Inside job classifications?

HBGPreloader

Hey gang and happy thanksgiving.
I'm a part timer covered under the Central PA agreement. And, with several recent retirements, there will be job openings and the opportunity for bidding coming up in the near future.
For starters, I currently have a fair amount of seniority and load package cars in one of the centers at our building and was wondering if there is a difference between working in one of the centers vs working in the hub? I'm also asking this because hub employees can be worked 6 days and was wondering if I'm a hub employee.
So, I was wondering what, if any, are different inside job classifications? And, is there anywhere online where I can get a job description or a better understanding of the work?I'm referring to job categories listed on page 223 of the supplement.
Also, based upon different categories, am I to understand that some that may or may not be eligible for bidding? And, would these positions be open to both part time and full time employees? Ideally, I want to stay part time to maintain my part time seniority for picking vacations time off, pension, etc.
However, if the right opportunity comes along, I would not be opposed to going full time.
Although I appreciate much of the humor here, I would appreciate if the replies would remain on topic.

Thanks!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Always submit bids, for every opening. Even the ones you know that you will never get. This is the best way to answer your concerns.

HBGPreloader

Always submit bids, for every opening. Even the ones you know that you will never get. This is the best way to answer your concerns.
Thanks.
I've been told that before and understand the reasoning for it.
However, I'm not getting any younger and don't want to waste the company's or my time and effort attempting to pursue a position that is not a good fit for me.
So, do you know if there is a difference between being a hub or center employee? Or, are we all the same?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If you are going to wait until a 'good fit ' position comes along , by the time one appears you'll be too old for it. Even thing is a gamble at UPS. And yes we are all the same. If you have some free time, you should research how UPS classifies every element of their operations. All vehicles are owned by Automotive Dept and are leased to the Hub and Center. While the Center pays rent to the Hub for the space they are assigned. All employees are actually owned by another company located some where within the UPS Corp.

HBGPreloader

If you have some free time, you should research how UPS classifies every element of their operations...
That's what I'm really trying to figure out. Is there a corporate manuals or any suggestions on where to start?
Unfortunately, I'm in no rush because my current conditions have hampered other pursuits both inside or outside of UPS.

I'm a part timer covered under the Central PA agreement. And, with several recent retirements, there will be job openings and the opportunity for bidding coming up in the near future.
For starters, I currently have a fair amount of seniority and load package cars in one of the centers at our building and was wondering if there is a difference between working in one of the centers vs working in the hub? I'm also asking this because hub employees can be worked 6 days and was wondering if I'm a hub employee.
So, I was wondering what, if any, are different inside job classifications? And, is there anywhere online where I can get a job description or a better understanding of the work?I'm referring to job categories listed on page 223 of the supplement.
Also, based upon different categories, am I to understand that some that may or may not be eligible for bidding? And, would these positions be open to both part time and full time employees? Ideally, I want to stay part time to maintain my part time seniority for picking vacations time off, pension, etc.
However, if the right opportunity comes along, I would not be opposed to going full time.
Although I appreciate much of the humor here, I would appreciate if the replies would remain on topic.

Thanks!
In general Hub PT employees only get 3 1/2 hours while preload get 4 to 4 1/2. Hub PT have more opportunities to double shift on other Hub sorts and also the preload if needed. In my opinion the Hubs are better run then the preload but that could just be in my building. If you transfer you have to stay at least 6 months by contract.

HBGPreloader

In general Hub PT employees only get 3 1/2 hours while preload get 4 to 4 1/2. Hub PT have more opportunities to double shift on other Hub sorts and also the preload if needed. In my opinion the Hubs are better run then the preload but that could just be in my building. If you transfer you have to stay at least 6 months by contract.
Thanks.
You brought up another concern I have about the 6 month commitment. I don't want to commit to a job that I cannot handle for 6 months.
I want to say more, but it might make it easier to reveal who I am because my issues are well known among coworkers and management.

Thanks.
You brought up another concern I have about the 6 month commitment. I don't want to commit to a job that I cannot handle for 6 months.
I want to say more, but it might make it easier to reveal who I am because my issues are well known among coworkers and management.
If you can handle the preload BS you can handle the Hub BS. Either way it is your call.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks.

what your main malfunction

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Thanks!

Thanks.
I've been told that before and understand the reasoning for it.
However, I'm not getting any younger and don't want to waste the company's or my time and effort attempting to pursue a position that is not a good fit for me.
So, do you know if there is a difference between being a hub or center employee? Or, are we all the same?

That's what I'm really trying to figure out. Is there a corporate manuals or any suggestions on where to start?
Unfortunately, I'm in no rush because my current conditions have hampered other pursuits both inside or outside of UPS.

Thanks.

Let's cut to the chase.

There are job's that pay more.

And, you are wondering if your seniority can help you ?

Or.... Some sort of accommodation ?