Injury worse than I thought

What article is the 9 to 5 list under?
Ym5hHxX2HjMBO.gif

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
i know I could go feeder, but that is not me, I get extremely sleepy when sitting for long periods, I am afraid I would be a danger in that position. .
Most feeder jobs are only 1 to 2 hrs driving between stops.
I have 5hrs drive time broken up into 4 stops and 2.5 hrs of downtime.
Also coffee.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
They won't let you go back to part time working inside and you really don't have any seniority to bid an easier job.
That's wrong in many ways. The contract and the ADA handles this. You will need to hire an attorney , file grievances and charges under ada, eoc and etc. Believe that. It may take a long time and UPS and the union are terrible, but something will happen eventually.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Oh yeah, I was a hard worker and they would pile it on me. I was in great shape, never thought I would go down. I do not mind working hard, but when it takes this toll on my body, yeah I got the picture now. The day I got hurt they stuck me with 30 more stops than the normal driver on the route has. I was blind on the route to boot! What sucks is, the folks that would slack off got it easy. Those of us that work hard, always knew we were the ones that would get screwed. The sups loved me because of my work ethic and ability. I hope they will like me when I return, but I am not going to be that guy that breaks his back any longer.
We learn the hard way in this job and normally pain is associated with it.
Your supes love you because they can use your body and mental vulnerability to bolster their bonus.
Hopefully this thread wakes other heroes up.

Indecisi0n

Hi,
I was injured while on package car, got an MRI and there are several other issues the MRI brought to light such as Herniated disc and some joint issues where hip joint is rubbing on bone, water on joint, and some others issues that were not expected and have compounded my injury. My question is if the doctor tells me that this will only get worse with this job what can be done? I like my job and pay, but I do not want to be in physical pain the rest of my life or become where it is even hard to walk. It is already hurting to walk BTW. I know I could go feeder, but that is not me, I get extremely sleepy when sitting for long periods, I am afraid I would be a danger in that position. Could I revert back to working in the HUB and keep my pay rate? Could I maybe run some less demanding routes? I am just trying to figure out all options before I speak with Supervisor on the issue. I am really not sure what to do, if I lost this job, it would be nearly impossible to find something I could do that pays this good.
Well good thing it's your first week here. Not too much longer to go.

cachmeifucan

Since you got a mri what is the diagnosis? Why did you return to work. Did you see your own doctor. Ups doctor rarely is honest about injuries and giving restrictions. You should of saw a doctor got physical therapy. Light duty is available for workman comp cases

cachmeifucan

Yes 15 years pt but when you're ft they have to offer new jobs to existing ft employees. I guess different areas. That sucks I'd get second opinion have doc put you on restrictions and light duty collect workers compensation get healthy come back repeat retire

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes 15 years pt but when you're ft they have to offer new jobs to existing ft employees. I guess different areas. That sucks I'd get second opinion have doc put you on restrictions and light duty collect workers compensation get healthy come back repeat retire
Read my post again. I said 15 years FT

beatupbrown

If you been working at the brown turd for many many moons you have trashed your body slinging packages .The world is not over but can be scary get more info on everything .