Inputting room and floor on diad

Cowboy Mac

Isn't the room number and floor one in the same? I mean isn't room 626 on the 6th floor and 832 on the 8th floor?. They were where I delivered. Then again the tallest building on my route was 3 stories. :-)
Some building only have floors and no suite numbers on those floors. I always type in what the address label says. For example one building may be addressed 100 A St Floor 3. Vs another building 193 A St May have a 302, 304, and 306 all on the third floor.

JustDeliverIt

Isn't the room number and floor one in the same? I mean isn't room 626 on the 6th floor and 832 on the 8th floor?. They were where I delivered. Then again the tallest building on my route was 3 stories. :-)

It’s true for any apartments that I’ve delivered to, but there is a spot in the board for you to enter both. I do it just for accuracy like others have said.

Methods Man

I was told if a package ever got stolen and you don’t input an apartment number UPS automatically has to pay out the claim… Not sure if that’s true , but more information the better I suppose.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's really damned if you do damned if you don't.

Putting in extra information that the bid driver might skip over will make you appear more underallowed than the bid driver and they might get chewed over it.
Putting in less information than the bid driver will make the route itself look lighter and the bid driver might randomly get more stops.

IMO filling out all the information especially floor numbers is the better of two evils. Screw their numbers indirectly / reverse psychology

Didn’t know that. First time I went to delivery an over 70 after they made the change I scanned it and the SplCnts didn’t work. Asked my supervisor about it and he said they do it automatically and never tried again. Just assumed they are lying.
This is special cons after you scan a package and it will tell you it says special A

Porknado

Ok, I get the room/floor bit for apartments. What do you do for trailer parks, where you have 30 packages for one street address but have to drive all over to get to the actual residence? One fellow driver told me to select the individual’s name under Consignee.

I don’t expect it’ll change the numbers any, but in my head the correct entry is the right way. Also, it’s super annoying to get a follow up to a trailer park that was scanned at the curb (street address) but the actual recipient is a quarter mile or better down the lane.

Ok, I get the room/floor bit for apartments. What do you do for trailer parks, where you have 30 packages for one street address but have to drive all over to get to the actual residence? One fellow driver told me to select the individual’s name under Consignee.

I don’t expect it’ll change the numbers any, but in my head the correct entry is the right way. Also, it’s super annoying to get a follow up to a trailer park that was scanned at the curb (street address) but the actual recipient is a quarter mile or better down the lane.
A trailer park without trailer numbers?

It's really damned if you do damned if you don't.

Putting in extra information that the bid driver might skip over will make you appear more underallowed than the bid driver and they might get chewed over it.
Putting in less information than the bid driver will make the route itself look lighter and the bid driver might randomly get more stops.

IMO filling out all the information especially floor numbers is the better of two evils. Screw their numbers indirectly / reverse psychology
Too much information??? If there is a space for information then you are not putting in too much.

JustDeliverIt

I don’t expect it’ll change the numbers any, but in my head the correct entry is the q way. Also, it’s super annoying to get a follow up to a trailer park that was scanned at the curb (street address) but the actual recipient is a quarter mile or better down the lane.

When I had a trailer park that was one street address each lot had its own number. I just put that lot number in the apartment space and delivered. This way it showed a different stop for each delivery no matter where it was in the park.

Porknado

When I had a trailer park that was one street address each lot had its own number. I just put that lot number in the apartment space and delivered. This way it showed a different stop for each delivery no matter where it was in the park.
That’s exactly what I was trying to accomplish. I’m a stickler for my info being correct…what happens beyond that is out of my control, be it routing or time allowances, idgaf.

Thanks. Got 6 different answers from as many people at my building, this makes the most sense.

Started on Paper

Back in the day when they would actually review your time study with you the allowance was 6 seconds per floor. I have no idea if this still holds true today.