Insane volume

Boxjockey82

We're being forced to come in on Saturday's now. Thought I was safe being 8 years in and having 40 drivers under me, nope! Now the question is do I have to come in on Monday because if so, now guys with less seniority than me(tues-sat) are only working 5 days vs my 6.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We're being forced to come in on Saturday's now. Thought I was safe being 8 years in and having 40 drivers under me, nope! Now the question is do I have to come in on Monday because if so, now guys with less seniority than me(tues-sat) are only working 5 days vs my 6.
I am one of those Tues-Sat guys currently working the system....sorry!!! UPS makes no sense. 4-5 guys with more seniority than me are getting forced into Saturday’s and I get my weekends....it's bs

MattM

air volume is soooo low, we're having layoffs

Yet
Around 840pm I hear a familiar sound in my neighborhood. Ups still out delivering items.

What a weird spot to be in.

Is ground volume upticked that much?

Even in the worst of peak times in December, we were never out past 7pm.

Airport facilities are on the downtrend apparently. Luckily hours have only decreased 10%, and actual workload for us has gone down 20-30%. They're begging people for scheduled layoffs to make book.

Easiest money I have ever made, and then I hear the ups trucks at 840pm stopping and delivering.

Why such a crazy disconnect? I'd be happy to driver help at their hub

Brownee

We did more volume this Thursday (4/30) than December 16th, 2019 (Monday) with dramatically less workforce and no reload, PVDs, seasonals or helpers.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We did more volume this Thursday (4/30) than December 16th, 2019 (Monday) with dramatically less workforce and no reload, PVDs, seasonals or helpers.
Looks like pvds and seasonal drivers are worthless in good weather and because the media gives is a pass for failing during a :pandemic".