a major roadblock for RWDSU in unionizing Amazon in Bessemer was that Amazon could easily show workers a bunch of dogsh-t RWDSU contracts with other employers to convince them to vote no. We've gotta raise wages for part-timers and get a lot more 22.3 jobs if we want to be able to convince Amazon workers it'll be worth it.

freehoodies

Too many Teamster members and retirees voting for RTW republicans.
Solid blue WA state is a RTW state.

Trump helped the union MEMBERS out a ton. Theres a reason union employees are overwhelmingly Trump supporters. (Not republican, Trump supporters hate republicans for the most part)

Look at the oil industry/pipelaying union employees kicked onto unemployment the second kidsniffer got in.

542thruNthru

Solid blue WA state is a RTW state.

Trump helped the union MEMBERS out a ton. Theres a reason union employees are overwhelmingly Trump supporters. (Not republican, Trump supporters hate republicans for the most part)

Look at the oil industry/pipelaying union employees kicked onto unemployment the second kidsniffer got in.
Yeah.... You know who John Ring is right?...

freehoodies

Yeah.... You know who John Ring is right?...
Google says hes an NLRB pick by Trump. Not much about him but a surprisingly small amount of hit pieces by democrats and one lukewarm article by an a pro business website.

Did he do something groundbreaking I should know about?

After the astroturfed outrage machine attacking everything from net neutrality to two scoops of ice cream its honestly going to be hard to believe much of anything negative about him unless it comes from a non left source. But ill try to keep an open mind.

M

MenInBrown

Too many Teamster members and retirees voting for RTW republicans.
There lies the problem. Now ask yourself why they would do that? My biggest issue is I don’t see how you can be pro worker but anti business? How many Republicans will get union votes from the pipelines that Biden shutdown? Seems to me more people need to start holding a little value to their vote. Demand more. We’re being sold short.

M

MenInBrown

I think unions in general, not just Teamsters, need to make a push to have a strong presence in public schools. Tech companies got their grubby paws all in there, why can't unions? Well, we need friends of labor in office that run the schools. In order for that to happen, we need to vote. Tough to get people to vote these days no matter how easy it is, right?
We need to organize those young minds, but it's a slow process that needs strong commitment, dedication, and voters. The anti-labor agenda has been creeping into our schools for decades while sneakily pushing out labor's accomplishments and acknowedgement of existence. It's a long process that can't be fixed overnight and tough to do when no one can put aside their differences.
Teamsters can’t even stand up to UPS and you want these fruitcakes in your school? GTFOH with that sheet.

Yolo

Apparently a major roadblock for RWDSU in unionizing Amazon in Bessemer was that Amazon could easily show workers a bunch of dogsh-t RWDSU contracts with other employers to convince them to vote no. We've gotta raise wages for part-timers and get a lot more 22.3 jobs if we want to be able to convince Amazon workers it'll be worth it.

We gotta get part timers insurance again too. 9 months wait for health insurance is insane.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
We gotta get part timers insurance again too. 9 months wait for health insurance is insane.
I'm fine with the 9 month wait, tbh.
Decrease that, and we'll start getting more pregnant chicks looking for UPS to pay birthing costs.

I think strengthening and making the tuition reimbursement program more nationally available, that would start bringing in better people.

We can't create good new drivers when we are picking from a bunch of burnouts with no work ethic.

I'm fine with the 9 month wait, tbh.
Decrease that, and we'll start getting more pregnant chicks looking for UPS to pay birthing costs.

I think strengthening and making the tuition reimbursement program more nationally available, that would start bringing in better people.

We can't create good new drivers when we are picking from a bunch of burnouts with no work ethic.
Or maybe some paid time off or paid holiday before a year that would be helpful

BeefiestMass

You ever get off your ass and go help out your locals organizer? I bet you've never even been to a general membership meeting or at the most can count how many times you have on one hand.
Tbf they seem to make this pretty difficult a lot of places. My steward is usually unresponsive. The union hall itself is like an hour away and meetings happen while I'm still on route. I had to do a lot of leg and phone work just to join and start paying dues.

542thruNthru

Tbf they seem to make this pretty difficult a lot of places. My steward is usually unresponsive. The union hall itself is like an hour away and meetings happen while I'm still on route. I had to do a lot of leg and phone work just to join and start paying dues.
What time are your local meetings? I use 8 hour requeststo make mine.

Every local is different as long as stewards but saying the teamsters are not trying to organize is BS.