Injured on the job

Re-Raise

For TAW you sit in an office and do nothing, but being bored out of your mind.
I used ods-e to watch drivers. Answered the phones...probably lost a few customers.. Whenever the drivers would call in they would ask for me, just because they thought it was funny to try to make me do something. I also figured out on ny own how to send diad messages. That was fun until they put a stop to it.

RiskyBusiness

They would move you out of it before that happened, but yes if someone filed on it.
just spoke with my shop steward and he said that's not possible for my position because it's in the warehouse and only part time. I recently spoke with the UPS nurse to ask why im still on TAW after 60 days and she said wasn't aware of that and she'll look into it.. smh. I haven't gotten better since i've been on TAW or when i completed my PT, who else can I talk to regarding my situation? I just would like to know who is filing extensions on my behalf for TAW when I'm closing in on two months and why they think it's beneficial to my health.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459911633.862993.jpg

Time to lawyer up

trickpony1

The OP may want to consider two things:
1) the company may have you on a "work hardening" program and didn't bother to tell you. This program, usually with the advice of a physical therapist, is designed to gradually strengthen and condition you to perform the full job description and:

2) by letting you work, however menial it may be, they don't have to report a "lost time" injury to the Feds.

Don't wake up a sleeping dog.....it might bite you. The more crap you stir up by bringing attention to yourself, the more chances of the result not being in your favor.

35years

Gravy route
The OP may want to consider two things:
1) the company may have you on a "work hardening" program and didn't bother to tell you. This program, usually with the advice of a physical therapist, is designed to gradually strengthen and condition you to perform the full job description and:

2) by letting you work, however menial it may be, they don't have to report a "lost time" injury to the Feds.

Don't wake up a sleeping dog.....it might bite you. The more crap you stir up by bringing attention to yourself, the more chances of the result not being in your favor.
He had better call his State workman's comp hotline and get some real answers or he may find himself with a permanent injury and no paycheck. They are probally hiding his workers comp injury like you say. He will be the looser in this situation if he does not straiten it out now.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
just spoke with my shop steward and he said that's not possible for my position because it's in the warehouse and only part time. I recently spoke with the UPS nurse to ask why im still on TAW after 60 days and she said wasn't aware of that and she'll look into it.. smh. I haven't gotten better since i've been on TAW or when i completed my PT, who else can I talk to regarding my situation? I just would like to know who is filing extensions on my behalf for TAW when I'm closing in on two months and why they think it's beneficial to my health.
I wonder if the ups "nurse" has a little crush on you and really doesn't plan on releasing you....ever lol

pkgdriver

You hear the pigs talking sh/t about the drivers all day....
Not too long ago...one of these type OMS tried to do their 30 days to become an On Road. It was the biggest crash and burn Ive seen in my 29yrs on a very cake route. Many smiles were had from the driver group.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He had better call his State workman's comp hotline and get some real answers or he may find himself with a permanent injury and no paycheck. They are probally hiding his workers comp injury like you say. He will be the looser in this situation if he does not straiten it out now.

They are not trying to hide his injury. They only have to report it if it is a lost time injury. And it is reported to OSHA, not workers comp.

Now, they will go to far extremes to keep it from being a lost time injury and reportable, but there should be a paper trail and an injury report filled out. This will cover him in regards to workers comp.

As long as he is working, it is not a lost time injury and is not reportable. Hence, he is still working "light duty."

Dr.Brownz

I'm a bit confused on this matter, yes i filed for worker's comp and have been on TAW since injury and file date. Disability is when there is no work available correct?

Maybe they are afraid you will sue them. Maybe they see something they slipped up on that you could fry them for.

If UPS is making special deals, you know it's because they are trying to hide a major violation, something like an OSHA violation for example. OR? Was your injury due to some piece of UPS equipment breaking? Basically is there any way you could blame UPS for your injury? I would reveal those details here but just think about it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Maybe they are afraid you will sue them. Maybe they see something they slipped up on that you could fry them for.

If UPS is making special deals, you know it's because they are trying to hide a major violation, something like an OSHA violation for example. OR? Was your injury due to some piece of UPS equipment breaking? Basically is there any way you could blame UPS for your injury? I would reveal those details here but just think about it.

I doubt it.

UPS will keep someone on TAW as long as they possibly can to keep from reporting a lost time injury.

If it is a lost time injury, they will be paying him to sit at home anyway. They would rather keep him on TAW, even if it just means sitting in an office coloring, and avoid a lost time injury.

They will keep him on TAW as long as the local union allows it.