Info Notices

govols019

You smell that?
We had an OMS that used to send me all the OCA's for a three county area so I could tell her who to send them to...she'd be in trouble now if that were the case.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I cant help myself on ODS messages, had them laughing upstairs. Isnt that what this job needs, a little inside humor to break up the constant unorganization
The responses I get for ODS are priceless sometimes. I love when they tell me I have to send a safety tip that day. I know I'm going to strike gold.

mrbrownstone

I'm confused as to when a customer is ever allowed to sign a delivery notice.

I always just write void on back and won't deliver a package without the customers sig.

I figure if they sign the delivery notice and I accept it I could get in trouble for not getting a real signature when I was supposed to.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm confused as to when a customer is ever allowed to sign a delivery notice.

I always just write void on back and won't deliver a package without the customers sig.

I figure if they sign the delivery notice and I accept it I could get in trouble for not getting a real signature when I was supposed to.

NEVER

You're doing it right

Correct again!

The info notice cannot be used for signature required packages but can be used for those areas where you do not feel comfortable driver releasing a package.

Neither of you are doing it right.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
He's talking about signature required packages. The customer can't sign the back of an info-notice and we leave it. A signature must be obtained in person for the package. I have already NDR but left a notice for the customer when I also didn't feel comfortable leaving a package.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I liked the wording on the old del. notice that said the driver must obtain a signature at the time of delivery and hand the package to a person.

AKCoverMan

I liked the wording on the old del. notice that said the driver must obtain a signature at the time of delivery and hand the package to a person.
Actually I like the new wording: "Someone must be here to accept delivery and sign for the package."

Seems pretty cut and dry but of course they sign the note anyway. They win another info note!

BTW someone should explain this to the call centers as well. Couple of weeks ago I come up on a signed info note on a sig required. I sighed and started filling out another info note when the customer came to the door. I told her I was glad she was hoe and explained why the signed info note would not work. She said she was specifically told to do that by the call center.

Bigger sigh.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Yeah I would think so too. I just think the new wording is more direct and it's the very first thing in the sentence.

You really can't win. Cross out the 2 places on the back and they will sign the front.

"Why did you think I voided the place to sign on the back of the notice."

S

selfcancelsignal

They should make it so signature required's can be released with a SDN. 21 & over's should become automatic will call's after NI1, but I'm just a dumb truck driver.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Actually I like the new wording: "Someone must be here to accept delivery and sign for the package."

Seems pretty cut and dry but of course they sign the note anyway. They win another info note!

BTW someone should explain this to the call centers as well. Couple of weeks ago I come up on a signed info note on a sig required. I sighed and started filling out another info note when the customer came to the door. I told her I was glad she was hoe and explained why the signed info note would not work. She said she was specifically told to do that by the call center.

Bigger sigh.
The call centers are people paid to just track packages and tell people it's on the way. They have no sense of what actually happens.