Injured at work

Chrisss

Quick summery, me and 3 other loaders were in a truck loading packages. Suddenly the trailer was being hooked up and in less then 30 seconds the trailer takes off with us 4 in the trailer. A large box laying against the wall hit my lower back. Now my back is bothering me. Told my full time supervisor that if it bothers me tomorrow I will be seeing a doctor. What should I do ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Quick summery, me and 3 other loaders were in a truck loading packages. Suddenly the trailer was being hooked up and in less then 30 seconds the trailer takes off with us 4 in the trailer. A large box laying against the wall hit my lower back. Now my back is bothering me. Told my full time supervisor that if it bothers me tomorrow I will be seeing a doctor. What should I do ?
You should absolutely go to the doctor.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Have your supervisor take you to the doctor.

Indecisi0n

See a doctor asap. The longer you wait the harder it will be for you to file a claim . Also let your rep know what happens if he doesn't already know .

Chrisss

See a doctor asap. The longer you wait the harder it will be for you to file a claim . Also let your rep know what happens if he doesn't already know .
Ok I will also talk to a rep. I’m 13 months into ups and don’t really know my reps but I will ask around and find one.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You need to seek legal representation asap! Put on a neck brace and get a cane to ease the pain. Do you see that smudge on your xray? That is permanent damage worthy of a huge settlement.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I used to love the ride through the yard. The sound of crashing rollers was always an added bonus!

trickpony1

I see guys do it all the time at a certain hub where called down doors almost always have people in them . It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt .

The PT supes think they can predict when a shifter will get there so they call it down before it's down.

Happens occasionally at my hub.

But guess who's fault it is??
Not the PT supe who called it down....

ManInBrown

I see guys do it all the time at a certain hub where called down doors almost always have people in them . It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt .
Worse thing a feeder driver or shifter can do. Far as im concerned anyone that doesnt confirm trailer door is down before pulling should be fired. No questions asked. someone that does something like that has no business being a feeder driver.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Worse thing a feeder driver or shifter can do. Far as im concerned anyone that doesnt confirm trailer door is down before pulling should be fired. No questions asked. someone that does something like that has no business being a feeder driver.
Not all is what it seems sometimes. My son (feeder yard control) sealed a trailer and told the driver who was standing outside the door, to pull it off. My son walked away. Full time sup walked over, untwisted the seal, raised the door to put some stragglers in. The driver did what I've done thousands of times. He drove off the door and headed for the gate. He heard banging on the trailer and people hollering at him. Luckily, nobody got hurt. Full time supe got his ass in a bind over it. Hub initially tried to blame the driver, but at this hub, there are cameras on every door. Yard control reviewed the footage. Oops.

Indecisi0n

Not all is what it seems sometimes. My son (feeder yard control) sealed a trailer and told the driver who was standing outside the door, to pull it off. My son walked away. Full time sup walked over, untwisted the seal, raised to door to put some stragglers in. The driver did what I've done thousands of times. He drove off the door and headed for the gate. He heard banging on the trailer and people hollering at him. Luckily, nobody got hurt. Full time supe got his ass in a bind over it.
It's all on camera. As long as it shows you doing everything correctly then you are good. I've walked into the building and told sup I was pulling swing doors and closed building door. I walked to tractor and pulled and someone had jumped in while I was walking around the building. That guy got in trouble as well as the sup. Not a word was said to me.

I will try and seal the door myself before pulling it if I can.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It's all on camera. As long as it shows you doing everything correctly then you are good. I've walked into the building and told sup I was pulling swing doors and closed building door. I walked to tractor and pulled and someone had jumped in while I was walking around the building. That guy got in trouble as well as the sup. Not a word was said to me.
Yeah, I added a couple of more sentences to my reply. Same thing happened here.

ManInBrown

Not all is what it seems sometimes. My son (feeder yard control) sealed a trailer and told the driver who was standing outside the door, to pull it off. My son walked away. Full time sup walked over, untwisted the seal, raised the door to put some stragglers in. The driver did what I've done thousands of times. He drove off the door and headed for the gate. He heard banging on the trailer and people hollering at him. Luckily, nobody got hurt. Full time supe got his ass in a bind over it. Hub initially tried to blame the driver, but at this hub, there are cameras on every door. Yard control reviewed the footage. Oops.
Please stop. Of course every once in a while something crazy like this will happen. Ive also never one time, seen a loader actually go inside the trailer to put stragglers in. They toss them from outside. This loader stepped all the way inside the trailer to put a few stragglers in?