Inflation

Channahon

Is UPS doing enough for its employee's? Are you still struggling with rising prices but earning the same Salary? are your interests being covered? Or do you feel your company is turning their heads and dodging this Topic.

Like all over the world people are suffering from increase in prices. Although this has been repeatdly brought to the attention of the management, nothing is being done. we are asked to wait until a survey is done either by the local government or an independent company. I don’t see that every happening and wil surely look to move from UPS. I hope our management can find a solution to this. I am waiting for some kind of light at the end of this tunnel and I do hope it doesn’t turn out to be a train.

What exactly do you think UPS should do?

Have you been to a mall lately and noticed any closings of stores, due to the economy? Wilson Leather, Sharper Image, Talbots, Anne Klein, etc?

Sharper Image left UPS with a 6.6 million dollars in shipping charges.

The country is in a recession, and Bush is sending every taxpayer and retiree a little bonus to stimulate the economy.

Oh wait, the oil companies have billion dollar profits, maybe they can lower gas prices and help UPS and the entire country cut down on one expense - gasoline. Because everything is costing more due to transportaion expense.

My heart goes out to the people who make a decent living or are retired, but just can't make ends meet anymore with food, gas and utilities prices spiraling out of control.

wyobill

Listen no one can complain about our wages and benefits. They are far above the industries competition.

What UPS could improve on is reality on production standards
and get off this termination mindset. Time studies on routes are a joke. If my center manager can't run scratch on my route then don't ask
me to do something that you can't do. I'd like to see some IE
guy run my route under 1 hr over allowed.

Terminations are also an overkill and make UPS a grizzly company to work for. In my 26 yrs every manager, supervisor
in our little 12 route center has been asked to leave or has been fired. I have seen many drivers sent down the road and this reflects badly on the companys reputation.

This is just my opinion and I'm retiring with just 13 work days left.

:happy2::happy2::happy2:

Griff

There was plenty of innuendo in this thread referencing blacks specifically. I'm not playing any card, I'm a white male and I have no cards to play. At least have the testicular fortitude to stand by what you believe and probably say behind closed doors.

There was plenty of innuendo in this thread referencing blacks specifically. I'm not playing any card, I'm a white male and I have no cards to play. At least have the testicular fortitude to stand by what you believe and probably say behind closed doors.

Where?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Its funny you mentioned how these section 8 people drive these high end cars. I was just mentioning to the other drivers that I have a low income high rise in my area that has more deliveries then you would think. I hate going there especially when its gets dark early, its just plain dang spooky!

stringerman85

Hmm you're assuming everyone in here is white then right? What do you call that?

blue efficacy

ERGGHH. "Wow hope you enjoy your Tbones, shrimp, babybackribs, (as big as your cart), and your children enjoy their pop, chips, candy, ice cream, cookies, and other wonderful junk foods. (dont worry in a few yrs I will fix their teeth also)
But thats Ok take your time, i barely have time to grab this head of lettuce so I can go home and eat a healthy dinner. Its 8 pm, but go ahead and get your 4 cartons of cigarettes, after you get your food stamp total, that will be 160.00 out of my hard earned tax dollars.and dont forget the beer and wine, another 45.00, Oh and yes I know you must play the lotto also, you are poor and you need to win the lotto... spend Oh I would say 80 dollars on scratch offs.
Ok its 820, my lettuce has wilted, and so has my spirit. you have spent more discretionary income in 20 minutes than I have all month. Your slimy, unruly children, have been rudely running through this aisle for 20 minutes, shoving me pushing me, no regard, or decency. No respect. And I have to go, so throw my lettuce away. After all tomorrow I have to go to work to pay for you rude, lazy, thoughless, "pooR" people . What a joke.
This is why the middle class is disappearing. We are giving it all to the "poor", and nothing left for us. Well we are not giving it, but its being taken from us.
You're blaming the poor when you should be blaming the rich. They're the ones destroying the middle class. The poor are struggling to just get by, while the rich are destroying good american jobs and lining their pockets with billions of dollars.

If it wasn't for the Teamsters, many of you unskilled truck drivers could just as easily end up unemployed and on food stamps. Sure lots of people on welfare are lazy and milking the system. But a lot of them aren't. It's unfair to generalize that these people are ALL scum of the earth looking for a handout. Especially in the current economy, many of these people are hard workers who are having some tough times through no fault of their own.

But go ahead and be ignorant, if it makes you feel better to think the poor people are using their TREMENDOUS INFLUENCE (in case you can't tell that's sarcasm) to dismantle the middle class, rather than the modern day robber barons profiting off of sending jobs overseas, you go right ahead.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I urge everyone here to take a moment to check out the following website:

fairtax.org

This is a powerful concept and now may be the time for our government to take a serious look at the fair tax to replace our current income tax system, which favors those who need the help the least and hurts those who need the help the most, with a system which more equally distributes the tax burden while ensuring the govt has enough money to operate. Take a few minutes to check out this site and I think you will find it to be enlightening.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You're blaming the poor when you should be blaming the rich. They're the ones destroying the middle class. The poor are struggling to just get by, while the rich are destroying good american jobs and lining their pockets with billions of dollars.

If it wasn't for the Teamsters, many of you unskilled truck drivers could just as easily end up unemployed and on food stamps. Sure lots of people on welfare are lazy and milking the system. But a lot of them aren't. It's unfair to generalize that these people are ALL scum of the earth looking for a handout. Especially in the current economy, many of these people are hard workers who are having some tough times through no fault of their own.
Im not unskilled,
But go ahead and be ignorant, if it makes you feel better to think the poor people are using their TREMENDOUS INFLUENCE (in case you can't tell that's sarcasm) to dismantle the middle class, rather than the modern day robber barons profiting off of sending jobs overseas, you go right ahead.

I am not unskilled, or ignorant. But you can think what you want.
Yes I feel terribly for those hit by loss of jobs, or lack of work in the area. Those are, or will be the truly poor, and anything they put away will get sucked up before they can get a nickels worth of help. The "poor" in this particular thread , are barely bothered by any of this recession crap. They pay the same next to nothing amount for housing, for heat, electric, medical , and food stamps are raised quickly to meet the need of changing economics.
They people driving escalades and on welfare are truly scamming the system. The people buying 80$ worth of lotto, at one stop, right after paying for that food, with stamps, is the person I will find a way to turn in. The person paying me in money orders for tires and wheels, 3000$ worth, then receiving his food stamp card the next day, is the one I will turn in.
The poor truly need help in how they handle their money, so they know what to do with it when they get it. Just like many government programs, they just want to throw money at it to fix it and it doesnt work.

I love the fair tax, love it, love it, love it!!!
But only in our dreams will it ever be a reality.

Recently child and family services had a 500,000 dollar surplus and gave gas cards to the needy. My first thought was, well maybe they take too much money out of my check if they have finally hit the point where they have too much of my money and find new and ingenious ways to redistribute the wealth.

My feeelings will never change, I dont care if you think Im mean, nasty, ignorant, racist, doesnt matter.
I have been poor, I know what poor is.
Poor people dont have clothes to wear, or a TV, or a phone. Or a car of any kind. That is poor. Not todays poor.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You are wrong, There are many of us who feel the same, people I work with, also, we discuss it all the time. Black and white, young and older. I have the testicular fortitude, as I am right and the system is wrong. And I dont say it behind closed doors, I say it when I see it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have the privilege of delivering to our local DSS office (welfare) and some of the things that I see are simply amazing. The sense of entitlement amongst these people astounds me. What kills me is when they look at me as if I am crazy for working my butt off. I just think to myself, "I work, so you don't have to!", and go about my day.

My daughter used to go to Catholic school and they used to let us work off part of our tuition by volunteering at bingo. I was always amazed at how much busier bingo was 1st of the month.

I hope that wasn't too racial (sarcasm fully intended).

browniehound

Maybe not, but they buy some groceries for a friend and the friend pays them cash and then they buy cigs. It's been done for years.:dissapointed:

Moreluck,
If they were caught doing this, this person's benefits should immediately be terminated and the person giving the cash for groceries should be fined, HEAVILY.

browniehound

I have the privilege of delivering to our local DSS office (welfare) and some of the things that I see are simply amazing. The sense of entitlement amongst these people astounds me. What kills me is when they look at me as if I am crazy for working my butt off. I just think to myself, "I work, so you don't have to!", and go about my day.

My daughter used to go to Catholic school and they used to let us work off part of our tuition by volunteering at bingo. I was always amazed at how much busier bingo was 1st of the month.

I almost want to say I respect organized crime more than these people. At least the are "earning" their money, LOL.

Seriously though these are the most loathesome people on the planet. I'm not talking about the ones that really need it. These people have my sympathy. But at the same time, I believe there are far too many people recieving them.

This is America where anybody can get some type of job. It may only be paying minimum wage, but it would be a job to lessen the burden of the taxpayers handouts. I'd feel a lot better if these people worked a minimum wage type job and then let welfare help them make ends meet.

filthpig

You're not a racist. You're a realist.

filthpig

Whole lot of racist garbage being spewed in this thread. Amazing how many people on this board continue to supply more fuel for the truck driver/blue collar stereotype. The average welfare child is white, has one sibling and an unmarried mother. Yes, that's right more white people are on welfare than black.
Yes, but a greater RATIO of blacks are on welfare than any other group. I'm pretty sure this is my fault. After all, I'm a white heterosexual Christian male who works every day (since I was 16) and pays his taxes and loves his wife and kids. Call me a racist if you want. I don't care. I consider myself a REALIST.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

My favorite thing about living in Chicago (not that this has anything to do with the city itself but I always saw it there) is when I passed the section 8 housing in this one suburban area... I counted 3 or 4 escalades at any given time upon passing.
My ex and I always commented on that.

The same man and woman always come into the UPS counter where I'm at to pick up loads of Nike shoes on occasion. They'll order like 8 or 10 pairs, having them shipped INTL air from China or whatever their overseas center is. I would imagine the sneakers and whatever shipping charges end up very big money.

They're from the housing projects not too far away and also the woman always drives over in a 2007 Lexus SUV and it's not a stripped down one. I would imagine this car is valued at more than some peoples homes.

Every time I see these types of people I just sit and wonder, maybe I'm doing things wrong here!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

This unskilled truck driver would NOT be unemployed and on foodstamps ever, because I would get my fat ass up every morning until I found another job.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

No one ever mentioned blacks. the reason you came to that conclusion is because you, just like everyone else posting on this thread can see whats going on around them. I say what I see and I'll say it in the open. Everyone knows it but wants to be politicly correct. I`m not a racist but how can you deny that its mostly african americans screwing the system.