Information for transferring

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I’m glad everyone is comfortable with my circumstance to know whats best for me or that they even know me. I was looking to ask questions to someone knowledgeable. This was obviously not the place. Just a bunch of ignorance out there. Happy to be the highlight of some your lives.
You are a 5 year driver...

Came to the interwebs for questions about your real life decisions...

Haven't made any real life contacts in your building to get real life answers from...

Wants to be a supe...

Cries when confronted...

tenor.gif

Cowboy Mac

I am FT driver here in Texas. I think it’s great that you want to move to Texas. Lots of opportunity here. I can think of 3 drivers in my center, off the top of my head, who were UPS drivers in other parts of the country.

They quit, moved to Texas, re-applied, and started all over again day one on the preload. They are all top rate drivers now, but if you ask them their only regret is not making the move sooner.

I would NOT go into management in order to move because you might get to Austin only to be moved again in a few years. Only then maybe you are ready to put down roots in Austin and you will be forced to move to another city or commute. I have seen this happen more than once to ORS and Center Managers.

UPS to center manager: “We have a division manager position available and we like you for that position. It is only 10 hours away and in another state. We need to hear from you by the end of the week.” Are you ready for these kinds of choices?