Information for transferring

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am a package car driver in NM. I would like to transfer to Round Rock, TX as an on-road sup. I do need some information about that position to see if its even a viable option. But, I am also hoping to receive legitimate consideration for the position. Can anyone offer a POC, advice, or answers to basic questions. Thanks in advance.

how good are you at salad tossing
You’re answer will decide your fate

I’m glad everyone is comfortable with my circumstance to know whats best for me or that they even know me. I was looking to ask questions to someone knowledgeable. This was obviously not the place. Just a bunch of ignorance out there. Happy to be the highlight of some your lives.

I’m glad everyone is comfortable with my circumstance to know whats best for me or that they even know me. I was looking to ask questions to someone knowledgeable. This was obviously not the place. Just a bunch of ignorance out there. Happy to be the highlight of some your lives.
Well son I think you might be making the biggest mistake of your life

SandSpida

You dont need to know. My family is my priority. PERIOD. Glad you’re on here to be helpful. Thanks man.
You spelled out “period” in a one word sentence and then ended it with a period? So if you included the sentence prior to your “period” sentence, you grammatically had 3 “periods” in a row. Congratulations, we’ve never witnessed that here on BC.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Calm down honey, if you have to go on the internets to find out how to be a supervisor
There’s a good chance they don’t want you

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
A friend of mine transferred as an On Car to Wisconsin from Nor Cal. What he had to do is personally scout out that region/district/building himself. Once he found a facility that was in need of an On Car he put in for a transfer. The leg work had to be done on the Wisconsin side because out in California they didn’t want to let him go. One benefit is that you transfer with the pay rate that you have if your pay zone pays a higher rate.

Guys on here are just giving you the hard truth, management today isn’t what is was 20 years ago and as I’m sure you already know, UPS sort of has a habit of eating it’s own.

Good luck with what ever you do.

A friend of mine transferred as an On Car to Wisconsin from Nor Cal. What he had to do is personally scout out that region/district/building himself. Once he found a facility that was in need of an On Car he put in for a transfer. The leg work had to be done on the Wisconsin side because out in California they didn’t want to let him go. One benefit is that you transfer with the pay rate that you have if your pay zone pays a higher rate.

Guys on here are just giving you the hard truth, management today isn’t what is was 20 years ago and as I’m sure you already know, UPS sort of has a habit of eating it’s own.

Good luck with what ever you do.
And I’m not even positive that transferring is an option that works for me. But, I do owe it to my family to do some research. If not, I’m comfortable continuing as a driver where I’m at. Thanks for contributing something informative.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
And I’m not even positive that transferring is an option that works for me. But, I do owe it to my family to do some research. If not, I’m comfortable continuing as a driver where I’m at. Thanks for contributing something informative.
The flak you’re getting here will be the norm if you go ORS. You should know that, you’ve been driving for 5 years. I don’t know many on roads that don’t have some sort of substance abuse problem. Whether you choose to see it or not, we are trying to stop you from making the biggest mistake of your professional life.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
You're always on the clock when your management.
My supervisor is less than thrilled when he got shipped out for 3 months during the pandemic to help the other centers out. You don't have a choice when that kind of stuff happens.
True one of our old supervisors got put in Vermont at the worst of the backlog. Never been there a day in his life but here's a truck, board and 300 stops. Good luck. Another one got sent to Florida after a hurricane. OP if you read this you will not have more time with your family as an ORS. you will drastically less time. Can't tell you how many times I'm walking out at 1730 and the supervisor is bitching because he's stuck until 8.

Whereistheunion

I am a package car driver in NM. I would like to transfer to Round Rock, TX as an on-road sup. I do need some information about that position to see if its even a viable option. But, I am also hoping to receive legitimate consideration for the position. Can anyone offer a POC, advice, or answers to basic questions. Thanks in advance.
I can only imagine our robotic human resources can't help with this. I would assume your current business manager should have some answers. I doubt if you get your questions answered in our UPS Night bar forum.

BrownSnowFlake

True one of our old supervisors got put in Vermont at the worst of the backlog. Never been there a day in his life but here's a truck, board and 300 stops. Good luck. Another one got sent to Florida after a hurricane. OP if you read this you will not have more time with your family as an ORS. you will drastically less time. Can't tell you how many times I'm walking out at 1730 and the supervisor is bitching because he's stuck until 8.
The ORS I trained with got told on a Friday afternoon to work in Detroit on Saturday morning (we are not in Michigan). She has since left the company