Indiana-Is a great place to be a bigot....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If I owned a bakery and a gay couple wanted to buy a cake.....fine.

If they wanted me to cater the desserts for the wedding.....fine.

If the KKK wanted a cake.......fine.

If the KKK wanted me to cater their event......no.

If the KKK wanted me to decorate the cake with a racist sentiment.......no.

It should be my right as a business owner to run my business as I see fit.
Once again, I AM AGREEING WITH YOU.
They have had that right all along, even before this law.
So what was the point of this law? Was the point to get an anti-discrimination law that includes sexual orientation? Because that will be the end result of Pence's actions.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So what was the point of this law? Was the point to get an anti-discrimination law that includes sexual orientation? Because that will be the end result of Pence's actions.
If the law makes no real difference, then why all the fuss?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The point that Jews are smarter than every other Democrats?
I'm not sure if you're too dense to see the connection, or if you're just refusing to acknowledge it.
Israel is a Jewish country. Israel opposes the deal. The senators are Jewish. The senators oppose this deal.

Now certainly Jewish people are capable of coming to their own independent conclusions regarding the issue. However, considering a typical democrat's undying support of Obama, I don't see this as some huge coincidence.

Overpaid Union Thug

Maybe. Or maybe he was just trying to pander to his base in lieu of their ban on gay marriage being struck down. The people he had with him at the signing of the bill would certainly suggest that is the case.
Either way, there's no denying that it backfired.... big time.

The fact that it backfired is the problem. If they truly had it right all along then why the backlash? Apparently too many people didn't think it was right. If they did they would have brushed off the addition as redundant nonsense.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The fact that it backfired is the problem. If they truly had it right all along then why the backlash? Apparently too many people didn't think it was right. If they did they would have brushed off the addition as redundant nonsense.
I agree. Personally I think as long as we define people's rights by the group they belong to, we'll always have one group with more or less rights than another.
I'm not sure Pence even knew what he was getting himself into when he got in bed with the ultra-conservatives who wanted this bill passed. He probably learned a lesson about the influence the LGBT community has though. It's called a hot-button issue for a reason, don't push the button unless you can handle the reaction.

Overpaid Union Thug

I agree. Personally I think as long as we define people's rights by the group they belong to, we'll always have one group with more or less rights than another.
I'm not sure Pence even knew what he was getting himself into when he got in bed with the ultra-conservatives who wanted this bill passed. He probably learned a lesson about the influence the LGBT community has though. It's called a hot-button issue for a reason, don't push the button unless you can handle the reaction.
I do believe in protecting rights. But forcing someone to do something that is against their religion is violating their rights and not the other side's. This whole thing is being approached by the gays and their supporters as if the gay's rights are being trampled when they are not. If they walked into the same pizzeria and were denied any other service that is offered because they were gay then I can see the problem. But that's not what happened. I do believe a business owner should have the right to refuse service in certain situations. To avoid them violating their religious beliefs is one of them.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why did the libtards go to war over this stupid issue?
First off, you're use of the word (re)tard is archaic, you're living in the past man.
Second, your attempt to associate that word with liberals is insulting to people with intellectual disabilities. It also distracts from your question and explains a lot about why you're in the moderator's queue.

In regards to the substance of your question, I'd say if you look at who Pence had present when he signed this bill you will see that he is the one who pushed the hot-button on this issue, whether he realized it or not.

realbrown1

Your mistake is you keep blaming Pense.

It was the :censored2:s that went to war over this.

But I don't see the :censored2:s protesting outside any muslim bakeries or even Islamic nations embassies

You do know what muslims do with gay people?

realbrown1

First off, you're use of the word (re)tard is archaic, you're living in the past man.
Second, your attempt to associate that word with liberals is insulting to people with intellectual disabilities. It also distracts from your question and explains a lot about why you're in the moderator's queue.

In regards to the substance of your question, I'd say if you look at who Pence had present when he signed this bill you will see that he is the one who pushed the hot-button on this issue, whether he realized it or not.
Doesn't matter.

It was the :censored2:S that made this non-issue an issue.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do believe in protecting rights. But forcing someone to do something that is against their religion is violating their rights and not the other side's. This whole thing is being approached by the gays and their supporters as if the gay's rights are being trampled when they are not. If they walked into the same pizzeria and were denied any other service that is offered because they were gay then I can see the problem. But that's not what happened. I do believe a business owner should have the right to refuse service in certain situations. To avoid them violating their religious beliefs is one of them.
I agree, but I'm not sure what the need to bring their religious beliefs into is. Either they have the right to refuse service to anyone they want or not. Their religion should not be a part of it at all, the reason for denying service isn't of consequence to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your mistake is you keep blaming Pense.

It was the :censored2:s that went to eat over this.

But I don't see the :censored2:s protesting outside any muslim bakeries or even Islamic nations embassies

You do know what muslims do with gay people?

Man, are you slow on the draw. It doesn't matter what religion you are. You cannot refuse to serve someone who is gay based on your religious beliefs. If Mohammed the Muslim baker doesn't want to sell to gays, he gets nailed too.